Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Il'gynoth Heroic

Having trouble with 2nd phase 1 adds, and wondering if there is anything preventing you from leaving the horror alive with tanks outside while the rest of players enter the eye? Just don't seem to have the damage to kill it off while keeping on top of corrupter's and other tentacles, so thinking to just ignore it. Would this work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emote View Post
    Having trouble with 2nd phase 1 adds, and wondering if there is anything preventing you from leaving the horror alive with tanks outside while the rest of players enter the eye? Just don't seem to have the damage to kill it off while keeping on top of corrupter's and other tentacles, so thinking to just ignore it. Would this work?
    Well i see no reason, why you couldn't leave both tanks and 1 healer outside with it. But save lust/hero for 2nd phase 1 adds (pop heron when you come out for dominator tentacles), have melee focus on Deathglares and ranged take care of corruptors. Dont kill slimes yes, just kite them. When you killed those 3 corruptors from side, kite all slimes to eye and aoe them down. Then start nuking horror and when new deathglares spawn, leave couple melee to nuke horror, rest go for deathglares with ranged. After that melees go back to horror and ranged nuke down two corruptor tentacles. This worked for us

Deleted
    My guild killed it like that at least.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we saved lust for when we came out of the heart phase to get back on top of the adds, made a huge difference for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Well i see no reason, why you couldn't leave both tanks and 1 healer outside with it. But save lust/hero for 2nd phase 1 adds (pop heron when you come out for dominator tentacles), have melee focus on Deathglares and ranged take care of corruptors. Dont kill slimes yes, just kite them. When you killed those 3 corruptors from side, kite all slimes to eye and aoe them down. Then start nuking horror and when new deathglares spawn, leave couple melee to nuke horror, rest go for deathglares with ranged. After that melees go back to horror and ranged nuke down two corruptor tentacles. This worked for us
    Saving Hero/Lust for adds, what.
    All you do is have melee zerg the Horror while ranged deal with the small tentacles and bloods. Add in a DK to grip the bloods and you'll sail through the fight.

As others have said if your still struggling use hero when you come out of the boss room on the 2 large tenticles, this allowed us to keep on top of adds.
    We wiped for 10 tries on a previous night and when using hero this way one shot it.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Emote View Post
    you need to kill it before you enter the eye.. Horror must die before u enter.

i killed it on release its stupidly easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    All you do is have melee zerg the Horror while ranged deal with the small tentacles and bloods. Add in a DK to grip the bloods and you'll sail through the fight.
    dont use Hero on Adds lol.. if u need hero for adds your laggin tons of dps. your suppose to kill the eye after 1st go.

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

dont use Hero on Adds lol.. if u need hero for adds your laggin tons of dps. your suppose to kill the eye after 1st go.
    Jesus, get back into your hole and stop spreading false information.

If you can't handle the heart in one go, don't use heroism in there. Use it for the adds outside when you get out again.
    It's also possible to leave the second horror alive but your tanks need to survive it.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not supposed to kill it on 1st go and there is not really many guilds capable of doing it. For us plebs, hero on adds is better way to deal with encounter.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Please take a 10 day break from the internet. There are several ways of doing this, your info is completely false.

I guess your DPS isn't the best since your asking for advice, but have you guys tried to maybe bench 1 healer for a DPS more if the raid is rather big, and just zerg the heart in 1 inside phase, else do the tactic Fatboss released, it worked wonders on the Beta, we however zerged in 1 phase, so I cant offer much to this.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Teomas View Post
    Jesus, get back into your hole and stop spreading false information.

If you can't handle the heart in one go, don't use heroism in there. Use it for the adds outside when you get out again.
    It's also possible to leave the second horror alive but your tanks need to survive it.
    eh what? u might wanna look me up lol i was in a guild with the 2nd guild in the world to kill it.. and you need to kill that Horror Before you enter the eye. and you do not use Hero outside.. thats a waste

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Please take a 10 day break from the internet. There are several ways of doing this, your info is completely false.
    nope kill all blobs,horror,tentacles and go in side obviously if a horror is up u keep the slimes and dont dps them. and once horror is down u kill the slimes open the eye and go in and use Hero and kill it in 1 go. or 2 depending on how high dps your group has.

look me up kittens i am BrokenFel on Eu. i am better then any of u

eh what? u might wanna look me up lol i was in a guild with the 2nd guild in the world to kill it.. and you need to kill that Horror Before you enter the eye. and you do not use Hero outside.. thats a waste

- - - Updated - - -

nope kill all blobs,horror,tentacles and go in side obviously if a horror is up u keep the slimes and dont dps them. and once horror is down u kill the slimes open the eye and go in and use Hero and kill it in 1 go. or 2 depending on how high dps your group has.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done Only log with someone named Brokenfel in it, and only 110 Brokenfel on EU. 9:32 kill. Doesn't look like you guys did particularly well, does it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    No. If you can't kill it on first enter, you use heroism on Dominators when you come out. If you have DPS to kill it in first enter, ofc you use heroism there.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop spreading false information. If you cant kill it on second enter, then you lack DPS. It is perfectly fine to kill it on second enter.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. So this guy is trolling....

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    No. If you can't kill it on first enter, you use heroism on Dominators when you come out. If you have DPS to kill it in first enter, ofc you use heroism there.

Stop spreading false information. If you cant kill it on second enter, then you lack DPS. It is perfectly fine to kill it on second enter.

Ok. So this guy is trolling....
    eh what? the only trolls is you and the rest lol.. look me up then. i got the kill on first raid day.. Kill Horror First and then kill slimes open eye and go in.. your tanks cannot survive that 50 sec and its a waste of dmg. since u be missing out 1 or 2 healers and 2 tanks.

2 tanks are about 300k dps. and 1-2 healers can easily get 100-200k

eh what? the only trolls is you and the rest lol.. look me up then. i got the kill on first raid day.. Kill Horror First and then kill slimes open eye and go in.. your tanks cannot survive that 50 sec and its a waste of dmg. since u be missing out 1 or 2 healers and 2 tanks.

2 tanks are about 300k dps. and 1-2 healers can easily get 100-200k
    Except in your case where 2 tanks were about 170K dps, right?
    He's not wrong dude. It's far easier to lust on the adds that pops up outside the second time; The heart phase is a joke, the second time around you get 90 seconds instead of 45. Considering the heart drops to like 40% without lust the first time (which means it's *not enough* to lust and be able to 1 phase it), there's absolutely no reason to pop lust INSIDE at the moment.

Likewise, adds stop spawning as soon as you kill the eye - knowing that, and that you have 90 seconds left on the second cast, should make it fairly obvious that you want to break the eye ASAP and just simply clean up adds outside before entering. You'll still have plenty of time to do the last 40% under executes.

- - - Updated - - -

World 2nd Heroic Il'gynoth went to a US guild, you are claiming you were in that guild, but you are also giving us your EU toon.
    Troll is a troll, get the fuck out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Except in your case where 2 tanks were about 170K dps, right?
    He's not wrong dude. It's far easier to lust on the adds that pops up outside the second time; The heart phase is a joke, the second time around you get 90 seconds instead of 45. Considering the heart drops to like 40% without lust the first time (which means it's *not enough* to lust and be able to 1 phase it), there's absolutely no reason to pop lust INSIDE at the moment.

Likewise, adds stop spawning as soon as you kill the eye - knowing that, and that you have 90 seconds left on the second cast, should make it fairly obvious that you want to break the eye ASAP and just simply clean up adds outside before entering. You'll still have plenty of time to do the last 40% under executes.
    far eaiser? sure if your noobs..

you dont waste Hero or lust on adds.. its simply a mistake that can prove deadly. either u kill the boss in 1 go or 2. depending on dps. however this will obviously change on mythic since he does more then just 1 phase i believe he has 3 . and also u got 50 Sec and last phase is 100 Sec.

and also killing horror after is just not something people do.. all guilds i know even the top 1-5 guilds kill horror with no lust before they enter.. Simply because its easy to forget that its alive and u might end up dying cause if Horror isn't dead before heart phase is done . welp your going to deal with Destructor tentacles and a Horror which no tanks can handle since the tentacle alone has a insane dmg..

Horror > Eye > Heart If Horror is alive when eye is open your going to wipe..

Reason destructors will spawn right after heart phase is over and u wont be able to kill the horror in 5sec..

so again Horror > if any slimes alive kite them around as they leave a nasty dot and the blood on ground, > Eye kill > Heart kill 1st go or 2nd

Deleted
    Unless you can kill the eye in one phase with hero absolutely no point using it inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    World 2nd Heroic Il'gynoth went to a US guild, you are claiming you were in that guild, but you are also giving us your EU toon.
    Troll is a troll, get the fuck out of here.
    sadly i am not a troll i am just one of the best players in the game. that know what tactics are.. and what not to do now get out of here troll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Unless you can kill the eye in one phase with hero absolutely no point using it inside.
    no its never a waste lol. Using Hero simply insures 1st time kill + it resets the Hero,lust timer and ready to use after boss is dead..

using it on adds proves that your incapable of healing the tanks or proving your incapable of doing enough dps.

- - - Updated - - -

oh by the way dont talk and tell people lies about bosses or tactics if you havn't killed him on hc...