How Would A Frost DK Stay Up?

As some one who played Frost DK for the last few months before 7.0 the changes have confused me. Admittedly I logged and tried the spec for an hour and then logged out in complete disgust as I was kited to death and had no idea how to sustain my self like I did before.

So, how would Frost DK's stay up today? I can't seem to understand how self healing works? A % of damage received over a window?

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    As some one who played Frost DK for the last few months before 7.0 the changes have confused me. Admittedly I logged and tried the spec for an hour and then logged out in complete disgust as I was kited to death and had no idea how to sustain my self like I did before.

So, how would Frost DK's stay up today? I can't seem to understand how self healing works? A % of damage received over a window?

Thanks

The answer in all honesty is, you don't

That's why Frost is so bad right now.

It's not the damage, infact after the incoming frost buffs Frost probably puts out huge single target damage in PvP similiar to pre-nerf demonhunters

But the survivability is not existent.

The most you can do right now is this which is not enough:

- Cadaverous Pallor from the PvP talents
    - When the Pallor debuff gets too massive AMS it away
    - Pool your runic power when you drop low
    - Pop icebound fortitude and spam deathstrikes to heal with your artifact trait that gives 300% more heal

This might sound good in theory but really frost DK survivability is terrible

Unholy gets a 90% damage reduction, can kite properly and doesn't lose damage when using death strike unlike frost since your main damage comes from frost strikes which also require rune power

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

Thanks
    I'm not gonna comment on how viable frost is, no clue.
    But not every class needs to stay up solo. How would 3vs3 arena's even work if no class ever needed a healer?

...ok so massive damage potential with CD healing (3min) .. Behind a healer frost puts out some of the highest sustained with breath/burst 2min CD massive burst?

Solo .. unless you have something to hit you die?