Which will be your off spec now?

Arcane or Frost after the buffs?

Thinking about putting some AP in either of them, not sure which one yet.

Deleted
    I want to play arcane since it's been my favourite spec before cata, but after the changes I just can't get behind the gameplay. So I guess I'll go frost if I ever get bored of fire.

Probably going with Frost.

Arcane in Legion seems like a bunch of gimmicky dogshit to me.

Deleted
    fire / fire.

Frost offpsec... so Arcane/Frost.

Hate fire, never liked it - still don't.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    This expansion doesn't allow serious off specs in practice. It's not only the AP. If you start getting spec-specific legendaries any offspec is kill.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-09-29 at 09:53 AM.

I guess frost, I really don't like how arcane plays, never did, but it's got worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire/Arcane, Fire is too fun when it comes to cleaving and aoe. Arcane is clearly going to be the next best choice. I only enjoyed Arcane during MoP, atm it's sort of close to what it use to be in MoP. So, I'm going with that as my 2nd choice.

Arcane is real fun this expansion.

My offspec will stay fire. I find frost so clunky.

My off spec is a second set of crit-versa equip for pure ST fights!

J/K; i think it will be arcane as soon as its usual place will be restored.

I would love for my OS to be Frost, but I feel Arcane will perform better. It's all moot atm though as the limiting factor is relics moreso than AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire / Arcane.. Allready have 14 traits in that staff as offspec

Never liked frost cause of the pet..if only that talent that removes it was a viable option dps wise

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    This expansion does allow serious off specs in practice. It's not only the AP. If you start getting spec-specific legendaries any offspec is kill.
    I definitely think a far more flexible system if they are going to do the legendary route would be to make artifact power apply to all artifact weapons equally, so each can be boosted at the same rate and none fall behind. Moreover, all the legendary drops ought to have boosts for each spec and not just one. You would still only be able to use one boost at a time, but again, it would afford far more flexibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I guess frost, I really don't like how arcane plays, never did, but it's got worse.
    It definitely is, feels like a cesspool of restrictions and unsatisfying rotations. arcane missiles used to be castable at all times, where procs just made them free and half speed, but weaving them into the standard rotation even without a proc was still encouraged for top dps. Proc droughts are cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    I definitely think a far more flexible system if they are going to do the legendary route would be to make artifact power apply to all artifact weapons equally, so each can be boosted at the same rate and none fall behind. Moreover, all the legendary drops ought to have boosts for each spec and not just one. You would still only be able to use one boost at a time, but again, it would afford far more flexibility.
    The expansion is over in terms of that. I hadn't figured out at first the extend of how much they are gating specs now. Once I realized the impact of spec-specific legendaries on a character I realized offspecing in this expansion is kill.

This might be a very boring expansion. Never changing spec on anything. At the same time it is interesting to see how devs struggle to make all specs viable.

The practical reality is that around 90% of us are locked on fire - some even more so with legendaries - and there will be protest on the streets if it's nerfed.

Guys who are saying that AP is gating off-specs obviously never seen the askmrrobot chart. There is like a difference of a 1 day between levelling only 1 weapon or 2. The real problem are legendaries, but even that would not be an issue in like 6 month as we would prob already have the best once for the main spec + some have multi-spec legendaries so it doesn't even affect them
    Last edited by Raggon; 2016-09-29 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    The practical reality is that around 90% of us are locked on fire - some even more so with legendaries - and there will be protest on the streets if it's nerfed.
    The majority isn't a progress raider and don't care about +- 10%. It is more about the fun playing it and Normal really is undertuned, while Heroic is at a lower difficulty then WoD was.

Legendarys and Artifact power makes it easyer over time to progress, but it isn't really mandatory for 90% of the playerbase. The first 13 Points in the Artifact are more and less for free and will let you reach one golden artifact power very fast.

To clear HC and a few bosses on mythic, you won't need much artifact power (20 is more then enough) and no legendarys. As well as Artifact power for second specs are more or less free. One point in your main spec gives you 10-20 in your off spec. More isn't neccessary, but it is more foregiving / easier.

Just play well and HC clear isn't hard with some time, there are really little requirements to start raiding these days.

WoD was styled around: Your GS + 10 = Dropped itemlevel and you are fine. Now it is more like Your GS + 20 = dropped Itemlevel and you are fine.