7+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Storytelling - Spoilers

This expansion, thus far, is filled to the brim with more lore than we can get our hands on. Possible Old God return, Illidan being a marysue master of fel and light and questioning allegiances make to be some great storytelling.

Unfortunately (and I wish this wasn't the case), Blizz's storytelling is very linear and predictable and it always has been. I love theories of where N'Zoth is, that Light's Heart could actually be KJ or that the Naaru are actually evil and the whole Illidan being the child of light and shadow is bs. but I'm almost positive that none of these things can come true.

Im not a super big fan of Illidan being a super holy warrior of light now, and wish ideas like above could be implemented but Blizz's storytelling will follow the same path as it always has.

The Lore team at Blizz is great, but lacks the depth, mystery and meaningful development that we can find in authors such as George RR Martin, Robert Jordan, RA Salvatore and beyond.

Warcraft characters seem to have an inherent lack of dynamic motives. My favourite example is the theory that Vol'jin made Sylvanas Warchief so that all eyes will be on her and she cannot get up to anything malevolent like she did while Garrosh was in power. This has turned out to not be the case. Blizz made this decision because Sylvanas is a character that people like and they know that people will fanboy and get a shock value out of it. This leaves us who enjoy the story to question why a suitable and honorable Warchief was killed off to be replaced by a dark and edgy rebel. We make up theories to justify the writing but in fact it comes down to "I bet people will be shocked when this happens."

In short, I hope the Blizz lore team can somehow really start pushing dynamic characters and storytelling that keeps us on the edge of the seat, instead of the very predictable route it seems to be taking.

Deleted
    The Lore Team ist great? Fuck? The current Lore Team of Blizzard seems to be a bunch of total Idiots who shouldn't be allowed to write. Like, I mean it. There should be an actual law thats forbids the current Lore team writting.

I just say "Draenor is Free". Or in the Case of the Forsaken: "Oh, they just killed me, killed everyone I loved and cursed me into an existence of eternal unhappyness. I should totally join this guys!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you heard them whispers yet? if you did then you should know that nothing is predictable as it seems. What we think is happening may not be so.

Deleted
    The problem is, we can't even be sure if this whole story leads into something. Look at all those plotlines in Classic that were never finished. Look at Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    The Lore Team ist great? Fuck? The current Lore Team of Blizzard seems to be a bunch of total Idiots who shouldn't be allowed to write. Like, I mean it. There should be an actual law thats forbids the current Lore team writting.

I just say "Draenor is Free". Or in the Case of the Forsaken: "Oh, they just killed me, killed everyone I loved and cursed me into an existence of eternal unhappyness. I should totally join this guys!"
    They make mistakes but they aren't a bunch of total idiots. I know you prefer to go into your headcannon but try to keep perspective.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They make mistakes but they aren't a bunch of total idiots. I know you prefer to go into your headcannon but try to keep perspective.
    How is the whole story good? Most of the characters are just one-dimensional daydreams or masturbation-fantasies for men who never left their puberty behind or random Villains and even those who may be interesting are turned into such at one point or another. Most of the plots doesn't make sense. The Timeline is a piece of crap and all of those retcons pretty much proof how less concept Blizz has in their story-planing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    How is the whole story good? Most of the characters are just one-dimensional daydreams or masturbation-fantasies for men who never left their puberty behind or random Villains and even those who may be interesting are turned into such at one point or another. Most of the plots doesn't make sense. The Timeline is a piece of crap and all of those retcons pretty much proof how less concept Blizz has in their story-planing.
    Outside of the Illidan connection to being a hero of Light, it's pretty good. Better then WoD. I don't know what else to tell you other then you sound like a very very angry man that needs to chill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Outside of the Illidan connection to being a hero of Light, it's pretty good. Better then WoD. I don't know what else to tell you other then you sound like a very very angry man that needs to chill.
    Most of the current story is good, but I know how Blizzard will fuck things up. Again.

its getting better imo, I dont like illidan being chosen by the naaru, that makes literally 0 sense, he has had a great story arc, he is an anti hero, hes selfish, but does whats right in his mind, which literally everyone does and he cant see how his actions negatively impact anyone else. There are a million better characters to be the chosen champion of light, other characters who have been royally shafted and didnt enslave a race out of anger, or perhaps characters who already follow the light?
    Making illidan the champion of light makes about as much sense as making garrosh the champion of light.

10+ Year Old Account
    @M-Ra

If you're unhappy about the Lore and story lines why not find another game?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    @M-Ra

If you're unhappy about the Lore and story lines why not find another game?
    Because he needs confirmation that his voice matters by trolling a lore forum of a game he pretends to despise.