Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Thumbs down Mythic+ shouldn't have time limits

Now before people freak out and start yelling noob let me explain:

Imo harder dungeon content should come from more dmg, more health or the affixes like there is now. Where does a time limit fit in there? It doesn't make it harder, just more frustrating.

All it promotes is rushed content. One of the problems people had with challenge modes was it felt like a rush fest. How is mythic+ different?

I've been tanking several +5/6 mythics now and all the time i was thinking: must pull faster, must pull faster, must make the time limit! The fact you always have a guy yelling gogogo! doesn't help either (we always made the time limit but you always have 'that guy')

Imagine if mythic raids had a time limit. The outcry would be immense but for dungeons its ok to have a rushfest?
    The time limit promotes (at a high mythic+ level) certain class combos purely because of the time limit.

Hard dungeons are perfectly reasonable with just using dmg/mechanics.

TLDR: harder content should come from more mechanics and dmg/health. Not a rushfest a time limit gives
    Last edited by Pufster; 2016-09-25 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    now and all the time i was thinking: must pull faster, must pull faster, must make the time limit! The fact you always have a guy yelling gogogo! doesn't help either
    That's the point.

It would be boring without a time limit because you could just cc everything, fight one enemy at a time, and crawl through a snail's pace. It wouldn't be hard at mythic +10 with no time limit, it would just be a long grind through a bunch of mobs' health bars. That's not the intent.

Dungeons aren't raids, so your comparison doesn't fit.
    Last edited by kestrel; 2016-09-25 at 06:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I am not a fan of the time limits.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    Agreed. I am not a fan of the time limits.
    The time limit is literally the only part of a mythic+ that make it challenging

Imagine if mythic raids had a time limit. The outcry would be immense but for dungeons its ok to have a rushfest?
    Theey do have a time limit. It's called "enrage timer".

No time limit would make them completely trivial, as the poster above me said, yuo can just CC everything and fight 1 by 1 . Yeah so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
    That's the point.

It would be boring without a time limit because you could just cc everything, fight one enemy at a time, and crawl through a snail's pace. It wouldn't be hard at mythic +10 with no time limit, it would just be a long grind through a bunch of mobs' health bars. That's not the intent.

You are purely talking about trash and CC. At the bosses they could make the fights hard and interesting and you can't cc there. Basicly like mythic raids are.

Blizzard themselves said mythic+ is an alternative path to gearing up but they designed it in such a way its just rush rush and not purely hard (like mythic raids)

As two people have already mentioned, if you didn't have a time limit there wouldn't be anything stopping you from just CCing all but one of the mobs and fight them one at a time. Which would completely ruin any challenge they even have in the first place.

Deleted
    As said, Mythic+ would then just be a CC fest where you bring enough CC to be able to finish the dungeon, you could go 2 healers and 3 tanks if you'd like it wouldn't matter and it would make even mythic 15+ a joke. Literally nothing would matter if there wasn't a time limit. And buffing dmg from mobs and bosses doesn't work forever since at one point all it does is 1 shot your tank, and buffing health would just make it into a very slow fight.

If you have a proposed way to keep mythic + challenging without the time limit please do share.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Theey do have a time limit. It's called "enrage timer".

No time limit would make them completely trivial, as the poster above me said, yuo can just CC everything and fight 1 by 1 . Yeah so hard.
    Again we are purely talking trash here. A dungeon is more than that. What is wrong with making the bosses hard? Yes you could cc the mobs 1 by 1 but how would that help if the bosses are immensly hard? THAT imo is where the difficulty should be. Not time or trash

You won't finish the dungeon and get loot if you can't kill the bosses

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
    That's the point.

I feel like you didn't play TBC if you're saying this. Bringing multiple CC classes was mandatory. Tanks had massive avoidance, and that shit was still hard af for a long time. The reality is CC is in the game for a reason, and people want to try and zerg down these dungeons like this is WoD and you can just tank and heal through everything. That really isn't the case, but because they want those extra chests they run like idiots.

If anything I think they should relax the time limit a bit and remove the extra loot, but maybe buff the min loot, so 2 chests always for example.

Deleted
    when will people realise that M+ is based on the Diablo 3 Greater Rift system.

This means
    Harder and harder mobs each difficulty.
    No loot till end.
    Time Limit.

Not harder mobs, but we can simply CC it all, and not worry about time.

The whole point of the time limit is that eventually you won't make it. The dungeon isn't supposed to be based around whether or not you can finish it. The bosses are pretty easy and won't be much of a challenge. The trash is the hard part of dungeons and always will be so the timer is there to see if you can deal enough damage in an efficient manner and still meet the time limit in order to progress to the higher difficulty.

You must be bringing bad dps only done 6+ more then 10 min remaining. Timer does not affect it at all unless baddies.

Again we are purely talking trash here. A dungeon is more than that. What is wrong with making the bosses hard? Yes you could cc the mobs 1 by 1 but how would that help if the bosses are immensly hard? THAT imo is where the difficulty should be. Not time or trash

You won't finish the dungeon and get loot if you can't kill the bosses
    A dungeon is not more than trash. Blizzard themselves stated that dungeons are basically all about the trash. They said you should ideally spend more time on trash inside a dungeon than any boss. It's usually 10-15 minutes of trash for 1 5 minute boss fight. The point of a dungeon is effectively clearing trash. Raids are about killing bosses. Two very different things.

You are purely talking about trash and CC. At the bosses they could make the fights hard and interesting and you can't cc there. Basicly like mythic raids are.

Blizzard themselves said mythic+ is an alternative path to gearing up but they designed it in such a way its just rush rush and not purely hard (like mythic raids)
    Uh no it's not. You can fail the timer and still get loot. And you still get a chance to replenish the keystone. Sounds like Mythic + is not the kind of content for you.

The time limit is only there to show that you outperformed the current mythic level and are ready for the next. You can crawl through at a snail's pace, complete a mythic+ and still get loot. The timer is there to determine if your group is good enough for the next level of difficulty since going thru at a snail's pace doesn't really prove anything outside that your group can cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them removing the time limit but providing extra loot if you beat it within a certain time. This way you could use multiple strategies to beat mythic+ dungeons - slow grind with cc if you're going for a higher keystone, or quick zerg if you're going for gear/ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I could see them removing the time limit but providing extra loot if you beat it within a certain time. This way you could use multiple strategies to beat mythic+ dungeons - slow grind with cc if you're going for a higher keystone, or quick zerg if you're going for gear/ap.
    That's essentially how the system is currently. If you beat the time limit, you get extra loot by upgrading your keystone and qualifying for a higher difficulty. If you can't beat the next timer, you can still go thru and complete the mythic+ slowly and still get loot, just not an upgraded keystone.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-09-25 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    I agree that I would rather have a ton more mechanics to deal with: Mobs that have to be kited, very very short windows for interrupts/stuns, mechanics that one shot and requires instant reaction, unavoidable things that kill you unless you use a defensive CD and in general more coordination... Like a real raid, but of course also with relevant DPS checks. However only very few raid bosses have a relevant hard enrage, most enrage timers are soft and can generally be done by smart use of cooldowns, targetting or coordination of player positioning/defensive CDs.

Mythic+ right now is purely a speed test, and it sucks as a shadow priest. Right now I really cant push more DPS with my current gear level. Why not make mechanics more relevant rather than class/gear?

Of course that would require Blizzard to design new mechanics on mythic+ difficulty rather than just using a % modifier.

Now before people freak out and start yelling noob let me explain:

Imo harder dungeon content should come from more dmg, more health or the affixes like there is now. Where does a time limit fit in there? It doesn't make it harder, just more frustrating.

All it promotes is rushed content. One of the problems people had with challenge modes was it felt like a rush fest. How is mythic+ different?

I've been tanking several +5/6 mythics now and all the time i was thinking: must pull faster, must pull faster, must make the time limit! The fact you always have a guy yelling gogogo! doesn't help either (we always made the time limit but you always have 'that guy')

The time limit promotes (at a high mythic+ level) certain class combos purely because of the time limit.

Hard dungeons are perfectly reasonable with just using dmg/mechanics.
    "let's wait for bloodlust."

That's where the timer fits in.