Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Possible Mythic only boss after Xavius?

So I was just reading up a bit on Xavius and came across this:

"Malfurion sensed however, that while Xavius was strong, he was merely the servant of something even more powerful. The true master of the Emerald Nightmare has thus yet to be revealed."

So is it possible that Blizzard have added a "hidden" boss (not in the dungeon journal)? Or are they just referring to Sargeras as Xavius serves the Legion?

Source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Xavius

The true master of the Emerald Nightmare is N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    He's responsible but he's not there. I can't see him making an appearance in full. Maybe he'll send an avatar or something to herald his arrival so we learn he's broken free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yeah I saw that later when I looked at the Emerald Nightmare wiki.. Should've digged deeper before posting this thread

Deleted
    I dont think we will see a chogall type boss at the end of the fight again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Actually the one responsible for the Emerald Nightmare according to the Chronicle is Yogg'saron (and I guess Fandral). N'zoth just picked up where Yogg left. I really hope they stop showing the story on Mythic only bosses
    bosses yeah, but extra phase like M archimonde/garrosh had is better for more people to get the story + you cna Always come back later in exp or look up vid its not same as being there but atleats youl get to know the extra M only stuff.

The worst part about mythic archimonde is when they popped out his body after he died, like nothing happened lol. But it was cool nonetheless

I wouldn't be surprised to see Xavius have a mythic only phase, but doubt we'll see a mythic only boss this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    He's responsible but he's not there. I can't see him making an appearance in full. Maybe he'll send an avatar or something to herald his arrival so we learn he's broken free.
    Sorry Chronicle said otherwise. It was Yogg who was responsible. People speculated from that quote that it was Nzoth and Metzen I think at one point made one of his ridiculous claims that show he doesn't know his own lore "I thought we pretty much indicated it was Nzoth?" that now is pretty much revealed to be one of the "I thought Falstad is dead?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The worst part about mythic archimonde is when they popped out his body after he died, like nothing happened lol. But it was cool nonetheless
    Apparently they tweeted that mythic was in fact canon, but I believe it was deleted or something. They basically said they didn't have time for two cinematics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I dont think we will see a chogall type boss at the end of the fight again.
    I mean we've had one almost every expansion since heroic mode was a thing(mythic now). Algalon was a HUGE part of the titan story. Sinestra was a prime consort to DW, but honestly was sort of just thrown in. Raden was a HUGE part of the titan/Mogu story. Cho was sort of really just thrown in as well tbh and really didn't add much to the story so I don't know why people cried about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    bosses yeah, but extra phase like M archimonde/garrosh had is better for more people to get the story + you cna Always come back later in exp or look up vid its not same as being there but atleats youl get to know the extra M only stuff.
    Archimonde's mythic phase was the the most boring one they've made. Hectic and heart pounding yeah, but nothing as amazing and HOLY SHIT LEGS DON'T MOVE GET INTO THE ROOTS OH GOOOOD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Sorry Chronicle said otherwise. It was Yogg who was responsible. People speculated from that quote that it was Nzoth and Metzen I think at one point made one of his ridiculous claims that show he doesn't know his own lore "I thought we pretty much indicated it was Nzoth?" that now is pretty much revealed to be one of the "I thought Falstad is dead?"

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they tweeted that mythic was in fact canon, but I believe it was deleted or something. They basically said they didn't have time for two cinematics.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean we've had one almost every expansion since heroic mode was a thing(mythic now). Algalon was a HUGE part of the titan story. Sinestra was a prime consort to DW, but honestly was sort of just thrown in. Raden was a HUGE part of the titan/Mogu story. Cho was sort of really just thrown in as well tbh and really didn't add much to the story so I don't know why people cried about that.
    Im just saying chogall wouldve been way cooler as a seperate mythic only fight, not as a phase in the last fight.
    And I do think chogall was necessary for the story, HM doesnt make sense without him, and many non-mythic players didnt even know he died in the raid because he wasnt in the dungeon journal

At least if he was a seperate mythic only fight, everyone wouldve known he was a boss and the raid would make sense (sinse he basically allows u to raid the instance in the first plays, by fighting the ogres)
    It also wouldve given players something new to look forward to, going into mythic from heroic

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yogg may have created it, but N'Zoth's in charge, that's what I meant by responsible. Yogg can't be in control of the Nightmare if he's dead.

Deleted
    Yogg may have created it, but N'Zoth's in charge, that's what I meant by responsible. Yogg can't be in control of the Nightmare if he's dead.
    yogg isnt dead, the only old god thats dead is y'shaaraj

yogg isnt dead, the only old god thats dead is y'shaaraj
    Yes he is. C'Thun and Yogg Saron were killed.
    There is a quest NPC who refers to C'Thun as dead after you kill it.
    When asked why if we killed C'Thun and Yogg the planet didn't explode, their answer was that it did; Cataclysm happened.
    Their influence lives on, hence why we saw C'Thun fight Me'dan in the comics, but the same can be said of Y'Shaarj in the Sha.

We killed them. N'Zoth is the last remaining Old God. The Shadow Priest artifact Xal'atath says "It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'thun, Yogg-saron, Y'shaarj and -well- only one would remain to consume the world. That was always meant to be...".
    They're very super dead.

Deleted
    That probably refers to something in the Lore in the long term, unrelated to that raid specifically necessarily.

Deleted
    Yes he is. C'Thun and Yogg Saron were killed.
    There is a quest NPC who refers to C'Thun as dead after you kill it.
    When asked why if we killed C'Thun and Yogg the planet didn't explode, their answer was that it did; Cataclysm happened.
    Their influence lives on, hence why we saw C'Thun fight Me'dan in the comics, but the same can be said of Y'Shaarj in the Sha.

We killed them. N'Zoth is the last remaining Old God. The Shadow Priest artifact Xal'atath says "It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'thun, Yogg-saron, Y'shaarj and -well- only one would remain to consume the world. That was always meant to be...".
    They're very super dead.
    only confirmed dead old god is y'shaarj, c'thun and yogg-saron we beat but other are likly still alive. and pretty sure somwhere it in chronicles it says if theyre fully dead or not.

only confirmed dead old god is y'shaarj, c'thun and yogg-saron we beat but other are likly still alive. and pretty sure somwhere it in chronicles it says if theyre fully dead or not.
    ...Did you not read my post? I gave 3 examples of blizzard confirming their deaths.
    Chronicle makes no comment, since it ends just before the first Orcish invasion, years before we killed C'Thun and Yogg Saron.

Deleted
    ...Did you not read my post? I gave 3 examples of blizzard confirming their deaths.
    Chronicle makes no comment, since it ends just before the first Orcish invasion, years before we killed C'Thun and Yogg Saron.
    still only realy confirmed dead is y'shaarj, others we will know 100% when they come i next part of crhonicles.

and I havent read all of chronicles yet, so srry for me thinking would be info about them in it.
    And such whispers can mean theyre defeated and unable to act or theyre dead, it doesnt say yeah all 3 are dead so.

still only realy confirmed dead is y'shaarj, others we will know 100% when they come i next part of crhonicles.

and I havent read all of chronicles yet, so srry for me thinking would be info about them in it.
    And such whispers can mean theyre defeated and unable to act or theyre dead, it doesnt say yeah all 3 are dead so.
    "Only one will remain."
    Y'Shaarj is grouped with C'Thun and Yogg as being dead.

The walls of Ahn'Qiraj tremble. A force of evil, older than the world itself, has been destroyed.

As you look at the remnants of the colossal abomination your heart nearly freezes. Even in death you can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around you."
    Emphasis mine. This is the actual quest from the actual lootable item from actual C'Thun in Ahn'Quiraj.
    It describes him as dead.

During the Blizzcon 2010: Quests and lore panel one of the people asking questions at the panel brought up the Tribunal of Ages event, pointing out that despite us players having "killed" two of the Old Gods, "we're not really seeing much calamity happening." The response from Afrasiabi was a succinct, "Have you played any Cataclysm?" followed by a, "You know, where the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods?" from Metzen.
    From this summary of the 2010 Blizzcon Q and A.

Note their response isn't "You didn't kill them." It's "the consequences of you killing them are happening."

Deleted
    Y'Shaarj is grouped with C'Thun and Yogg as being dead.

Emphasis mine. This is the actual quest from the actual lootable item from actual C'Thun in Ahn'Quiraj.
    It describes him as dead.

From this summary of the 2010 Blizzcon Q and A.

Note their response isn't "You didn't kill them." It's "the consequences of you killing them are happening."
    from 2010 doesnt mean all to much, we will know whats cannon for sure(they couldve changed their idea by now) once we will read it in other part of chronicles