Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    If I bend my knees and straighten them real fast while standing, I can levitate for about 3 seconds.
    Impressive

Saw an interesting levitation video the other day. I'm sure there's a less-than-mystical explanation for it, but it's a fun watch anyway.

Deleted
    I like eating big meals so I usually eat every 14 hours or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Once went 5 hours without eating, it was horrible.

A day, back when wow was crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Like 10 days of no food or fluids. The only way I was getting hydrated was through my IV. I was in the hospital septic with a post-op infection after surgery on my throat and you couldn't have paid me to eat or drink anything.

on purpose? like 12 hours before blood test (though I tried to time as much of it as possible to be during sleep time). because I was sick and couldn't keep anything down? a few days.

when I'm feeling well, while awake if I don't eat every 6 hours at most, I start feeling awful, so I tend to snack during the day a lot. little things, a piece of fruit here, handful of nuts there, in between meals. otherwise - results are not pretty.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-09-26 at 01:11 AM.

4 days. Funny thing was that after the first day I didn't feel hungry at all, but many many other issues started showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Three day water fast, because my yoga instructor at the gym said it was good for overall health (I was 19 and stupid at the time). Felt like crap during and a good week or two afterwards. Never again (intentionally, at least).
    How did you not know that dehydrating yourself was a bad thing? There is zero benefit to not drinking water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be sure exactly how long because I was a young child at the time around 6-8 years old, but it's somewhere around a week. I'm guessing between 5 and 8 days. I had severe tonsillitis, I literally couldn't swallow without hurting my throat. Even drinking water was painful, and I'd vomit if I so much as tried to eat anything or take any medicine (which had to be liquid, because my throat was too swollen to swallow pills).

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you define as 'eating'. A liquid diet might, or might not. I spent probably a good two weeks without eating, and food largely came in the form of protein drinks and vitamins while unable to move about during a back injury.

Straight up nothing but water? Probably a few days a few times, when I was sick.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    7 days........
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    How did you not know that dehydrating yourself was a bad thing? There is zero benefit to not drinking water.
    Water-only fast. I probably felt like crap due to electrolyte loss. *Technically* people can live for a long time without food, as long as they have sufficient fat storage (also possible electrolyte supplementation). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The same explanation for when a cheesy magician levitates an assistant on a table.
    I don't know what that explanation is, but probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't know what that explanation is, but probably.
    Pretty sure the gist of it is that it's a nearly impossible to see table that has a bar raising it from behind the curtain. Its why the magician won't walk around the back, only the front.

Either way, I think a day. I had a really, really bad stomach bug on Christmas once that resulted in me throwing up like 13-14 times without even eating anything.

On the plus side, I haven't thrown up since? And that was like, 4-5 years ago now.

Two days, after an emergency appendectomy. I was in too much pain to think about food.

15+ Year Old Account
    6 days I think is the longest I've gone. Used to regularly go 2-3 days before I got onto my meds. Things are better now, but sometimes I still just don't feel like eating and have to force myself to down something before I get to that point where you stop feeling hunger.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    40 minutes is my record.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 days or so when I was sick. I've quite often gone 20-30 hours without eating though, marathon gaming sessions makes me forget to eat =/

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    A day before I had surgery
    I've done that. It sucks.

I've gone maybe a day and a half when i had a stomach flu, and even then when i ate it didn't stay down. So maybe 2 days there.

On a normal day, fuck if i go more than 6 hours without food you better watch out. Might eat your leg.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    10-14 hours. Not longer than this.