Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The "carry" selling is already in full swing

In the mood to run some Mythic+ but don't have a keystone? Well that's too bad because the premade group finder is now full of groups of 4 players actively preventing anyone else without keystones from doing Mythic+ dungeons. And there are more and more by the day.

I remember people saying that the reason there was so much carry selling for HFC was because it was the end of the expansion or because of the content drought. Yet here we are in the first week of Mythic+ dungeons and "carries" are already rampant.

Please do something about this Blizzard. Because its pretty much ruining the game for anyone who PuGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kindda difficult to control, though.. And well, not seen that many sellers myself, on EU that is. Well, except for raid sellers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    How does this actively prevent anyone from attempting to create a group for Mythic+?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I see the issue. People giving their keystones to the carry groups should have been a given. People will naturally want the more geared and experienced to help them out as the rewards are dependent on how well you do.

What do you expect them to do? Run with lesser geared/experienced players and potentially waste their current keystone?

I can't speak for the entirety of WoW, but for me I've been able to use my keystone and help others with theirs without anyone paying anyone else.

Indeed, this was a not very intelligent design by Blizzard... on my realm (Tarren Mill EU) Method is boosting anybody with level 2 key, you just have to /whisper them (they are making announcements about that on trade chat, lul).

However, you still have the guild. When sb from your guild has keystone and wants to run a dungeon, just join him. People always are eager to group with guildmates rather than randoms, as when random leaves mid-dungeon you are fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I have a really strong feeling Mythic+ is meant as a guild activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is stopping those without a keystone to form a group?

If the answer is "but no one is going to join", then you pretty much answered your question of why there isn'5 such group already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I have a really strong feeling Mythic+ is meant as a guild activity.
    No, it's Easy enough to pug, atleast like +4

Deleted
    Boosting players in mythic+ is the best case of win-win ever. I get to farm gear and ap, they get their guaranteed +5/+6 stone. Either boost yourself or get boosted, I don't see the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like an excellent method for finding a 5th that isn't going to bail before the run is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    No, it's Easy enough to pug, atleast like +4
    I mean, that's the baby mode, so yeah. But i mean in long terms. I don't see people risking a +10 or later on +15 key over someone possibly leaving out of the blue or flat out sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    Boosting players in mythic+ is the best case of win-win ever. I get to farm gear and ap, they get their guaranteed +5/+6 stone. Either boost yourself or get boosted, I don't see the problem.
    As a pure DPS class it's nice to finally be in demand in the LFG system.

Carrying someone through a mythic + dungeon is fine. It's an easy way for someone with a keystone to get 3 chests. The carrier group gets 3 chests for free while the carried person gets guaranteed 3 chests and they keep their keystone intact. It's a win-win situation.

It's unfortunate for you if you have a depleted keystone and want to run more mythics but they reset every week so get over it. There will be plenty more content to run in future weeks.

I'm a bit annoyed though that I've already seen people advertising 10/10 M clear carries for $200K on US-Frostmourne.

Deleted
    Oh great more pay to win, they might as well sell it from the blizzard shop.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    its a win-win scenario, give them your key, they give you free phatlewt and lots of ap, its better than " bring 895 ilvl for normal dungeon "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leml30 View Post
    Please do something about this Blizzard. Because its pretty much ruining the game for anyone who PuGs.
    Don't ask here, go and ask through official channels.

Quote Originally Posted by leml30 View Post
    In the mood to run some Mythic+ but don't have a keystone? Well that's too bad because the premade group finder is now full of groups of 4 players actively preventing anyone else without keystones from doing Mythic+ dungeons. And there are more and more by the day.

I remember people saying that the reason there was so much carry selling for HFC was because it was the end of the expansion or because of the content drought. Yet here we are in the first week of Mythic+ dungeons and "carries" are already rampant.
    This is a fair point to make. Blizzard has never been very good with the social engineering, i.e. using game design to foster good community behaviour. Usually it goes the other way for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Oh great more pay to win, they might as well sell it from the blizzard shop.
    Wait six months.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

If we are 4 players playing it well and can share that with others - who gives back by having a keystone - WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT?!

Deleted
    They can do it, so why wouldn't they. Better gear = better, easier and faster progression when mythic hits (atlest it helps)
    We are doing it all the time, so many legendaries dropping in these M+ dungeons when you spam them nonstop.
    How about you join their group instead, and get easy loots?