Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Blizzard said you'd have a Legendary by the time raids open, they then retracted that statement.
    They did say if you play a "good amount", which in blizzterms, is like 4hrs/day, cos thats pretty hardcore for them, and understandably so with the duties some people have.

SO yeah, blizz says much, changes even more, and doesnt do most of what they say
    They said most people would have legendaries for the later raids, not this first one.

"The first tier is balanced around most players not having a legendary item.
    Later tiers will be tuned around most players having a legendary item."
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-09-28 at 02:25 AM.

Honestly, I like Legion's legendary system. The pre-MoP system was exciting and meaningful, but only for a few players. The MoP/WoD system was way more inclusive, but it was profoundly less exciting and far more predictable to the point that the concept of "having a legendary" was diminished.

Legion, on the other hand, is the happy compromise. Having one is still meaningful and exciting, but the system is far more accessible and unpredictable. It's undeniable that RNG is the mechanism that makes this possible, but that's really not a terrible price to pay if your chances of getting one are at least somewhat influenced by how you're playing the game. In order of preference, I'd say that I like Legion's system > no legendaries > original system > MoP/WoD's system.

Deleted
    Balancing around rng shit and amazing legs is the most retarded thing Ive heard though.

Having a sephuz, or kalethas bracers is a difference of literally 120k dps

In my guild people with legendaries before the patch has continued get legendaries after the "fix", so they have two legendaries each. So I dont believe blizzard "hotfix" fixed anything, and the drop rate is stiller higher for ppl who already got one legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Because blizzard said so?
    Yes. The rest of your post is just noise.

You think that's RNG, but Blizzard probably banned legendaries for me because of all these posts.

Some people got 2-3 legendaries who were doing mythics with me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Yes. The rest of your post is just noise.
    - Just noise
    - Meaningless
    - RNG is RNG
    I've heard it all, you're just as shallow as the rest who dismiss this possibility just because fanboi much and blizzard said they fixed something they manage to fuck up the first time.

A shaman in my guild just got 2 legendaries from two bosses of the same dungeon (shaladrassil legs and the healing ring). IT IS FIXED BOIS oh wait it isnt.

I'm also starting to believe this is not fixed and it's not working out as it's supposed to.
    I'm playing this game way too much without even being a streamer.
    I'm just a guild leader of semi serious raiding guild.

I am doing it all:
    I did +70 heroics before mythic+'s game out.
    5-10 mythic+'s a day, unless it is a raid day. (10x 5-6 ranks total, rest 2-3x chest runs)
    I did over 40 mythic+'s the first week
    Cleared normal and nearly HC Emerald dream
    have done WQ boxes every day since start
    I'm playing battlegrounds
    I'm playing arena at decently high 2200 rating
    Have done over 3 gold million with professions (if the time invested or anything adds up on that, probably not)

With 15 days /played at 110lvl, I still haven't gotten a single legendary yet.
    Many casual players would never get 15 days played in most cases it would take half of a year to get that many hours played. Yet casuals are really happy with the legendary system because somehow it seems to favor players that don't play that much. But why? Do they deserve higher chance to get it? Do they need the handicap?

But the legendary chance getting higher if you already got one? During my mythic+'s grinding I have met a lot of people with two legendaries, who swear the bug is still there. Even they don't believe it's about luck. DK tank I met few days ago, actually had 2x legendaries dropping the same day. Same god damn day. Lucky? I don't buy it.

A lot of you will just tell me I'm just unlucky. Maybe I am - but what if I'm not and something is broken? Last time it was broken, most of you were just "oh it's just rng, someone will always get lucky" - before blizzard "fixed" it ofcourse.

The first 4 weeks I've only seen one legendary drop (that was in my 30 man raid in HC EN) even though I've done 150 heroics, 60 mythics and 45 mythic+s but in the last 24 hours I've seen 3 legendaries drop in my group doing mythic+ 3 chest runs. Luckily one of them dropped to me but it was the shitty classwide neck on my UH DK. I guess the pity timer is working as intended.

Deleted
    We have a couple of legendaries in our guild, spread across 5 people. The 5th(Who was the first to get one) just got his second. The only 5 with legendaries now all have 2 or 3 each. Something's definitely still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelTM View Post
    We have a couple of legendaries in our guild, spread across 5 people. The 5th(Who was the first to get one) just got his second. The only 5 with legendaries now all have 2 or 3 each. Something's definitely still wrong.
    this, those that never got it still dont get it, those that have it are starting to get their 2nd n 3rd

its so damn unfair theres a big portion of them basically played non stop running dungeons clearing wq's since legion release until now and they didnt get any leg , i doubt the pity timer is working.

ps. i got one myself and i feel filthy because they played so much more than me n definitely deserve legendaries more than me
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-09-28 at 07:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my first legendary from a WQ Cache. I'm only 845 iLevel with the legendary on, and I've not done any mythics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

"RNG is RNG" is such a faulty cop out for engaging in this discussion, it's absurd.

I feel like this issue will only grow louder in the coming days/weeks. Blizzard has to address this again somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to get into this debate, because I understand that anecdotal evidence is just that.

That said, I'm in a moderately competitive guild, we have dozens of very active raiders completing all available content very regularly and thus getting a large number of chances or rolls at legendaries compared to the average player. Out of our 25ish raiders, 8 of them have legendaries, and 7 of those 8 have 2.

25 people
    7 with two legendaries
    1 with one legendary
    17 with no legendaries

Take from that whatever you will. I am not making a claim one way or the other.

Ugh, I hate that I got my legendary on sunday. I just have no time to do anything till the weekend! By that time this will probably be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    I'm not going to get into this debate, because I understand that anecdotal evidence is just that.

That said, I'm in a moderately competitive guild, we have dozens of very active raiders completing all available content very regularly and thus getting a large number of chances or rolls at legendaries compared to the average player. Out of our 25ish raiders, 8 of them have legendaries, and 7 of those 8 have 2.

25 people
    7 with two legendaries
    1 with one legendary
    17 with no legendaries

Take from that whatever you will. I am not making a claim one way or the other.
    Did they have those 2 legendaries each pre fix or post?

Nobody but blizzard truly knows if it's random or not. Both sides of the argument look stupid proclaiming to the heavens that they KNOW one way or the other. None of you know anything because you don't work at blizzard and nobody outside of blizzard could get access to any concrete evidence anyways.

Legendaries seem largely irrelevant anyways since the vast majority of them are terrible and after a month of raiding most people will either have one or won't care.

Grind harder and better. Legendary isnt going to magically cause casuals to take your raid spot, sure they have nice effects but you're all literally stamping your feet in a temper tantrum because someone has a better RNG then you. God forbid any of you played an MMO with actual grind to it.

Legendaries are the worth thing to happen to PvE this expansion so far. This RNG gamble system is not rewarding at all.

I just read a thread on the WoW forums that 19/20 raiders on Midwinter have legendaries and like 25% of them have 2 or more. LOL.

'Move along, nothing to see here!'