Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah it pretty much does, because why take a warlock, when you could take a mage, hunter, dk, monk, who could all do muc hmuch better dps aoe wise, and who cares about bosses in mythic+
    Actually it doesn't but whatever floats your boat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    At the moment, it's just heavily outclassed, however, sims are showing that demo will be the highest single target damage dealer after the patch, but we still retain the problem of being HEAVILY affected by any movement. The best thing to do for now is to learn the fight as well as you can to try to plan around movement so that it minimally interrupts your rotation.
    Got any source for that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Since we're talking about EN and Mythic isn't unlocked yet it's simply also not necessary. On our runs we tend to distribute the damage, so for example on Il'gynoth and Cenarius 1-2 Demon Hunters/MM Hunters/WW Monk can blow the bloods/wisps up in 3 globals.
    As a result I simply don't even bother with AoE on those fights as any AoE from me would just be padding. I focus on taking down priority targets like tentacles/trees with Wreak Havoc, only pumping the occasional shadow burn snipe on the AoE adds, with Wreak Havoc still on a longer-lived add, pretty much just fishing for shards.

If other classes can blow up AoE groups in 3 globals it doesn't mean Locks should also compete on those, it means we should focus on different tasks which line up with where our strengths lie. Again, not talking about Mythic yet as I have no idea how long said AoE adds live on those fights.
    talking about mythic+ as in the dungeons where there is nothing but trash for the whole instance, and you need to end fights as fast as possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

what i try to do i plan my movement around life taps and doom so i get to do something useful while moving.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Its unfortunate that the whole design, nay the whole concept of "demonology" is based upon WOD content that is no longer main feature. All the bosses but 2 in EN require movement and coordination, almost all the dungeon bosses in mythic have mechanics that require you to move out of harm or else your healer is going to scream into the screen.

Jokes aside, Demonology is just like affliction, but rather than dots, they are animated into imps and hounds. While affliction is mobile, and can move without any punishment, Demonology requires you to stand absolutely still, and watch the cooldowns and rotation like they were the gauge to a nuclear power plant, otherwise you will lose 20, even 30 seconds of build up before you start doing optimized dps. Mind that Affliction also require about 25 seconds to reach the peak, but they are not as punished for moving a inch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Overall DPS is extremely low, the fact that elem shaman outdps'd both destros, rogue and mage basically tells it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I think that just says the fire mage has issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Mhmmm... Total DPS of your raid is horrendously low though. He tops the damage meters with 220k on Nythendra, on normal mode... in my raidguild that would be below average DPS, far below DKs, mages, etc. It would've even been 7k below my own DPS as destro on that fight, same ilvl gear...
    Yea, I am glad it's not just me who thinks our dps is under-performing. haha, still he asked for a log with a destro beating mage/hunter/dh and I had one lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Got any source for that?
    Newest simcraft was showing that demo would beat feral (previous #1) by a hair in a patchwerk situation. Apparently that was before they updated arcane which seems to completely overshadow every other spec, but these are early sims and I'd take them with a more than a few grains of salt.
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    Edit: The arcane build shown on this seems to be using a weird, probably unintended playstyle, I doubt it'll make it to live, and if it does, it seems like the kind of thing that would be hotfixed.
    Edit2: Called it 20 minutes early, arcane thing was patched.
    Last edited by Feesh; 2016-09-27 at 02:01 AM. Reason: New info