10+ Year Old Account

[Balance] Emerald Nightmare HC - talent choices and tips and tricks

Hello,
    I am interested in what talents are you using for each encounter in the EN and if anyone has any tips and tricks to share. This week I used the same build on every fight - Starlord, Incarnation, BotA, NB. But here's what I think might be a good talent choice for each fight:

Nythendra - pure ST fight, so I will go with the same build - Starlord, INC, BotA and NB

Ursoc - again pure ST, same build as the Nythendra one

Il'Gynoth - if we go with a just one heart phase (which we will in near future; this reset we managed to burn it to 5% b4 we had to go out) it is best to use the same talents as above, they provide the best burst. We did it with two heart phases though, so for this strat I would suggest going with Flare instead of Inc and with AC instead of BotA. FoE is also a very good choice here if the tank is tanking the big dude near the eyes, don't know if it is worth using on the ichors since they die really fast.

EretsaesaewaRenfjuardja (Spider/Roc boss) - used the ST build here,, don't know if it is worth picking FoE for the spiders that spawnsince they are not an important part of the fight on HC at least, was just Sunfireing them.

Dragons - don't really know what to use here since they are tanked seperately, maybe change INC with Stfl and redot them when switching bosses.

Cenarius - haven't tried it but I think that FoE has a big potential here on the adds, whether it will be a dragon+tree, dargon+sister, 2 sisters and so on... since they are all high HP adds.

Xavius - in this fight the most important part is to burn the boss down when you reach phase 3, so I would recomend going with pure ST build. FoE can be used when the Nightmare add is up so that you can cleave the boss with it, in our case we were even stopping dps , because sometimes we were transitioning with a Nightmare add in p2, which is not a good idea.

Please share your thoughts.

When I was browsing logs this weekend for some HC fights, it seemed that the majority of the higher end parses seemed to roll with the pure ST build on Nythendra and Ursoc (for obvious reasons), but swapped to Shooting Stars over BotA for the other fights but stuck with NB for the 110 talent. Presumably the reasoning was for higher AsP/sec since there's typically 2+ adds present for a decent amount of the fight. I personally stuck with pure ST for all fights but will probably give the ShSt talent a shot this week.

Deleted
    When is stellar flare ever better than incarnation ? hehe.

I am sitting here.. and like I even have 2 of those that increases dot damage when starfall is up but there is not a single fight to use dots+stellar flare + starfall as much as i can compared to just incarnation single target nuke.

I would try it on single target atm.. but its very hard because you know.. there are no dummies that dont get aoe'd ..

Hows the comparison between Incarnation and Soul of the Forest?

Like whats the value of each spec. Time based? Gear based`?

So far with 4/7HM done, my talent choices for the fights have mostly been the pure ST talent build said above, however they changed on certain fights, if not otherwise said, all other talents remained the same as a ST build.
    1. Dragons of Nightmare: Shooting Stars, ~Stellar Flare~
    - Shooting stars on this fight is hugely efficient, not only can you keep both drags multi dotted nearly 100% of the time, when Taerar creates his clones, you can sunfire these as well.
    - Stellar flare requires much more concentration and should only be used if you are having an easy time handling all other fight mechanics and can maintain a high upkeep on both dragons.

2. Ilgynoth: Shooting Stars, Stellar Drift, Typhoon ~Stellar Flare~
    These talents are under the assumption you are doing the boss in 2 sets of the heart phase.
    - Shooting stars again is a must have with all the multi dotting allowed in this fight (be careful not too kill or over damage the ichors out of range)
    - Stellar Drift, this has been a largely controversial talent, but I found it useful for several reason;
    * NB wont be very useful on this fight as few mobs last long enough for it to be efficient
    * With SS, you gain an abundance of AsP, which means that you can quite often cast starfall on 4-5 ichors as well as any tentacles up, this is very helpful when kiting ichors
    - Typhoon, this talent was a huge help when it came to positioning the ichors, it effects ichors that have already died and are mid-exploding, meaning that you can reposition any badly placed ichors.

I'd love to know the iLvl and DPS you guys have going? I'm sitting with 841, but couldn't get above 100k dps during the Il'Gynoth fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

You should be able to get above 100k dps with 800ilvl even on Il'Gynoth honestly. With shooting stars, dotting almost everything, sunfire the blobs when they spawn, massive astral power generation, use that power on well placed starfalls = easy 200k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastho View Post
    You should be able to get above 100k dps with 800ilvl even on Il'Gynoth honestly. With shooting stars, dotting almost everything, sunfire the blobs when they spawn, massive astral power generation, use that power on well placed starfalls = easy 200k dps.
    That's what I would have thought too. But here I am, barely able to push 100k until the heart is exposed.

I do know i have waaaaay to much mastery vrs Haste, guess i just need to keep grinding the loot.

Deleted
    depends on teh fight, i tend to run full ST, but around 260k min at 854

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fR1zP#fight=17 - spiderbird

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...wfR1zP#fight=8 - ursoc

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fR1zP#fight=18 - dragons

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aRXVz2mvG8t3c4Nr - heroic xavius but i got first sleep and full corruption perfectly times with 2nd CDs - only 1 potion used in the fight when we thought it might be a kill

i run single target too on eye, but i died on our heroic kill of it, so my log isnt a good point to show for this. just dot up the big things and single target phase 1, then eye nuke phase 2. if you're going 2 eyes use CDs on pull and second add phase, one eye - on pull and first eye phase - still using SS, although we're 2 phasing heroic so the ads are more important. with 1 eye phase i'd take AC

EDIT: looked back at my normal cenarius kill, i pulled 243k dps with not really knowing the fight, it being disorganised and with way too much movement. i can see that going up to 270-280 with the single target build
    Last edited by mmocc728097c28; 2016-09-27 at 11:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamHealzu View Post
    235k on Il'Gynoth with starfall build (ilvl 849):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    I LOVE Soul of the Forest and Stellar Drift on this fight. So. Much. Starfall/Cleave. It's pretty fun.

Im glad Ill never have to use SotF since I have the ring

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Im glad Ill never have to use SotF since I have the ring
    How are those related? If you mean legendary ring that reduce CA/Incarnation cd when you spend astral power - it works for either CA or Inc, if you chose that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    How are those related? If you mean legendary ring that reduce CA/Incarnation cd when you spend astral power - it works for either CA or Inc, if you chose that talent.
    Yes but with Incarnation being 30 seconds long you get 15 seconds of extra AP generation thus more AP dumps which in turn lowers the CD on incarnation which makes it superior when using the ring in pretty much all scenarios.

can someone post there armory link, well not really armory link since those are still broken.. but stat info, how much haste do u have, crit, mastery , my main issue is haste, crappy drops so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
    depends on teh fight, i tend to run full ST, but around 260k min at 854

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fR1zP#fight=17 - spiderbird

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...wfR1zP#fight=8 - ursoc

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fR1zP#fight=18 - dragons

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aRXVz2mvG8t3c4Nr - heroic xavius but i got first sleep and full corruption perfectly times with 2nd CDs - only 1 potion used in the fight when we thought it might be a kill

i run single target too on eye, but i died on our heroic kill of it, so my log isnt a good point to show for this. just dot up the big things and single target phase 1, then eye nuke phase 2. if you're going 2 eyes use CDs on pull and second add phase, one eye - on pull and first eye phase - still using SS, although we're 2 phasing heroic so the ads are more important. with 1 eye phase i'd take AC

EDIT: looked back at my normal cenarius kill, i pulled 243k dps with not really knowing the fight, it being disorganised and with way too much movement. i can see that going up to 270-280 with the single target build

Nice logs mate, gief me your skills tyvm.

In all the logs, it shows "Shooting Stars" doing very very little dmg. Is there any reason why you are still using it despite the very low dmg?

Im a new balance druid, so forgive me if there is something im missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shooting stars generates more ap per second than bota on 2 targets+
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Nice logs mate, gief me your skills tyvm.

In all the logs, it shows "Shooting Stars" doing very very little dmg. Is there any reason why you are still using it despite the very low dmg?

Im a new balance druid, so forgive me if there is something im missing.

as xtramuscle said, its mainly for Astral power gain, the damage is only a bonus. 4 dots it wins out over the others in the tier, leads to more starsurges and starfalls, which gives even more damage. it also doesn't lose any value when movement is involved, unlike BotA, and the eye fight hasa somewhat of a lot of movement, especially if you get fixated.