Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because I don't give a frakk about the AH game. I have an item I want to sell, the only thing I'm interested in is making some profit, doesn't have to be much. So i put in my item, I let my addon figure out an acceptable undercutting prize and I'm done with it. If the price is too low for you, fine with me, buy it and repost it yourself. As long as I get my gold, I'm happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    Maybe because the mats are so expensive?
    On my server if i sell a flask the mats themselves cost 2k
    So, the mats cost 2k; what do you sell the flask for?

It's ridiculous that mats cost 2k gold for one freaking flask. I have the gold to buy it, but I refuse to spend that much gold on a flask, or potions and food for that matter. I have made nearly 30k gold in Legion thus far, but that would all be gone with three nights of raiding. Fuck that shit.

Let's not forget it's the players that make the mats expensive. We decide the "economy."
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The actual material cost of the flasks is whatever the crystal vial costs to purchase. The herbs can all be farmed up for free. People undercutting by a huge margin are making a fairly large quick profit on their effort. No one is actually spending 2K to buy the mats to make a flask and then selling the flask for 1.8K. Don't be rediculous.
    The material cost is still the cost of the raw mats on the auction house. If you farm an item, that item is not "free" in the auction house equation. You spent time, which is probably worth something, but more importantly you have an item that has a market value. If you farm 200 Starlight Rose but the flask price is cheaper than buying the mats individually, obviously you should simply sell the raw mats for the current price.

10+ Year Old Account
    I undercut all the time. I never put anything up that doesn't undercut. If you don't like it, buy it and relist. I'm not here to play the AH game - all I want is to sell my stuff for a reasonable profit.

I find it very annoying since a long time to see AH full of people undercutting like idiots.

Example: 10 items in Ah. Item A is 5000g, item B is 4999g and then all of a sudden you see one of 4000g and the next 3500g

Why? Half the time the price is just mats cost.
    Is it just people being dumb? They could sell for *lowest priced - 1g* and it would get sold first.
    How is this annoying? Buy the itmes and resell them. It's what pays for my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How is this annoying? Buy the itmes and resell them. It's what pays for my subscription.
    He might be mad if he buys my 1, then I post another 3 cuz lol and if he buys though, now I'm going to bring the market down 20%.

On the flip side, my leatherworker/skinner had harvester enchant for awhile and each bag was worth 2-3K gold. I was posting for them to never come back to my mailbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    "i put stuff at a ridiculous price on the AH but i'm not the retard ! The retards are those who sell it at a lower price !!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my mommy "
    Nice grown up answer. Not.

If by lower price you mean the price of mats themselves, bravo to you. You are one of those people who prolly undercut so much they don't even make a profit at all judging by your answer.

If by lower price you mean the price of mats themselves, bravo to you. You are one of those people who prolly undercut so much they don't even make a profit at all judging by your answer.
    Damn, you got me !

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Some players don't have the patience or time for the AH so they would rather sell something quickly than for maximum profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    The material cost is still the cost of the raw mats on the auction house. If you farm an item, that item is not "free" in the auction house equation. You spent time, which is probably worth something, but more importantly you have an item that has a market value. If you farm 200 Starlight Rose but the flask price is cheaper than buying the mats individually, obviously you should simply sell the raw mats for the current price.
    Of course the mats they farm up and the time they used on it are worth something to them... the price they listed the flask at. Obviously people value their time and effort at different rates, and obviously some people see charging an inordinate amount for something that has a one time use as ridiculous. Not everyone is a millionaire in gold, and that's typically where the buyers are at. Millionaires would likely have alts make their items or guildmates or friends, or they'd buy at whatever rate was cheapest on AH anyways, marketing to them is pointless.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Deleted
    Welcome to free market

I used to sell items much cheaper than the 1c undercutting plebs even when I actually bothered with proffessions back in WotLK. I still made a lot of money, more than I ever needed for my raiding purposes, and more importantly, my auctions actually sold. Thanks for calling my type of people retards, though, I'll sleep better knowing I'd been making AH heroes mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Some people only care about making a little profit or don't like fucking people over with ridiculous prices. Are you the same guy that bitches when people craft stuff for others for free if they have their own mats?

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    But the starlight rose cost me nothing so it is free. It doesn't matter if I could sell it for more or not it still didn't cost me anything to farm those mats and sell the flask for the amount I did. The only reason to get annoyed that people are undercutting so much is because you are enjoying the inflated cost we are currently experiencing and you don't want the price to come down. That is your problem, not the other sellers.

- - - Updated - - -

People use their own mats so the cost to make a flask is literally 20 copper. Anything above that is profit.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If in the real world you had 3 companies who sells at 1000, 990 and 980 and you come along and sell it at 800 you would be ridiculed. Sell at 970 and you will sell first
    Except the company selling at 800 has found a cheaper way to manufacture what they are selling. Why would they be ridiculed?

I like to undercut by a lot just so they will buy up what I posted. Then I'll post even more! Eventually I will just dump 100s of that item till they get so demoralized they never try to encroach on my territory again.

Maybe because the mats are so expensive?
    On my server if i sell a flask the mats themselves cost 2k
    What happens, along comes an idiot and posts flask at 1900g while the other flasks around 3000g. Everyone else then posts flasks below 1900g.

Calling the Ah in a game an economy is silly. Its so extremely basic compared to real life.

Here you have people saying if i list low it gets sold fast. If in the real world you had 3 companies who sells at 1000, 990 and 980 and you come along and sell it at 800 you would be ridiculed. Sell at 970 and you will sell first

Yet in-game that simple rule people can't comprehend. The people putting up items at mat cost is just plain stupid.
    Except this is exactly what China has done... they come in with a product 20% cheaper and they grab the market share... the only people who ridicule them were the inefficient companies who couldn't compete

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    Just buyout the lowballs and repost it at your price. It's how most profit on AH is made. Retards exist so smart people can profit off of them.
    I disagree with the choice of words, but agree to some extent with the message or sentiment.
    The actions of the majority open up opportunities for the minority, and are why those opportunities exist.
    Farming for instance in a given location only works if most aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I find it very annoying since a long time to see AH full of people undercutting like idiots.

Why? Half the time the price is just mats cost.
    Is it just people being dumb? They could sell for *lowest priced - 1g* and it would get sold first.
    Some people sell to sell stuff. Other people "Play the AH to make max Max profits and say "Oooh look at me I have 10 million gold!"

I love getting hate whispers from you annoyed people because I'm not selling at whatever price some website tells you to sell at. "OMG you didn't undercut by 1 copper OMG!!!!" gives me a woody!

It seems they were successful at what they were trying to do, annoying you. It's the only way to sell something asap competing with AH campers.