Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mythic+ dungeons are amazing!

Anyone else who think mythic+ is the best content Blizzard added to the game in a long time? Mythic+ dungeons feel like greater rifts in Diablo, they are grindy, but also reward proper focus and play. They feel somewhat like greater rifts in Diablo, where you keep improving and grinding untill you really are like 'wow we're really owning this shit guys'. I really love the titanforged system where there is a low chance to be rewarded with something amazing. It just feels really good and the repeatability is so high. We've been running +10 which is extremely challenging, +2 which is an awesome aoe fest to maximise the speed and +4 which seems to be the sweetspot for us to get 3 chests reliably while boosting a random guy. The interaction with the random guys you boost is also nice, often you have this guy saying 'wow you guys are nuts' when you just pulled the entirety of the trash towards the first boss on nelts lair or maw of souls and aoed it down with 3mil dps on your meters. I really havn't had this much fun in wow for a long time!

I'm enjoying it as much as I expected to - which is to say more than raids so far. Due to always going in with different comps you keep figuring different ways to handle challenging parts, and the system rewards running people through who normally wouldn't get a group.

Skittish was a little disappointing as an affix (I was expecting more chaos) but teeming can create some challenging packs and funny scenes - like the giant sitting in the cave in Eye of Azshara getting a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Its actually the very first time in a long time that u can do something challenging outside of raids that also gives you a reward (besides from stylegear, archivments or mounts).

I have to say i LOVE it, its really great fun.

I have a feeling that now that 5-man dungeons actually have a progression path that we'll be seeing a lot more of them this expansion. Or so I hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    and the system rewards running people through who normally wouldn't get a group.
    What do you mean by that? I still haven't totally got to grips with it or had much time for M+ yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbinge View Post
    What do you mean by that? I still haven't totally got to grips with it or had much time for M+ yet.
    He means that you will see people actively seeking out people to boost so that they get more loot themselves for the runs. I see lots of people advertising runs to be carried through M+ as long as you provide the keystone.

Deleted
    I love it but what I dont like so much is that

1. progression again is tied to mass pulling and AoE'ing. I'd prefer if you could do it with a careful tactical approach as well. I would not mind if they got rid off the timer.. Sure give a bonus for fast times but the depletion of the keystone and not ranking it up is unnecessary and prevents you to play "any composition".

2. progression is pay to win - flasks and potions are un-affordable to many players that want to do myth+. Players that just returned or never invested so much time beforehand to get rich in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    2. progression is pay to win - flasks and potions are un-affordable to many players that want to do myth+. Players that just returned or never invested so much time beforehand to get rich in wow.
    To get the loot level of progression you don't need potions or flasks. Artifact skins? Well for now I guess. Not that you can use the skin anyway yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

ever since they introduced mythic dungeons on Wod they been my primary activity. so im not new to this progression path.

they took all the things that worked with wod mythic dungeons and built upon it. so i don't agree with the Grift comparison, the mythic + system is akin to the HFC period of WoD mythics where people would do them over and over and get a +5 ilvl upgrade per week plus a +3 o +6 to their ring ilvl

sounds boring when you read it like this, but once it becomes part of your routine its pretty fun an you get to know all sorts of people, by the end of WoD i was ilvl 734,had a pretty active flist and never even stepped into HFC normal.

its just an alternative way to play.

as far as a progression path goes, it is slower, but its constant.

using flasks and food buffs and other cheese strats is for the dudes who want to push the limits, if you feel that doing so is too expensive or complicated then guess what, you though you were hardcore, but you are not. you are a casual just like us.

there's NO need to do any of that, not at all. all you have to do is do runs, and get to know people, and have fun doing it. and eventually you'll get better gear, and have more fun. eventually you will find yourself doing the exhausted keys even when you know you cant beat them... and one day you'll find that your group got good enough that you can progress by skill alone not only with ilvl.

I agree, Mythic+'s have been a wonderful addition to this expansion.

Those + raiding + WQ's + Surmar, so much content!

Maybe I'm just a baddie (likely) but Bolster is cancer.

I absolutely love it. As a healer its really stressful if I don't do it with guildies though. Some groups think they have the dps to pull many trash mobs but they don't and they end up getting 2 shot. Good groups don't do that though so I was able to do pretty good this week.

I just dislike groups that overestimate themselves and pull too much because those groups usually have people that don't move out of shit which is annoying. Did HoV +5 yesterday and one guy stood on top of me as the healer with the debuff that the adds give you which stuns you after a few seconds and deals a lot of AoE damage. It was ridiculous. We could've made the timer too if people didn't keep dieing on Odyn from the sword shit.

Overall though I love it. Really fun.

My only grip is that balance shifts towards the trash being the most important part of the run. I understand trash has always been a core component of dungeons but I always liked when the oomph so to speak was on the bosses.

Deleted
    Yes ! I really love 'em too.

I hope they increase the cap in the future to make really really hard ones possible

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like it, aside from having to fill the bar to 100% by killing trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    I like it, aside from having to fill the bar to 100% by killing trash.
    Trash is harder than bosses and actually feel like they take more thought to clear than bosses themselves until Tyrannical is a thing.

Unless you're a boomie,feral,lock, shadow priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones I've done so far are great. Even though we have a fixed group and haven't really tried to push for the sake of pushing, you can definitly see how it becomes harder.

As for the fast speed you need, I would love to see an Affix that adds maybe 10-20 minutes (depending on the dungeon) and instead gives various buffs/skills, so you need to CC. Could be a new +10 Affix, since there are only 2 so far. Stuff like "Takes 90% reduced damage from AoE effects." or "Can't be interrupted." The system is still new and there is room for more affixes or maybe even "varied" dungeons, where the trash itself is more akin to TBC trash with really large groups or just extremely deadly enemies within the groups, so you should CC.

Deleted
    I don't share quite the same enthusiasm as everyone here. I'm a medium quality damage dealer compared to everyone in my guild which means all the high damage dealers group together exclusively (getting the best loot in the process) which everyone else might have to PUG. A rich get richer system if you will.