Deleted

Bursting shot PvE issue

Hello

Bursting shot is useless PvE ability unless you have legendary which increast its dmg by 800%. Since then it nice AOE dmg boost + interupt and even Binding shot trigger in mythics and M+.

BUT there is one issue with this ability. And that is it also dispel targets every friendly DoT effect when disorienting which make it total useless again. Unless your entire party isnt using any dots.

I think it needs glyph which removes disorient from this ability or atleast that dispel effect to make it little usefull even with legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Hello

Bursting shot is useless PvE ability unless you have legendary which increast its dmg by 800%. Since then it nice AOE dmg boost + interupt and even Binding shot trigger in mythics and M+.

BUT there is one issue with this ability. And that is it also dispel targets every friendly DoT effect when disorienting which make it total useless again. Unless your entire party isnt using any dots.

I think it needs glyph which removes disorient from this ability or at least that dispel effect to make it little usefull even with legendary.
    You seem to be complaining about it working as intended.

Bursting shot's use in PVE is as an interrupt and stun, not a damaging ability. It isn't supposed to be part of your damage rotation, unless you do have that legendary. You use it to gain some breathing room or to slow down mobs so you can move away from them. It might as well not have a damage component. It can be used to finish off low health mobs however as it is an instant cast with a fairly minimal focus cost.

I hadn't realized it removed the DoT effects though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    You seem to be complaining about it working as intended.

I hadn't realized it removed the DoT effects though.
    And that is the main issue. I know it suppose to do that. but there should be way to cancel this so your mages, DKs, druids etc doesnt have to apply all dots again. well they wont because u cant use that ability even with legendary.

And that is the main issue. I know it suppose to do that. but there should be way to cancel this so your mages, DKs, druids etc doesnt have to apply all dots again. well they wont because u cant use that ability even with legendary.
    I am fairly certain, it really isn't intended for use as a raiding ability or even for use in dungeons.

It doesn't even have a stun/interrupt effect on more than half the stuff in them. IME, it doesn't work on most creatures larger than a normal humanoid, which excludes all but the weakest trash.

Really it's for when you are soloing stuff.

If you want a stun for CC, that's binding shot. There aren't really any options for other interrupts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    I am fairly certain, it really isn't intended for use as a raiding ability or even for use in dungeons.

It doesn't even have a stun/interrupt effect on more than half the stuff in them. IME, it doesn't work on most creatures larger than a normal humanoid, which excludes all but the weakest trash.

Really it's for when you are soloing stuff.

If you want a stun for CC, that's binding shot. There aren't really any options for other interrupts though.
    So youre saying we shouldnt mind receiving the worst legendary in the game which actually has some potential if there'd be a glyph to remove the cc from the ability.
    Just because it "works as intended" does not mean it works well, and that we shouldnt ask for an improvement

Hunters kinda get screwed with CC and defensive CDs and we always have. Our defensive cds prevent us from attacking (turtle/deterrence) while other classes can dps through theirs like pally bubble. Our CCs (bursting shot, scatter shot, ice trap) break as soon as the mob takes damage while rogues, mages, priests, pallies (again), warriors and other classes can dps their targets while they are CCd. Now that our kits have been slashed to bare bones, and most of us aren't using pets (talking MM since Bursting Shot), we should be as capable as other classes to dps while using our utility CDs.