using SSD and HDD together question

Hi, I am new to this whole thing.

I have a 126 SSD and a 1TB HDD. I originally just put all i had on the SSD but obviously this quickly turned against me so I need to put things over to my HDD.

I originally thought I could just move the files over, but this didnt seem to work as when i opened Bnet it said that warcraft wasnt installed.

very new to this, would very appreciate instructions for how to set this up, thanks =]

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    Hi, I am new to this whole thing.

I have a 126 SSD and a 1TB HDD. I originally just put all i had on the SSD but obviously this quickly turned against me so I need to put things over to my HDD.

I originally thought I could just move the files over, but this didnt seem to work as when i opened Bnet it said that warcraft wasnt installed.

very new to this, would very appreciate instructions for how to set this up, thanks =]
    just click install, and select folder where ever your WoW actually is now, install will complete immediately, without downloading anything.

When I moved WoW from my HDD to my SSD the bnet launcher told me it couldn't find the game but that I could click on "locate game". I did that and everything worked fine, so I imagine it's the same thing for you.
    I just copy-pasted the whole WoW-folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

thanks for the replies

one last thing.

my HDD doesn't have any folders or anything, its blank. Do I need to create a folder to install/move WoW into? and if I do, does the name of the folder matter?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    thanks for the replies

one last thing.

my HDD doesn't have any folders or anything, its blank. Do I need to create a folder to install/move WoW into? and if I do, does the name of the folder matter?
    Don't move WoW to the HDD. Move anything and everything else that you can. SSD should be for OS and Game you play, HDD for everything else. If you move WoW to the HDD, you are not getting half the benefit of having an SSD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, is spending ~$50 on a 350gb ssd out of the question? They run about 80 now and you can sell the 128 for 30.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Besides what chazus said, I'd say keep WoW on the SSD.

What else is on there?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water