Leveling as brewmaster yay or ney

yay or ney thoughts below.

I never liked WW in the past, but I know they have went through allot of changes. But is leveling as BrM viable or should I cut my losses and go WW to level ?

If leveling as BrM is fine any recommended talents for leveling ?

Thanks for your time

Deleted
    I leveled as a brewmaster, definitely viable and fun. Just load up 4-5 mobs at the same time every time you need to kill something.

Deleted
    I leveled as BRM and it was fine, especially fun in areas where you can pull a ton of mobs at once.

Talentwise I would recommend rushing jade wind (you wont be needing to use your brews almost ever making special delivery awkward) and blackout combo for those harder hitting tiger palms. The rest doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    WW can pull at ton of mobs as well and kill them faster, there is no reason not to go WW. The artifact spells is more satisfying to press as well. Even post nerf it annihilates packs.

I leveled solely as BrM and I suggest going WW. BrM is fun and easy, but WW can pull just as much, but burst things down much quicker.

Deleted
    Monk is the only class I'd recommend a DPS spec over tank for leveling. I did BrM in beta, WW on live. I'd recommend WW over BrM every time. The damage is better, mobility is better, self sustain is better (due to afterlife) and you don't have to wait for 10 seconds for stagger to expire before clicking quest items. The only thing BrM has going for it is its slightly easier to group up the mobs to AoE if you run Dave (statue) as a talent.

leveling speed: ww is probably 2x as fast since you literally 1 shot entire packs of mobs and then heal back to full instantly from passive
    artifact power: all the power is in consumables so you don't lose any power at all questing in a different spec. I main mw and leveled as ww with no problems.
    training: you don't learn much leveling but you do get familiar with your abilities more. So not a bad choice if your new to the spec
    immersion: hey your a brewmaster, not some sniveling windy haired butt head. I'll drink what i want and level as I want. go for it.

Oh ya leveling as a tank is the way to go unless you are bis geared from hfc. You can really make use of the shared tag systems
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I leveled as a BRM and switched in-between with ww for comparison.

Overall I'd say ney, mainly use ww and switch to brm when facing tougher enemies particularly if you can't use afterlife or have healing karma.

Brm is not comparable in terms of solo activity with other tanks until you get OB and even then it still feels lackluster especially because its not in our baseline toolkit.

The main advantages of ww is how quick it is in demolishing packs and you're sustained by afterlife heals. The risk however is that you're quite squishy and can get burned down if your defensive CD aren't ready. Brm is far tougher but also far slower and suffers from down-time until you get OB from which you are near immortal as long you're in a corner and don't spike too much. Not being able to remove stagger instantly which can interfere with quest-related interactions and mounting on the water-walking steed is also a pain in the ass as a Brm.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2016-09-26 at 10:25 PM.

I'm levelling as MW at the moment. The damage isn't as good, but it's still decent. It's pretty quick though, as there's no resource costs for spells, so you can just spam some of them over and over, for example, clear out an area just running round spamming spinning crane kick. If you get into trouble, you've got healing to get through pretty much anything.

I'd say nay if you care about efficiency. BM isn't as great as other tank specs for this kind of stuff.

I leveled as WW, and it went perfectly smoothly, can burn through mobs quick and Afterlife makes it so you rarely have any downtime, however now at 110 I tend to do the bulk of my World Quests as BrM, as with Obstinate Determination it's near impossible to kill but you do sacrifice a lot in damage output

I tried leveling as WW and often died to overpulls while leveling but I also had a leveling partner contribute to that so brewmaster was absolute best in my situation. While solo though, especially on questing, I go WW all the way. Fast targeted kills and movement speed. Packs die fast so long as you don't over pull and die which is a non-issue with a moderate amount of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as a BrM, was able to solo group quest mobs no problem. The DPS is lower than WW, but you'll be able to do harder quests solo.

After the 10% nerf, I just stick with my WW while doing WQs though. I only switch to BrM or MW when it's an epic EQ that requires a tank or healer.

Edit: The one thing that annoyed THE EVER LIVING SHIT out of me while leveling as a BrM is the stagger DoT ticks. The ticks WILL interrupt some quest channel abilities and it WILL cause your water strider mount to drop down into water causing you to have to wait until stagger dot comes off before summoning mount again if you want to use it for water walking... VERY annoying. It also interrupts fishing casts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syri79 View Post
    I'm levelling as MW at the moment. The damage isn't as good, but it's still decent. It's pretty quick though, as there's no resource costs for spells, so you can just spam some of them over and over, for example, clear out an area just running round spamming spinning crane kick. If you get into trouble, you've got healing to get through pretty much anything.
    I'd say MW is actually better than BrM in single target damage. However, BrM is much better with 2+ targets, so you can pull everything within a 40 yard radius and smash them to bits.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama