BM hunter exotic pets - maximizing trash DPS in Mythics

Hi Guys,

Quick one that someone probably has worked out but couldn't find a recent thread for it.

Is Worm burrow or Chimera frost breath the way to go to maximize trash dps ? Is there much in it say compared to a regular pet ?

Also, with upcoming Bestial Wrath buff.. will Blink Strikes still be highest trash pack dps (by beast cleave buff) ? What is the best option for a quick mythic clear for an average dungeon ?

Also, same question applies for Stampede tier.. which is the highest overall dungeon dps ? / i.e., best choice for a Mythic+ ?

Thanks

1. Worm and Chimera AoE abilities haven't been effective since Cataclysm if I recall. Zero point in using them anymore.

2. No idea, but potentially.

3. I would say Stampede is your best bet when you find consistently ideal times to use it in Mythic+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryblak View Post
    Hi Guys,

Quick one that someone probably has worked out but couldn't find a recent thread for it.

Is Worm burrow or Chimera frost breath the way to go to maximize trash dps ? Is there much in it say compared to a regular pet ?
    I wouldn't bother. Another battle res or Bloodlust if your group doesn't have it is going to be FAR more useful than the absolutely teeny tiny miniscule DPS that those abilities do. In fact I'm sure I've read somewhere that they end up doing less DPS as they have a cast time and it's less time spent auto attacking so less beast cleave... Or something, I've not tried em but yeah, not really worth it.

Don't ever use the aoe abilities of those pets. When they're using those abilities, they don't Beast Cleave, meaning bye-bye aoe numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    Don't ever use the aoe abilities of those pets. When they're using those abilities, they don't Beast Cleave, meaning bye-bye aoe numbers.
    This. Those abilities are channeled and don't do nearly enough damage to compete with standard Beast Cleave, auto-attacks, and KC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chimera has some usefullness but not in pve.
    Its really good at getting stealthed targets out just spam move orders with the breath on, with dash aswell it gets pretty effective.
    Can also use it to block of areas (setting up a gauntlet in wsg, just park it in the tunnel below and flare it up).
    And ofc just interupting caps, breath easily interupts everyone near it, so both you and the pet has to be chain cced for a ninjacap to be possible.
    Can also troll abit by defending at a distance; breath the flag, ress it, send it in again, repeat.
    But yea rbgs mostly or if you want to tryhard in regular bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both pets' AoE ability are channeled, so they don't auto attack or Beast Cleave, that's why it's a DPS loss. A rez, lust, or SB (for the minor heal) are most likely your best bet.