Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP towers now have an 18 hour reset

Why are these STILL being nerfed?
    I got honor 50 ages ago, and will never prestige until 7.1, but wow. Can they stop already?

I don't know what it's like on other servers, but on Stormrage we're 99% one faction. The towers are basically just normal quests, and I've never even seen an enemy player defending them. As far as I'm concerned they should just be on the same reset timer as normal WQs.

Maybe someone from a server with equally balanced factions can tell us if it's different there?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't know what it's like on other servers, but on Stormrage we're 99% one faction. The towers are basically just normal quests, and I've never even seen an enemy player defending them. As far as I'm concerned they should just be on the same reset timer as normal WQs.

Maybe someone from a server with equally balanced factions can tell us if it's different there?
    Even on more balanced servers you'll never see anyone defending them because there's no benefit to defending them. It only shows up as a WQ for the faction that doesn't own the tower.

The towers are basically a PVE quest that grants honor, the only real PVP world quests are the free-for-all zones. They need to be redesigned so that the defending faction has a reason to show up.

I know if I was going to be delayed one second by defenders I wouldn't step close to those towers. They have nice AP rewards, but they would be instantly not worth it if it takes 30 minutes to complete because of defenders.

Wait...your supposed to defend these things? I just have to shake my head at Blizzard when they keep trying to implement world pvp stuff. Even back in the day when factions were semi balanced on a server they didn't work. In 2016 when every server is either an Alliance or Horde server there is no point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawken View Post
    I know if I was going to be delayed one second by defenders I wouldn't step close to those towers. They have nice AP rewards, but they would be instantly not worth it if it takes 30 minutes to complete because of defenders.
    It's a world quest that gives honor, though. It's obviously supposed to be a PVP quest because you get credit for killing enemy players, if you don't want to do the quest because you don't want to PVP then that is a system working as intended.

Let's just review Warden Towers since launch.
    This is how many days it'll take to reach P13 for the final Artifact Skin. Based on a previous rate of 9 per day.

Launch: 241
    Nerf 1: 481
    Today: 1,444

Four years... aka, Warden Towers might as well no longer exist.
    Last edited by Kelathos; 2016-09-26 at 08:34 PM.

Once again no one gives a fuck about pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Once again no one gives a fuck about pvp
    The PvP, no, but I rather liked the Bear skins it has locked away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    This is how many days it'll take to reach P13 for the final Artifact Skin. Based on a previous rate of 9 per day.

Ouch, that's rough indeed.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Good thing there are other forms of pvp
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    It's a world quest that gives honor, though. It's obviously supposed to be a PVP quest because you get credit for killing enemy players, if you don't want to do the quest because you don't want to PVP then that is a system working as intended.
    I am not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying from a PvE perspective, wouldn't go close if there would be other players there.

I dont understand why people think they should get a pvp reward for not pvping? Go play bgs or skirms, or do rated stuff. You'll get tons of honor.

10+ Year Old Account

Waaaah I have to pvp to get the pvp artifact skins.

This is all I hear. They're a pvp related reward, being able to get it in any way shape or form without doing any pvp is pretty stupid, now towers are just a thing to help you along the way instead of being the main form of farming honor and getting pvp rewards without pvping faster than people who are pvping for rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawken View Post
    I am not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying from a PvE perspective, wouldn't go close if there would be other players there.
    Yup because most people on PvE servers don't want world PvP. I've done one or two, the only other person I saw was an alliance character. Frankly not real sure why they didn't just make them be a straight PvE format based around the battles going on in the zone. They at least then would see more use. On a PvP server you could give some form of an incentive to participate in world PvP, but on PvE servers no one cares about world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yup because most people on PvE servers don't want world PvP. I've done one or two, the only other person I saw was an alliance character. Frankly not real sure why they didn't just make them be a straight PvE format based around the battles going on in the zone. They at least then would see more use. On a PvP server you could give some form of an incentive to participate in world PvP, but on PvE servers no one cares about world PvP.
    Right. I am on a PvE server because I have never experienced world PvP that was anything close to a even match. It is always some form of ganking. Just a personal preference thing for me as I have never really liked PvP. But they give higher AP rewards than the regular world quests, so you kind of feel obligated to go do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    blizzard has effectively killed unrated pvp this season and then some judging from the extremely low participation in the rated battlegrounds. Titanforged (if lucky) from winning first rbg of the season: 850. Effort required: make or find group, wait for group to form, get on TS, interact with complete strangers, probably lose a couple of games before you win one, etc. time required around 1-2 hours minimum more often than not 3+ hours

Warden quest: idling in my bed with mobile app. WQ pops and omg its 840 legs. Log in wow fly stormheim (max distance) : 2 min. Faceroll quest: 3-5 min. Then you pick the gear that has equal chance to be 850.

So now all we have to RBG with is the dedicated few and so instead of having a healthy poll of players in guessing HOTA this season will end up being decided at around 2.1-2.2 max and probably even less.

Very bad design and nerfing the towers to the point of being uninteresting quests is a fail. They could remove honor altogether keep the pvp reward and make an attacker vs defender scenario with fewer or no npc at all and let players fight it out.

Mini winter grasps or mini tol barads could take place at towers.
    RBGs are only dead because to get hero you needed a booter or a kickbot/lockbot. There was no incentive because Blizzard let this BS go on for so long lol

On top of that, only 3s gives you a mount and the gladiator title is more well known than the hero title as a show of skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacpierre View Post
    I dont understand why people think they should get a pvp reward for not pvping? Go play bgs or skirms, or do rated stuff. You'll get tons of honor.
    Tons? Eh no.

But, but, it was flying that killed world PvP and now with that gone, it should be teeming with enemy players! Especially in an area like that, where PvP players are guaranteed to be. Or, maybe world PvP is dead because almost nobody likes it? No, that can't be it. It has to be flying!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Tons? Eh no.
    You get over 100 honor for a skirmish win. Compare that to a world quest and yea, it's tons.