Wasn't he just the bees knees?

Who? Bees don't have knees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Who? Bees don't have knees.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/baadsBpghszHq/giphy.gif

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    When are they going to remake night rider and Quantum Leap. Come on might as well have a whole 80s line up no one will watch. Cgi ALF anyone?
    They did a Night Rider reboot a few years back. Quantum Leap would be interesting, but they'd really have to find someone with the same charisma as Bacula.

I watched the MacGyver pilot yesterday, I'm up in the air, so I'll give it another episode or two.

Deleted
    ill give it the usual 3 - 4 episodes to get settled and develop a story arch, but so far from what I seen of the first episode, it is cheesy as fuck, and I doubt will last more than a season or two at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    When are they going to remake night rider and Quantum Leap. Come on might as well have a whole 80s line up no one will watch. Cgi ALF anyone?

Oh man, Knight Rider remake would just never be the same. Where can you get a new Hasslehoff and talking car these days.

Deleted
    Anyone who loved MacGyver back in the late 80s, early 90s, for what it was; the MacGyver tricks which were at least somewhat made to look like they might actually work, Mac's calm narration, Pete being the jolly elder (bald) gentleman, Jack Dalton, Murdoc, the 80s-style music which made even the more action-y scenes feel kind of delightful...can't not think this reboot, at least the pilot, was complete BS.

Here's a great article about it: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...f9912f235eae80
    MacGyver reboot is more like a pre-pubescent Bond
    Exactly.

The original MacGyver, 7.7/10 IMDb. This remake? Debuts in at 4.6/10 IMDb, 21% Rotten. Yeah, apparently it had a lot of viewers for the pilot, but that's understandable; people didn't know how much it sucks yet. Now they do. Just watch it's numbers drop and it'll get cancelled pretty damn quick.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Oh man, Knight Rider remake would just never be the same. Where can you get a new Hasslehoff and talking car these days.
    Prepare to be horrified:

This garbage managed to run for 17 episodes and a TV movie before it was buried somewhere deep.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-26 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    They did a Night Rider reboot a few years back. Quantum Leap would be interesting, but they'd really have to find someone with the same charisma as Bacula.

I watched the MacGyver pilot yesterday, I'm up in the air, so I'll give it another episode or two.
    Of all the shows that nobody watched, Quantum Leap has to be one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Anyone who loved MacGyver back in the late 80s, early 90s, for what it was; the MacGyver tricks which were at least somewhat made to look like they might actually work, Mac's calm narration, Pete being the jolly elder (bald) gentleman, Jack Dalton, Murdoc, the 80s-style music which made even the more action-y scenes feel kind of delightful...can't not think this reboot, at least the pilot, was complete BS.

Here's a great article about it: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...f9912f235eae80

Exactly.

The original MacGyver, 7.7/10 IMDb. This remake? Debuts in at 4.6/10 IMDb, 21% Rotten. Yeah, apparently it had a lot of viewers for the pilot, but that's understandable; people didn't know how much it sucks yet. Now they do. Just watch it's numbers drop and it'll get cancelled pretty damn quick.

Prepare to be horrified:

This garbage managed to run for 17 episodes and a TV movie before it was buried somewhere deep.
    You can't look at the rating of an older show now and compare it to a new show as quite often it gets the nostalgia vote. Plus there is the fact that a lot of movies and such were flops when they released but are now considered classics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Exactly.

Prepare to be horrified:

I am truely horrified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    You can't look at the rating of an older show now and compare it to a new show as quite often it gets the nostalgia vote. Plus there is the fact that a lot of movies and such were flops when they released but are now considered classics.
    OK. This new show is garbage, in my personal opinion, as well as in the opinion of pretty much everyone who has written articles about it, or rated it anywhere. Sure, we can wait 10 years and see if it becomes a classic. Let's do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a tv season full of reboots and time travel, i wouldn't be surprised if McGuyver 2.0 fails miserably.

The simple fact is this kid doesn't have RDA's charm or charisma.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    #1 MacGyver in the 80ies is a classic
    #2 This new CRAP called MacGyver is a mini James Bond with a female arch nemesis...... and will tank HARD

Never cared for MacGyver in the 80s. I like RDA, but the show was pretty dumb back then too. My mom liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Of all the shows that nobody watched, Quantum Leap has to be one of the best.
    I have bad memory, was Quantum Leap that show about a guy who hopped between bodies and time periods and solved that person's problems?

Also this whole thing about a prepubescent MacGyver sounds familiar, wasn't this announced quite a while ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    I have bad memory, was Quantum Leap that show about a guy who hopped between bodies and time periods and solved that person's problems?

Also this whole thing about a prepubescent MacGyver sounds familiar, wasn't this announced quite a while ago?
    Yeah that was Quantum Leap

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    After the garbage Ghostbusters reboot, I have gone beyond losing faith in Hollywood, to the point of finding them disgusting. The pilot for MacGyver lived up to that disgust.

Oh, the reboots aren't over either, well this is more of a sequel, they are currently working on bringing back Magnum PI. This time Magnum will be Lily Magnum, who was briefly introduced as his daughter in season 2.

No mullet, no cheesy 80s music. Not watching this shit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Are you telling me it is not professional up front with party in the back?!?