Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs down Why Emissary Chests reward lower ilevel gear than World Quests?!

This is not a doom and gloom post, I'm loving Legion so far - especially comparing it to the poo of Warlords of Draenor.

But I can't help to wonder:

What logic did designers/devs apply when giving us World Quest rewards scaling based on our ilevel (awesome!), while the "end goal" of completing 4 of them gives us a chest with an ilevel 805 piece, while I'm well into Heroic ilevel range on my toon??

Really hope it's an oversight that's easily fixed by them updating Excel spreadsheet somewhere.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

I actually have no idea either, someone in the design team who suggested this does not actually play the game.... lol I can only think that they replaced gold with this trash so it reduces inflation, because the chests would sometimes give 800-1000 gold

Deleted
    I don't understand this either and I think this needs to be corrected. The only viable thing this chest could drop right now is a legendary and I'm all out of luck...
    Doing WQ for rep and ressources is fine, but those 805 items, especially when they get upgradet to 810, feel like a slap in the face after doing wardens for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    the gear was suppose to drop from day one but dident for some reason, its mostly suppose to be for jhust spare gold or chance at warforged
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    It should really be the thing, which gives you scaled items The WQs should all be limited to 830 or 835 with dungeons being increased for mythic, but the caches should really give more rewarding items. Atm, the only reason why people are doing it, is because we are promised legendaries at some point in them. I would understand if people, who have gotten all their good legendaries would start not giving a shit about the caches
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It should really be the thing, which gives you scaled items The WQs should all be limited to 830 or 835 with dungeons being increased for mythic, but the caches should really give more rewarding items. Atm, the only reason why people are doing it, is because we are promised legendaries at some point in them. I would understand if people, who have gotten all their good legendaries would start not giving a shit about the caches
    ocne youve got the legendaries you want, and all the reps exalted, other then some gold and AP, there is no reason to do em

Some of the caches have things in them other than gear and AP. The Kirin Tor one for example can have the quest item to get the Khadgar's head bubble.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ocne youve got the legendaries you want, and all the reps exalted, other then some gold and AP, there is no reason to do em
    Well the AP, Gold and Resourses are not really that good either. If you can only do 5 WQs a day, then you could proberly get more by mixing between the zones instead of just focusing on the cache missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    Some of the caches have things in them other than gear and AP. The Kirin Tor one for example can have the quest item to get the Khadgar's head bubble.
    Uhh well aint that amazing xD Its not a very big reward when it is really supposed to be your daily focus
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the AP, Gold and Resourses are not really that good either. If you can only do 5 WQs a day, then you could proberly get more by mixing between the zones instead of just focusing on the cache missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh well aint that amazing xD Its not a very big reward when it is really supposed to be your daily focus
    idk it gives more then any world quest ive seen, and if your able to do 4 world quests in a zone that grant AP why not get the extra

Yeah its seems stupid considering you only get one a day and unless the only thing you do is do the world quests for the chest, your going to outgear the crap in it in a day or 2.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    honestly it makes no sense, it should scale with your item level just like the world quests do. Its an oversight that probably wont be addressed until 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    This is not a doom and gloom post, I'm loving Legion so far - especially comparing it to the poo of Warlords of Draenor.

But I can't help to wonder:

What logic did designers/devs apply when giving us World Quest rewards scaling based on our ilevel (awesome!), while the "end goal" of completing 4 of them gives us a chest with an ilevel 805 piece, while I'm well into Heroic ilevel range on my toon??

Really hope it's an oversight that's easily fixed by them updating Excel spreadsheet somewhere.
    It feels bad every time I open an emissary chest cause I know I'm going to get some crappy blue item 50 item levels lower than what I am wearing.

should scale with rep at lest
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    It feels bad every time I open an emissary chest cause I know I'm going to get some crappy blue item 50 item levels lower than what I am wearing.
    lol same.
    Though today I had higher hopes than usual after a friend of mine with his 1d8h /played at 110 (I'm at 7d10h) got his second legendary today, both from emissary chest.
    I got a great blue item 30 ilvls lower than what I had though.

Yeah, I don't get it.

I like cuafpr's idea of making them scale with rep, to give rep a bit more meaning. As it stands I'm probably not going to gain much except profession ranks (maybe?) for hitting exalted with the next few reps. If exalted meant you'd get only 850+ items from emissary chests, I'd be way more interested in rep grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because you can do very easy WQs for the chests while the quests for better gear tend to be somewhat more difficult... or at least that's the idea.
    That might be the idea, but I can often do 2-3 item quests faster than 4 emissary quests simply because there are so many people doing the item quests so you just jump in and tag whatever you can and you're done in <1 minute, many times even less, and hell, just 2 days ago I couldn't even finish the emissary quest because I only had 2 world quests in the zone, from the reset at 9am I had to wait until 3pm before more popped in the zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    idk it gives more then any world quest ive seen, and if your able to do 4 world quests in a zone that grant AP why not get the extra
    But it is just really a shitty reward. 900 AP from doing 4 specific WQs, which may all give gold or resources, is not very good, when i can just do 4 rare/suramar WQs which all give 600+ AP.

I just feel like that the Cache should like all other caches in the game, have some good impact on your progression. Right now, it is just really a free WQ or 2 done in an instant.

7+ Year Old Account
    But it is just really a shitty reward. 900 AP from doing 4 specific WQs, which may all give gold or resources, is not very good, when i can just do 4 rare/suramar WQs which all give 600+ AP.

I just feel like that the Cache should like all other caches in the game, have some good impact on your progression. Right now, it is just really a free WQ or 2 done in an instant.
    the chest can also have more AP in it though, and for me its 1.1k in suramar, 2k from the emisarry

Deleted
    Just today I've got a 845 Blood Relic on the chest. So, RNG is RNG and you are whining over it.

Gear should be taken out in favor of champion equipment, gold, and resources. All 3, every day.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.