Thread: VC Redist issue

VC Redist issue

Hello,

I've been getting a VC Reddist issue for a while, whenever I open League of Legends and a couple of other programs i get a message that says "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link llibrary api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll." I've been getting this message for a while, but, it never bothered me because i can press ok 3-4 times then the message would stop popping and I can play league of legends. Now im trying to get Adobe Illustrator but i cant because of this issue, when i tried installing adobe illustrator i couldnt, so i googled the error and people said that i should uninstall and re-install vc reddist, so i un-installed and re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) (Note: there are a bunch of Microsoft Visual C++ in my programs like 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 a couple of each). when i re-installed it MS Vis C++ 2015 Redist i got an error that said Setup Failed "One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file. 0xc80003f3 - Unspecified Error". When i googled about that error i was told to update my Windows, when i go to Control Panel and click on Check for updated i get an error that says "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." in the Change setting i have everything checked on and install updates automatically ON everyday. Checked that issue on google was told to check if my Windows Update is running so i did the steps which are go to control panel open administrative tools (view local services) saw Windows Update the status is "Started" along with everything else that has a status.

I have gotten to this point and that's all I could find about fixing this issue, I am not good with PCs so I cannot go any further. If anyone knows anything or has any suggestions let me know, would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

I just had this issue although with a different program. Do you have battle net? Because iirc the file listed here should be in your battle net folder.

I had to uninstall battlenet and the program that was giving me errors and then reinstall them both
    Last edited by satimy; 2016-09-28 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leggit View Post
    -snip-
    when i re-installed it MS Vis C++ 2015 Redist i got an error that said Setup Failed "One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file. 0xc80003f3 - Unspecified Error".

-snip-
    Looks like you are going to have to reinstall windows, have you tried any solutions provided on the internet?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...il-0xc80003f3/

I was getting error 0xC80003F3 while searching for updates on an HP G42 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 with 3GB RAM. I looked at the page file and it was only set to 512MB. I changed it to the recommended value and all is well now.
    PM me weird stuff :3