Thread: Story quests

Story quests

I just finished leveling up a Pally alt (Most likely will turn into my main) However he had boatloads of rested EXP and i also put about half to 3/4 of a level into him by doing some Class hall missions on my phone throughout the week.

As a result he reached 110 before i did even 1/4 of Highmountain.

So i guess my question is if i just ignore highmountain story quests and grab the flight points manually, am I missing anything? The only thing i can think of is I won't have a quest to get one of the pillars of creation. Will this gate me in any way?

One example I can think of is there is a quest around 101 that requires you to grab an artifact from Suramar which eventually takes you to Velen. Skipping this quests gate your class hall story progression.

Are there any unforeseen consequences for the Highmountain story?

All I can think of is that you need to complete every zone's main storylines to get part of the achievement for Legion Pathfinder, which will eventually be part of the achievements that let you fly there when they patch it in

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    All I can think of is that you need to complete every zone's main storylines to get part of the achievement for Legion Pathfinder, which will eventually be part of the achievements that let you fly there when they patch it in
    I thought About that too but I have that completed on my main. Well my other "main" lol. That character is up to date with all quests and also suramar quests.

Another thing i can think of but may not really be effected is I know some world quests in Suramar are gated behind quest lines for eg the Dinosaur + Stomp on wine quests. Not sure if this applies for Highmountain?

If anyone else can chime in that would be great

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    I thought About that too but I have that completed on my main. Well my other "main" lol. That character is up to date with all quests and also suramar quests.

Another thing i can think of but may not really be effected is I know some world quests in Suramar are gated behind quest lines for eg the Dinosaur + Stomp on wine quests. Not sure if this applies for Highmountain?

If anyone else can chime in that would be great

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -
    You also need the rep from those quests to even unlock world quests. You will get no world quests until I think honored with the factions for those zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    I just finished leveling up a Pally alt (Most likely will turn into my main) However he had boatloads of rested EXP and i also put about half to 3/4 of a level into him by doing some Class hall missions on my phone throughout the week.

As a result he reached 110 before i did even 1/4 of Highmountain.

So i guess my question is if i just ignore highmountain story quests and grab the flight points manually, am I missing anything? The only thing i can think of is I won't have a quest to get one of the pillars of creation. Will this gate me in any way?

One example I can think of is there is a quest around 101 that requires you to grab an artifact from Suramar which eventually takes you to Velen. Skipping this quests gate your class hall story progression.

Are there any unforeseen consequences for the Highmountain story?
    If you have the rep for friendly, not really. If not, you won't be able to get World Quests.