Thread: Class in duels.

Deleted

Class in duels.

What in your opinion is the most op class in 1v1 atm? If you have to choose top 3, how it would looks liked?

All hybrids so Ret/Enh/Feral and after that BM hunters? If we're talking world pvp here ferals and sin/sub rogues are probably the gods due to having a lot of space to just stealth and reset, or in ferals case just apply bleeds and kite you forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends to be honest. There is no one spec that can beat every other spec 1v1. There are a lot more rock paper scissor specs these days.

ie classes that aren't very good at kiting will lose to VDH as they are basically immortal if they can hit you (need to hit you to heal) where as they are relatively easy to kite, so if you can keep your distance they are easy.

Same with Rets, they have a steed that they can summon for 3s every 20 to 45s, but if they can't reach you for the other times, they dead.

I'd say Ferals are probably the best overall 1v1 though. They can't really be kited and will f you up pretty hard with their dots and self heals. Enh is good at bursting, but if you can survive the initial burst, they aren't so bad.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Honestly in world tanks used to be kings of 1v1 (not sure how they are now after nerfs, i dont see any tanks to gang any more)

From DPS I would say Rogues, WW, Rets (vs melee), and good Dhavoc (once they unlocked their pvp talents).

Side note, WW will lose their stun from their FoF so they wont be that good after that nerf. DH are very very crap 1v1 before they unlock their honor talents, after they do, they honestly have tools to counter any dps class 1v1.

Deleted
    What about (good) Enh shammies?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvee View Post
    What about (good) Enh shammies?
    In my opinion (may as well be wrong) but enh is too soft, i play Ret/DH and in both cases Enh for me is very very easy to kill. Enh can line up some crazy burst, i have seen them down players from 100% to 0% in 3 seconds in arena skrimishes, but ya 1v1 they are pretty soft vs melee at least in my experience.

Deleted
    world pvp and duels isnt much to go by, as a geared MM hunter can just sidewinders marked shot you for 1.3mil with 2 instant casts, a sub rogue can kill you in a single cheap shot, and if you use a defensive or ice block or anything along those lines they will just vanish and wait, and kill you in a cheap shot, ww monks are practically the king of 1v1's if they're not heavily cc'd, asfar as it goes with casters, they just fall over in world pvp

Feral and enhancement generally, sub rogue if he has thief's bargain is even stronger.

I have a suspicion that aff warlocks are very underrated in duels but you hardly see any of them.

,,,Feral ability to bleed+root (with artifact trait bleeds don't break root) and run away to heal sand stealth .. If you take that x1 trick away and some how live through the initial burst of Moonfire+Rake+Rip+Artifact Weapon Bleed .. Thing is if you are DPS the initial opener DoT's + Shred + Bite are easily over half you HP .. That's just the first few seconds ..

Like a poster above stated every DPS build has a counter .. So at the end of the day play what you like ..

Deleted
    As i was looking on streams the strongest seems to be ferals for now, at least in 1v1. Was playing feral last time when i sub to wow, it was in mop. Always wanted to get better in pvp but i was lacking the knowledge about other classes when fighting them. My idea was to level up every single class so i would now how they work and how to counter them but the time which i must invested in to leveling all the class and specs discouraged me. Maybe there are some other ways to learn pvp and know other classes good enough to defeat them. Maybe constant, long enough playing and dueling with every class will make me knowing their abilities as i will finally remember every single skill they got.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    In my opinion (may as well be wrong) but enh is too soft, i play Ret/DH and in both cases Enh for me is very very easy to kill. Enh can line up some crazy burst, i have seen them down players from 100% to 0% in 3 seconds in arena skrimishes, but ya 1v1 they are pretty soft vs melee at least in my experience.
    Do you know if your opponents had PvP talents and Artifact Trait that heals in astral/etheral unlocked? I saw a video of a guy doing pretty ok vs melees playing very defensively...

Quote Originally Posted by Arvee View Post
    Do you know if your opponents had PvP talents and Artifact Trait that heals in astral/etheral unlocked? I saw a video of a guy doing pretty ok vs melees playing very defensively...
    By no means take my post as i faced good enh shammies =) i prob faced casual players. I am only pvping @ 2k mmr atm in rated both RBGs/3s Arena so cant say i met a lot of r1/glad teams you know? so i cant really say how Enh preforms at high-end pvp game in a skilled player's hands, since i didnt face to judge :P

The Enh shammies i faced were during my lvling or @ 110 skrimishes before arena started (most ppl did not have all pvp talents unlocked back then), i didnt face any @ RBGs yet, in 3s i usually don't try kill Enh as a first KT, but i met couple in rated 2s (very low cr...maybe 1400-1600) they died very easy, but i do run DH/Ret or DH/DK so our burst is insane.