Would upgrading my computer's RAM improve how smootly my wow runs?

Sorry in advance if the question is dumb, I am not a person with much or any hardware experience.

My CPU has 4gb ram, and it played wow well in wod. since legion however, graphics have gone to shit. I hearth to dal and not only does the loading screen take forever, everything in dal takes ages to load (as in to visually appear), and throughout the entire time fps is extremely unbearable. Legion has been great for me so far aside from this graphics issue. Most of my graphics options have already been reduced to near minimal settings.

My GPU is nvidia gt720. Any idea or advise on how to improve my situation would be much appreciated.

Try disabling your addons first. 4gb should be enough, it's not much but it should not cause such trouble.

Deleted
    GT 720 are pancake for gaming, it's really made for internet browsning. Period.
    Secondly, 4GB of RAM are on the low side these days and may cause stuttering and slow loadingscreen along side of your storage, I personally utilize about 6-7GB of RAM while playing Legion.

It sounds like you are using an OEM computer aswell(HP, Dell, Acer, etc) which makes it hard to "upgrade", but with the current generation of GPU:s and thanks to the architecture's energyefficiency you should be fine with a GTX 1060 3/6GB or the RX 470 without a problem regardless. Just make sure your Powersupply are decent with at least mucles of 300W.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Going for 8 gb definetly wont hurt. 4 is very low.

10+ Year Old Account
    That GPU isn't designed for gaming at all. It's a very low-end media card. It's very likely to be the cause of your issues. You can post your complete hardware specs so we have a better idea of what else may be an issue, but I'm willing to bet the trouble starts there.

4GB RAM should still be enough to run WoW, though it's definitely time to upgrade to 8GB.

10+ Year Old Account
    The least you would want is 8GB Ram and a GTX 750 Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonssown View Post
    GT 720 are pancake for gaming, it's really made for internet browsning. Period.
    Secondly, 4GB of RAM are on the low side these days and may cause stuttering and slow loadingscreen along side of your storage, I personally utilize about 6-7GB of RAM while playing Legion.

It sounds like you are using an OEM computer aswell(HP, Dell, Acer, etc) which makes it hard to "upgrade", but with the current generation of GPU:s and thanks to the architecture's energyefficiency you should be fine with a GTX 1060 3/6GB or the RX 470 without a problem regardless. Just make sure your Powersupply are decent with at least mucles of 300W.
    I will definitely look into upgrading the ram as it is probably easier, as for the CPU itself, it is an asus, here is the info from it that i screenshotted:

you are, it's not a gaming PC per se, though if it could run legion better I wouldn't mind it xD. I'd like to explore some more possible ways to upgrade it, as idk what can be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppered View Post
    I will definitely look into upgrading the ram as it is probably easier, as for the CPU itself, it is an asus, here is the info from it that i screenshotted:

you are, it's not a gaming PC per se, though if it could run legion better I wouldn't mind it xD. I'd like to explore some more possible ways to upgrade it, as idk what can be done.
    Another 4GB stick or RAM, and a new GPU(Graphics card) should pretty much do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonssown View Post
    Another 4GB stick or RAM, and a new GPU(Graphics card) should pretty much do the trick.
    Thank you for the help, can i just buy and graphics card or is there special stuff to take into consideration whether it is compatible to my pc, etc. Is it possible you have one to recommend for me based on my model?

Thank you for the help, can i just buy and graphics card or is there special stuff to take into consideration whether it is compatible to my pc, etc. Is it possible you have one to recommend for me based on my model?
    with that system you will need to get a low power card, the GTX 1050 Ti should be released soon so wait and get one of them, you will also need to see if your PSU has a 6 or 6+2 pin PCI-E power connector, if not you will need 2 free molex ( the 4 pin power connector ) and the adaptor that will com in your box as some 1050 Ti may ship requiring extra power.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Deleted
    It depends which way your mainboard is built. Even Low-Ende Graphics Cards often take two slots nowadays, and once I had a mainboard where a double slot-wide graphics card just wouldn't have enough space

If you aren't sure, post a photo of your mainboard

GT 720? How are you still playing? I have a 5870 running on near enough minimum settings just to get it over 30fps.

Depending on the rest of your spec, it may well be time for a new build.

Deleted
    I recently upgraded from 8GB to 16GB.

It didn't improved FPS much, but the load times were divided by 5 at least.

I don't know much but I guess my pc can load more things at once.