Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    I think it's way too early to make that conclusion. The action lists for both profiles have not been adjusted since before the hotfixes, and there are still a number of ongoing issues with them.
    That's good then. I'm looking forward to new, more precise builds. Right now it's quite confusing.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Hopefully, this will help fix the sim-craft lookers who fail the realize that NT-spam isn't really viable in most real situations.

Using a normal spec, I rarely hit above 50 stacks of quickening anyway. I suppose it's possible that with stacked Mastery, and increased mana pools, it'll be more likely during a burn phase. Regardless, this doesn't effect the majority of arcane mages in any negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Other than counting to 4, from Cataclysm to today it's also been a spec for which you have to think "can I use one more Arcane Blast without gimping myself for the next 2 minutes" and that is what the spec is about, not only counting to 4. Ever since the introduction of Mastery, Arcane's been the spec in which you have to consider every spellcast and how it will affect your dps going forward into the encounter. No other dps spec has ever had this internal decision-making process, or at least not at this level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it was ever hard to do, but it took a decent amount of time to learn and get good at it.

The NT-spam gameplay completely negates a huge part of what the spec is about, the same way that Scorch-weaving did in 5.1. That's why most of us who play Arcane are against it. Obviously, we'll be doing it because you want your dps to be as good as possible for your guild and raid team, but it's simply not how Arcane was intended to be played, and I'm sure Blizzard feel the same way, but at this point they're not ready to make significant changes to specs, just adjust numbers.

And anyway, NTSpam is still the best, no matter the Quickening fix.
    I think you mean
    Mana = ~93%
    if true cast arcane blast

Arcane didn't take any more time to learn compared to any other class that required actual decision making. Classes with bleeds can be considered a class you "have to think" to play. If you overlap bleeds too early you're losing dps, if you do it too late you're losing dps. Arcane was never a complex spec. If anything NT Spam made the spec more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    I think you mean
    Mana = ~93%
    if true cast arcane blast

Arcane didn't take any more time to learn compared to any other class that required actual decision making. Classes with bleeds can be considered a class you "have to think" to play. If you overlap bleeds too early you're losing dps, if you do it too late you're losing dps. Arcane was never a complex spec. If anything NT Spam made the spec more complex.
    I completely disagree.

I think Arcane has managing aspects that no other spec currently possess, and always has been this way. There are so many things that you can do to mess with your dps that is sometimes overwhelming, and the spec is largely ignored by the majority whenever possible.

That said, i think ALL specs have their complexity when the goal is to squeeze their maximum potential: even Hunters, that are widely considered to be the absolute winners of the easy/effectiveness ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    I think it's way too early to make that conclusion. The action lists for both profiles have not been adjusted since before the hotfixes, and there are still a number of ongoing issues with them.
    Wasnt it basically known that they were going to nerf NT spam in some way anyways?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Wasnt it basically known that they were going to nerf NT spam in some way anyways?

Somewhat, but we expected a change that wasn't just a flat nerf potentially breaking the viability of the spec.

Deleted
    I still hope that they nerf NT by giving it a 5 second cooldown and removing the 50 stack dropoff nerf from Quickening.
    Or they could just cause NT casts to remove Quickening stacks.

oh no arcane isnt ridiculously overpowered and mindless what will we all do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    oh no arcane isnt ridiculously overpowered and mindless what will we all do?
    It required a slither skill to be "overpowered" with NT-Q and with that nerf it is now mindless. Don't be so fucking retarded.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2016-09-27 at 09:56 PM.

This is so weird from blizz.

The "skill cap" of arcane is keeping quickening stacks. Its very easy to get hit by a mechanic and lose stacks.

I myself proposed to half the stacks to 50, but it falling afterwards is a huge letdown.

At the moment the way fights are, Fire mages are doing obscene burst damage; arcane mages then catch up slowly as quickening builds. At 75 stacks or more the damage is just ridiculous, you pull ahead of fire as long as there is no cleave.

With the hotfix; you finally start catching up to fire and quickenings gone back to 200k dps. Best build that back up.

It was high risk/high reward now its high risk/mediocre reward.

I am genuinely hoping there is another play-style now that is best because keeping quickening stacks can be fight breaking and if you can't keep the stacks its GG on the meters. The suggestion to increase haste gain per quickening stack but stack it at 25 seems perfect at the moment.

@Ubberleet @Not Againnn
    Guys, please behave. Insulting is not permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubberleet View Post
    Somewhat, but we expected a change that wasn't just a flat nerf potentially breaking the viability of the spec.
    No it was known they were going to kill nt spam. It didn't affect normal arcane.