Thread: GTX 1080 issues

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

GTX 1080 issues

Hello,
    So am having an issue with low fps in-game, i have already posted in the technical forums.

My PC Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Z170-Deluxe
    CPU: i7-6700k.
    Ram: 32GB
    GPU: SLI GTX 1080 Gigabyte G1.
    Monitor: ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor.
    Windows Pro Version: 10.0.13939 Build 14393.

I've tried several solution.

-Overclocked my GPU with 50 Core clock/ 300 Memory core. I found out the Core clock is not changing when i run wow it stays on 1695.5 MHz all the time.
    -Tried to disable the AA.
    -Tried to decrease the Render scale to 100%.
    -Tried to run the game on lower settings yesterday's raid with 30m i ran it on 1 and still having low fps.
    -Tried to change the Power Management for both Windows / Nividia settings Global and the game itself.
    -Tried to run the game in windowed mode/ Fullscreen (windowed) / Fullscreen.
    -Disabled all the Advanced graphic settings.
    -Tried to use the Recommended settings by blizzard.
    -Turned off the sharing in Geforce Exprience.
    -Reinstalled every nividia software and ran a clean install.
    -Turned off the VR from Xboxstore app.
    -Tried to run with 1 GPU.
    -Tried to downscale my CPU boost it was on 4.7 i made it 4.2 (default) just to check but it didn't do a thing.

The more frustrated thing is i tried to run "The Witcher 2" with Ultra settings it ran perfect i had slight fps drops but REALLY slight and when i checked the Log for the Core-clock it went up to 1974 MHz which should be normal with my spec. but when i try with WoW it doesn't change (or most likely online games i believe)

Hope someone can help me ^^

(Please appreciate my patient here. Really.)

Looks like CPU limited, maybe addon problems as well.

Try playing with shadows at minimum, setting anything but minimum can kill performance (literally FPS tripling from setting it from lvl 2 to lvl 1 sometimes)

Disable logging addons, advanced combat log, turn off recount (i've had massive issues with recount for game performance that get really bad when around lots of players, Skada works fine). Some other addons can hurt performance too, so make sure everything is up to date and try with zero addons for a pull to see if everything suddenly works fine. If it does, you know that it's an addon problem.

Turn off any form of vsync and run the game in exclusive fullscreen, not windowed or windowed fullscreen - windows 10 will vsync unless you do that.

The three 1-10 slider settings i have set to 7-5-5 because they can hurt performance a lot on the CPU side, and this does not run as well as i'd like even with the fastest CPU's available.

Triple check that your CPU is at 4ghz+ under load and temps are well below throttle points. ~80c or less is good, but it won't throttle til it's displaying the high 90's.

You have titled the thread "gtx1080 issues" but the 1080 is not really relevant here. Even at 1440p you'll probably see minimal load on it because WoW is CPU heavy and graphically light.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-09-27 at 02:39 PM.

Heavily overclock your CPU.

Look here for instructions how to do it:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1570313/s...ith-statistics
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is low fps? What is your frame rate? Also why attack the GPU, when it's more likely something to do with the CPU? Remember, WoW likes it's CPU fast. You could have a thermal throttle issue with the CPU. What's the temperature of the CPU when playing a game?

I'm with above poster, what is low fps? All computers will have dips with wow, that's the nature of these kinds of games with their main thread restricted to one core.

Have you tried checking your network card? If you are seeing FPS and frames lost during online play but not seeing it during single player games it could be a poor connection to the outside world. If WoW's servers aren't keeping up on your X,Y,Z location you would see FPS drops because your computer isn't talking correctly to the servers and doesn't know what it needs to render until it gets those position coordinates from the server.
    Signature made by Gamelol-MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Looks like CPU limited, maybe addon problems as well.

Try playing with shadows at minimum, setting anything but minimum can kill performance (literally FPS tripling from setting it from lvl 2 to lvl 1 sometimes)

Disable logging addons, advanced combat log, turn off recount (i've had massive issues with recount for game performance that get really bad when around lots of players, Skada works fine). Some other addons can hurt performance too, so make sure everything is up to date and try with zero addons for a pull to see if everything suddenly works fine. If it does, you know that it's an addon problem.

Turn off any form of vsync and run the game in exclusive fullscreen, not windowed or windowed fullscreen - windows 10 will vsync unless you do that.

The three 1-10 slider settings i have set to 7-5-5 because they can hurt performance a lot on the CPU side, and this does not run as well as i'd like even with the fastest CPU's available.

Triple check that your CPU is at 4ghz+ under load and temps are well below throttle points. ~80c or less is good, but it won't throttle til it's displaying the high 90's.

You have titled the thread "gtx1080 issues" but the 1080 is not really relevant here. Even at 1440p you'll probably see minimal load on it because WoW is CPU heavy and graphically light.
    I've tried disabling all the addons, removed WTF/Cache folder as well. reinstalled wow from scratch. the slider to 1. CPU is running on 4.2Ghz and i was running it on 4.7Ghz before even after lowering it didn't effect anything. and am pretty sure it's GPU related because am not the only one with the same issue even people with msi/evga/founderedition gtx 1080 having these issue (not all of them). Already mentioned that i had my shadows on min.

- - - Updated - - -

Already overclocked my CPU up to 4.7Ghz with AI suite 3. but still the same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

For example comparing my friend's laptop he has his slider on 10 he walks around dalaran with 60+ fps. for me goes down to 30-45fps even in suramar i took a friend with gtx 1080 (while am having sli) where ever we direct our cameras he is 15-20fps higher than me. CPU temp while playing goes from 35-45 C.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't lie if i said my connection is bad, but i never had these issues before with my other GPUs before this one. my brother using the same connection as i with gtx 800 series i check his fps is 90 in dalaran.

Try turning off SLI? Blizzard does not officially support it and can be the source of many problems, especially on a newer card.

If windows 10, try turning off all the xbox junk, and SLI is bad. I get over 66 everywhere on HD with everything at max on an older CPU. It could be the way it's trying to access memory in SLI.
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2016-09-27 at 05:03 PM.

Please read my post. i already said that i turned off one GPU and tried it.

- - - Updated - - -

Please read my Post. Already turned off the xbox VR and SLI.

Have you tried a different PCI power socket in your PSU?

@OP, you sound like you're all over the place with your comparisons and aren't exactly taking an apples for apples look at the issue you're facing compared to others. You mention your friend with a laptop pushing a consistent 60 frames in certain areas. There's no way in green hell a laptop is pushing 60 regularly with all 10s. 2nd, you keep focusing on the GPU as the culprit, so you're already sold that it's the cause, yet you do an exact comparison with a friend of yours but never mention the other parts of his rig.

Personally, after reading through this, I still don't know exactly what the problem is. It sounds like you're upset that other people have better frames than you, but you're not exactly sharing what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    you sound like you're all over the place with your comparisons and aren't exactly taking an apples for apples look at the issue you're facing compared to others. You mention your friend with a laptop pushing a consistent 60 frames in certain areas. There's no way in green hell a laptop is pushing 60 regularly with all 10s. 2nd, you keep focusing on the GPU as the culprit, so you're already sold that it's the cause, yet you do an exact comparison with a friend of yours but never mention the other parts of his rig.

Personally, after reading through this, I still don't know exactly what the problem is. It sounds like you're upset that other people have better frames than you, but you're not exactly sharing what you're looking for.

Am having low fps in wow but not other games. I ran did OC but i logged and noticed that the CPU clock is not changing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by opeth150 View Post
    Have you tried checking your network card? If you are seeing FPS and frames lost during online play but not seeing it during single player games it could be a poor connection to the outside world. If WoW's servers aren't keeping up on your X,Y,Z location you would see FPS drops because your computer isn't talking correctly to the servers and doesn't know what it needs to render until it gets those position coordinates from the server.
    What you've just wrote is one of most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that can be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this topic is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

@OP
    Try physically removing one of gfx to make sure there is no shenanigans going on with it. Run wow with some kind of cpu monitoring tool in background - report core usages. Also check for any software that could be running in the background hogging cpu. The fact that changing graphics settings doesn't affect fps points to conclusion that it is in fact your cpu that is problem. If you have spare drive you could make quick windows + drivers + wow install there - leave every setting at stock and see if it is any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobod View Post
    Am having low fps in wow but not other games. I ran did OC but i logged and noticed that the CPU clock is not changing.
    Give us numbers. Low fps is subjective. You're saying 15-20 fps lower than your friends, but what is the actually fps?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Give us numbers. Low fps is subjective. You're saying 15-20 fps lower than your friends, but what is the actually fps?
    In dalaran is goes down as much as 25-45 and Suramar is fucked up witheveryone but i still get low fps comparing to other ppl with the same spec pc.

- - - Updated - - -

I already tried to run the game with 1 GPU without using the other.

if you are usinv Recount delete it and try without

I already tried to run the game with 1 GPU without using the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Already ran the game with 0 addons.

have you tried to delete cache folder?

Yes, already mentioned that in my post ^^