Heroic Emerald Nightmare DPS Check

So, our small guild got to 10% on Xavius normal last night before giving up for the week. A combination of tanks mismanaging their debuffs and people failing at meteors were the main contributors, but I also got the sense that our overall DPS was fairly low. To put it in perspective, even when blowing lust after the first add spawned, we could never push Xavius to Phase 2 before a second add spawned. We also had to do a 5th add wave during Cenarius nearly every attempt.

I don't doubt we will down Xavius this week, and probably dominate the bosses before him, but how good does your DPS generally have to be to succeed in Heroic? Will we get completely crushed by Heroic Ursoc?

Deleted
    I would say that heroic is more about execution. If the the majority of your group can push around 200 000 damage per second, then Ursoc should go down easy.

Generally speaking all of my guilds DPS was 200k+ on all bosses. The vast majority of us are 845+ so that has something to do with it.

As Zackshady said though, heroic is execution and keeping up your rotation. Nyth is a good entry boss for heroic once you understand how to aim the breath and where the safe zones are the fight becomes easy.

Deleted
    We cleared 7/7N and had an hour on Nyth HC last night. Lowest we got her was 7% before the enrage, going to need to drop a few underperformers when we go back next reset.