What is the current best tank for mythic+ dungeons?

Currently I have a dk and dh at 110 but i'm wondering for pushing into the higher mythic+ dungeons what would the best tank be for them?

Thanks

Deleted
    The one with best hands

I would think both of the classes you have since grip is still OP as hell in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I would think both of the classes you have since grip is still OP as hell in dungeons.
    grip OP in dungeons? what the hell rofl.....

Warrior are best in M+ blood and dh are on the lower end. Personally as a healer thats done tons of M+ Warrior>Pal>Blood dk

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post

Warrior are best in M+ blood and dh are on the lower end. Personally as a healer thats done tons of M+ Warrior>Pal>Blood dk
    Yes grip is still op in Dungeons, because 1. there are a lot of mobs jumping out of the packs 2. mobs need to be clustered for good aoe stuns and silences.
    Ofc the grip can also come from resto druids(vortex + typhoon) or unholy dks (double single grip).

I also have to disagree on Warriors being best, yeah they take less dmg and have another aoe stun, but they really have a problem with skittish, if skittish trait isn't up or you have grp with only ranges,hunters or rogues, it might very well be they are the best, for skittish Guardian Druid really shines.
    So in the end you can't really say which tank is the best, because it really depends on your comp,the traits and the dungeons itself!

Realistically Warrior/Guardian however I see a lot of Vengeance DH's pull half the freaking dungeon and survive, it's hilarious.

Wars are terrible for high end mythic+, shit aoe damage and threat. Blood and Vengeance are among the best, aoe damage, utility, self healing. It takes all types posting on the forums I guess.

Lol you must not have done CM's in WoD.

unholy dks (double single grip)
    This is a PVP talent and doesn't work in dungeons. We have the Abom "hook" but it pulls to the location of the pet, which isn't guaranteed to be where you need it and seems to only work half the time. That said, our pet stun is super useful and our cleave and cooldown-related burst damage numbers are insane which are both good things to have for M+.

Blood tanking is also great for M+. We have several talents which can AOE stun (Tremble Before Me) or slow everything in the DND field for kiting, and additionally we have AOE grip, 50% health on demand with a low cooldown, a talented damage reduction (Rune Tap), AMS, several ways to interrupt including hard stuns, and most importantly strong self-sustain. Most people fail to realize that although warriors make the best raid tanks and realistically take the least damage, Blood DKs heal most of our damage taken back up and have a vast toolkit through talents and cooldowns to control the flow of the dungeon. We also have excellent AOE damage through Blood Boil, DND and Bonestorm, and once you get the bottom golden dragon talent (name escapes me) you can get 25% additionally damage on Death Strike for meaty single target output as well.

Edit: To answer the original question, any tank works fine for M+. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but if you build the rest of your comp around them you can't go wrong with anyone. Bring the player, not the class...funny, it actually works here.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-09-28 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    DH is the best to push the timer

Mass pull with sigil of silence and high mobility to round up mobs.

DK has a better mass pull too but lacks the mobility.

Paladin is great at AOE threat but lacks mobility.

Warrior has good mitigation CDs but lacks AOE Threat and AOE Damage.

Druid has great AOE dps but lacks magic defense.

Monk is a jack of all trades, high mobility, some potential for cheese.

DH>DK>Pal>Monk>Druid>Warrior in high myth+ is my guess. I am a healer and I can say that Warriors are easier to heal but at that level is about pulling, stunning, interrupting and bursting down big AOE packs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    Lol you must not have done CM's in WoD.
    That was back when Grip was on a 1 minute cooldown. Now it's a 3 minute cooldown which is talented to 2 minutes.

The grips are nice but they aren't as big of a boost as they were before. Especially since DK's are pretty bad. It doesn't make up for their bad points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdidum View Post
    Yes grip is still op in Dungeons, because 1. there are a lot of mobs jumping out of the packs 2. mobs need to be clustered for good aoe stuns and silences.
    Ofc the grip can also come from resto druids(vortex + typhoon) or unholy dks (double single grip).

I also have to disagree on Warriors being best, yeah they take less dmg and have another aoe stun, but they really have a problem with skittish, if skittish trait isn't up or you have grp with only ranges,hunters or rogues, it might very well be they are the best, for skittish Guardian Druid really shines.
    So in the end you can't really say which tank is the best, because it really depends on your comp,the traits and the dungeons itself!

Good, sure. Overpowered? No ...You are debating an ability being overpowered not good theres a difference.

Sure as hell not DH after Tuesday, they totally butchered that spec's survivability for mythic+ where you were stacking mastery.

I'm guessing you guys saying DH haven't done a 9+ since maintenance.
    Last edited by Deifi; 2016-09-29 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deifi View Post
    Sure as hell not DH after Tuesday, they totally butchered that spec's survivability for mythic+ where you were stacking mastery.

I'm guessing you guys saying DH haven't done a 9+ since maintenance.
    Uhh, no. The guys saying DH have been playing since the beta and doing high end mythic+ without even using demon spikes. You stack mastery and crit for mythic+ to do damage, not survive. You should rarely ever have to waste pain on using DS in mythic+. The mastery nerf was a hit to bleeding edge raid progression, it did nothing to Mythic+.

Please for the love of god please tell me that post is a giant troll.

There is no way you actually believe what you just typed.

If you actually do mythic+ without using DS you have the best healer that has ever existed in WOW history, hell i doubt that would even be enough to keep you up, you aren't doing high level mythic+ without using DS, simple as that, you don't have even close to the gear needed to even try. And why would you even try, you don't gain much and you make life a hell of alot harder for yourself and especially your healer.

And raid DH tanks don't stack mastery, never did, so how exactly is the nerf a hit to them.

The only part of your post you are sorta correct is yeah you stack crit and mastery to do damage, but you stack mastery to survive as well in mythic+.

Show me 1, just 1 video of a DH tanking a high level mythic without using DS.

Double tank runs don't count.
    Last edited by Deifi; 2016-09-29 at 07:28 AM.

Please for the love of god please tell me that post is a giant troll.

There is no way you actually believe what you just typed.
    Except I only do it.

If you actually do mythic+ without using DS you have the best healer that has ever existed in WOW history, hell i doubt that would even be enough to keep you up, you aren't doing high level mythic+ without using DS, simple as that.
    Because clearly you never did challenge modes and don't understand the aim is to control and kill packs before they kill you, not turtle and just tank them and live. There are things called stuns, slows, grips, silences. You use them, you don't sit there tanking everything to the face with no control, you control packs and burst them down with DPS.

And raid DH tanks don't stack mastery, never did, so how exactly is the nerf a hit to them.
    Keep reading bad guides, before the nerf stacking mastery was absolutely what any DH looking to go neck deep into Mythic raiding on week 1 was doing. The amount of value gained per mastery dwarfed everything in comparison. The "guide" on this forum that recommended stacking vers and haste for "damage reduction" even after the ninja buff to mastery was just badly thought out. It was possible to sit out 65-70% DR on DS in 865ish gear before the nerf if you got lucky enough with mastery gear, it was ridiculous and anyone who wasn't using it before the nerf was doing it wrong.

The only part of your post you are sorta correct is yeah you stack crit and mastery to do damage, but you stack mastery to survive as well in mythic+.

Show me 1, just 1 video of a DH tanking a high level mythic without using DS.
    Maybe you should actually watch beta videos, because it's been happening since then. If you have to waste pain on DS, your group is doing it wrong. No one is telling you that you can sit there and face tank everything with no control and not use DS, high end you actually DO use control, the damage you take is minimal and your pain is always better spent on doing damage then on DS.

So not going to link any proof? i've even done work for you, can't find any logs to back you up and can't find any vids of a DH solo tanking a high level mythic+ without using DS.

I even looked at the top of the top DH players, guess what, they are using DS.

I'm having a hard time believing you've actually done a high level mythic+.

DH Discord

"+9 smashspite hits harder than heroic ursoc and will highlight the mastery nerf like the giant FU it is"

Wanna know who said that? Honestly's MT.

Hmm who to trust, personal experience, the DH discord, top tier theorycrafters and one of the top guilds MT's vs a guy on mmo champion.
    Last edited by Deifi; 2016-09-29 at 07:58 AM.

+10 first week. Use DS on average 5 times or less a dungeon when oh shit moments happen. Yep, live in a delusion that you think something is impossible because you don't understand it.

Link all these "logs" that you're researching on Mythic+. Who the hell even logs Mythic+? Better yet, actually join the discord because what I'm saying isn't some ground breaking strat and has been used like I said, since the beta. If your knowledge of Vegeance tanking doesn't go past this or the battle.net forums then you're pretty behind as the knowledge in both areas is lacking to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

"+9 smashspite hits harder than heroic ursoc and will highlight the mastery nerf like the giant FU it is"
    No shit you use DS on a boss fight, they're not dangerous and never will be. You put up brand and pop meta when you get the debuff and proceed to laugh at him before he dies. If bosses are your issue in Mythic+ you're doing it wrong.

Pull mythic ursoc and you will understand the mastery nerf, mythic+ isn't going to teach you anything about it as mythic+ is 100% about control and strategy and not min maxing and survival.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-29 at 08:01 AM.

Because clearly you never did challenge modes and don't understand the aim is to control and kill packs before they kill you, not turtle and just tank them and live. There are things called stuns, slows, grips, silences. You use them, you don't sit there tanking everything to the face with no control, you control packs and burst them down with DPS.
    you are missing some vital differences between mythic+ and challenge modes, fruitcake.
    1. the former scale.
    2. the former receive affixes.

Good luck trying to survive trash packs on 10+ with necrotic, fortified and teeming without using active mitigation, I'd like you to show me one beta video where dps is able to burst those packs down in your 'cc chain'.

Had you said something along the lines: well some packs can be bursted down really fast, so it's better to interrupt/snare and burst them down, then yeah I'd be inclined to agree. Your generalization and putting every single trash pack in every single dungeon into one single basket tells me one thing - you have no clue what you're talking about.