Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Stat Weights (Elemental)

So since I often ask myself if that piece of gear with +5 ilvl but suboptimal stats is an upgrade i recently installed the addon pawn.
    This requires me to input stat weights.

Couple of problems and questions:
    - I was running simcraft (Elemental with ascendance + em) and it returned stat weights that were way off from what i read in most guides since crit is supposed to be second to int:
    Intellect=7.22,
    CritRating=5.82,
    HasteRating=6.59,
    MasteryRating=4.47,
    Versatility=5.89

I used 25000 Iterations, Patchwerk, Fight Length 360-540

- The official simcraft uses the lightning rod talent. I thought ascendance crit build was the way to go? (assuming ascendance is still the optimal build, will this change with the upcoming tier sets?)

- How much do statweights depend on my current gear? Should I run my own simulations or can i just use statweights mentioned in certain guides?

- Is there a possibility to get statweights for restoration? (cant seem to be able to simulate heal specs)

Is Lightning Rod comparable now with the buffs to bolt? Those results do seem odd.

We need the people to tell what the best spec is.

Deleted
    I tried sim'ing aswell

First with a LR build. Stat prio was int -> haste -> crit -> vers -> mastery

Then i tried ascendance, again int -> haste -> crit -> vers -> mastery

It was something like;

Haste: 0,87
    Crit: 0,83
    Vers: 0,80
    Mastery: 0,74

I wonder if lightning rod can be triggered by the artifact's lightning elemental (Fury of the Storms)

Are you guys simming with tier? If so that's most likely why its so weird.

Deleted
    The wowhead guide from blinkenstein has been updated to account for the coming hotfix and now lists the following weights:
    Int 8.3
    Crit 6.42
    Haste 7.27
    Mastery 6.27
    Versatility 7.77

This still doesnt line up with my sim (i simed live anyway) but if its correct thats a drastic change.
    I can see the change in Mastery due to the buff but Versatility seems off. (maybe a typo, I think blinkenstein usually knows what hes doing :P)
    Last edited by mmocecab805e96; 2016-09-27 at 05:53 PM.

Crit is no longer the strongest scaling secondary once you reach a certain threshold. Somewhere around 30-33 % crit.

Deleted
    Thing is - im only running around 22% crit

My previous post was off (was not at my computer at the time).

Here are my scale factors: (this is for ascendance build)

int 7.01
    haste 6.11
    crit 5.58
    vers 5.18
    mastery 3.94

And no, I am not using any sample profiles (tier).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    Crit is no longer the strongest scaling secondary once you reach a certain threshold. Somewhere around 30-33 % crit.
    Are you sure about this ?
    I stack as much crit as I can to help out the burn phase with ascendence. Seems to work pritty well with boosting the dmg.
    Right now I run aroun 38% crit , 28% haste, 23% mastery.

Now if there is a "crit" cap for elemental shamans would be good to get some proof of it so I can redo my stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU0yY88xL_0

This guy is saying a bit lower for vers with the changes. I dont know much about the wowhead guide but crit to 33 - haste to 30 and then vers makes more sense.

Just to clarify something here, stat weights are not a static thing. They merely tell you what stats will give you your largest damage increase based on your current stats/gear. Every single time you change a piece of gear, your stat weights will change depending on the new stats you have. The numbers given in guides are most likely derived from a certain threshold of gear (like say full T19 gear). The only way to get correct stat weights for your current situation is to sim them yourself; and trust me they will change dramatically from what is on the guides. I've spent plenty of time this past month with crit being the best, crit and haste being equal, haste being the best, and even a short stint with versatility being my highest stat weight; it all depends on what gear you have.

That being said, the LR build is perfectly viable. Prior to the hotfix it actually pulled ahead of Asc slightly after 2 minutes into an encounter. After the hotfixes, it has become even better. LR has better sustained damage output, but suffers from movement or phases where you're unable to apply/use the debuff (Spiderbird transition comes to mind), whereas Asc is great for burst phases like Ilg's heart, or during Xavius where you can potentially abuse the dream state to get more off.

Deleted
    simming yourself after every little gearchange is quite tedious, tbh. i'd rather prefer some "normalized" statweights or general guideline. too bad shamans gear for 3 of 4 stats at the same time. makes gearing up really confusing. at this point i just go with ilvl since anything with a combination of haste, crit or versatility is somewhat decent. is mastery still not good enough, even with the buffs?

anyways, is there a theorycrafting site for dps shamans, similar to alteredtime for mages? please dont say icyveins ^^

edit: how does crit help with ascendence burst? isnt lvb 100% crit anyway?
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2016-09-28 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    is there a theorycrafting site for dps shamans, similar to alteredtime for mages? please dont say icyveins ^^

edit: how does crit help with ascendence burst? isnt lvb 100% crit anyway?
    As far as I know there's no central website, however most of the Ele theorycrafters hang out on the Earthshrine discord ( https://discord.me/earthshrine ). There's plenty of info in the pinned messages in the elemental channel, and people are always discussing things in there.

As for Ascendance, while you are in Ascendance your Lava Burst damage is increased by an amount equal to your crit chance; so the more crit you have, the more damage your Lava Bursts do while in Ascendance.

Deleted
    ah thanks, didnt know that about ascendence. shows how little elemental ive played ^^

Deleted

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Is Lightning Rod comparable now with the buffs to bolt? Those results do seem odd.
    Pretty sure that someone linked a log yesterday, that showed the LR now surpasses Ascendance,- I'll try and find it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by marreontherun View Post
    Are you sure about this ?
    I stack as much crit as I can to help out the burn phase with ascendence. Seems to work pritty well with boosting the dmg.
    Right now I run aroun 38% crit , 28% haste, 23% mastery.

Now if there is a "crit" cap for elemental shamans would be good to get some proof of it so I can redo my stuff
    Crit is still strong beyond that, just not as strong as Haste (depending on your already existing Haste value). It's not so much of a cap as it is a point where other secondaries see an increase in value over crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I've tested LR myself on Underbelly rares (with 700m HP averagely). At first I was thinking, maybe LR can perform better over Ascendance in a sustained long fight. But all I can say is, rng is rng. Sometimes LR proc in a row or two, and the other times it just won't proc at all. So the result may vary. Lightning Rod buff is pretty intense to be maintained, especially if you want to align it with SK. I tend to skip one or two Lava Surge and LvB (even ES sometimes) just to throw SK'd LBs when LR up. And sometimes (if not mostly) I'm also tend to delay using my SK, just to wait for LR to proc. So to me LR downside is, it's kinda mess up your prior rotation. I had a spiked LR damage on the meter when it's aligned with SK. But overall, LR is not even on my top 3 damage. At the end, I'm stick with Ascendance for now, since most of Emerald Nightmare fight is require burst on single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    My stat weights sim much the same, as they did before the hotfix and for both an ascendance and lightning rod builds with only minor variations. A great difference from beta expectations I had heard for crit and haste to be worth roughly double mastery.