Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Boomkin: Low ursoc DPS, I'm a little worried. (includes logs)

We did Ursoc for the first time last night and my damage was extremely low, not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's possible I'm still just moving too much. I did have to soak charges 50% of the time.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1841

There are our logs for last night, anyone able to help a brotha out?

To be clear, I'm aware my casts per minute were low. Healers were not able to keep up so we had ranged moving in melee range with the melee. Could that be the reason for such low DPS?

Edit:
    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/Ilnez/simple
    Last edited by Ilnezhara; 2016-09-28 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Armory

One of the immediate things that jump out at me is the 84% uptime on sunfire and 94% uptime on moonfire.

There's no reason that those buffs should be blow like 98% uptime on that boss. Especially with nature's balance.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think that there are two things I can see from the logs.

One is as mentioned previously you need 98-99% uptime with your dots.
    Second, you have more starsurge than lunar strike (35 to 31) which means that you wasted 4 lunar empowerment somewhere.

I also compared to a one of my wipe on ursoc last week (did not kill him yet) and you seem to cast less starsurge than me.

After 4min23sec you had 35 starsurge and on a wipe at 3min44sec I had 35 as well.

This could mean that you waste a lot of time running while not on gcd.

You should always try to avoid running while not on gcd. I was always running toward the direction the boss was heading when I was on gcd which meant I was a couple of steps ahead of my group but I would not lose that much dps because of all the movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed it this week, with a quicker time of 3:58. I shortened your log to that duration to compare casts. (you stacks inc+2nd pot etc with bloodlust so you're using your CD properly). However you seem to be moving to much and casting too little.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=26 my log for comparison.

In 3.58 I cast 44 SS, 44 LS and 51 SW. You cast 35 31 43 respectively. I also had >99% uptime on dots which on ST should be bare minimum tbh.

I have slightly more gear than you, and haste on every piece bar 1. You didn't link armoury so I've not looked it up, but either you have really low haste, or simply don't stand still enough.

You also missed one full moon cast but you may have died before it was ready.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Try not to move. You actually barely have to move for the fight if you find the right spot and position where you wont have to move unless it is your turn to soak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post

You should always try to avoid running while not on gcd. I was always running toward the direction the boss was heading when I was on gcd which meant I was a couple of steps ahead of my group but I would not lose that much dps because of all the movement.
    Even though I am not a dps (Resto druid.) I already start moving right after Ursoc charges away to get in position for the next soak. And move minimal after that. Less frequent and more distance per time moving (during a GCD) instead of constantly taking small steps to stay in his roar range. Once I nailed this movement my healing done went up. I can only imagine it could work the same for Moonkins.

Deleted
    You were dead for 38 seconds of the fight. That's 38/(4*60 + 23) = 14% of the fight. That looks like a really good reason to me. Other tips would be to save some AP so you can stursurge when you need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Even though I am not a dps (Resto druid.) I already start moving right after Ursoc charges away to get in position for the next soak. And move minimal after that. Less frequent and more distance per time moving (during a GCD) instead of constantly taking small steps to stay in his roar range. Once I nailed this movement my healing done went up. I can only imagine it could work the same for Moonkins.
    Exactly. Blinking once and standing there is better than moving after every cast.

I'm writing this with my phone, so i'm not trying to look at your logs. But guys above stated that your dot uptime is low. This should not be a problem if you have addon to track pandemic effect. It allows you to refresh dot when there is 30% duration left without losing any dps.
    Sorry for bad english

My 2 cents: look at the "ressources" tab => you seem to be at 100 AP during too much time (coherent with the lack of SS casts).
    And looking at the replay, you are indeed moving a lot

Question to everyone: in your guild only melee takes the cacophony? I'm asked by my RL to be as close as possible to the boss and it hurts my DPS quite a bit (lots of movement). Well, it was our first kill so we tryed to be safe...

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I was running some comparisons to my logs (189k dps) to see what my issue was since I have 99+% uptime on my dots but way fewer casts than you. We're within about an item level of each other but you have almost 2k more haste than I do. Do you think that combined with poor movement planning leads to the huge discrepancy between our DPS?
    Link for reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e&source=26,26

Edit: I'm also retarded and realized that I was missing my BotA blessing the whole fight...
    Last edited by Oster; 2016-09-28 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oster View Post
    I was running some comparisons to my logs (189k dps) to see what my issue was since I have 99+% uptime on my dots but way fewer casts than you. We're within about an item level of each other but you have almost 2k more haste than I do. Do you think that combined with poor movement planning leads to the huge discrepancy between our DPS?
    Link for reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e&source=26,26

Edit: I'm also retarded and realized that I was missing my BotA blessing the whole fight...
    I didn't realise there was a 'compare' function on WCL. I'd love to know how you did that!

I zoomed to make our fights the same length. I used Nature's Balance as a lv 100 talent, what did you have? As such I cast 10 sunfire and 4 moonfire, while you have 25 casts total, that's 11 more globals on dots. You also have 2 less complete moonmoon cycles (aka you missed new, half and full moon twice!) that's 6 casts and a fuck ton of damage wasted. Are you capping at 3? You didnt use any pots, and have two +int trinkets. Am I right in thinking you only used the 'use' on 1 of your two trinkets? Prism is strongest with starfall/fury of elune, I wouldn't reckomend it for ST as it takes the entire duration to stack it as high as possible, unlike in aoe where it takes 5-10 seconds to stack it, and a further 10 seconds with max buffs.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I didn't realise there was a 'compare' function on WCL. I'd love to know how you did that!

I zoomed to make our fights the same length. I used Nature's Balance as a lv 100 talent, what did you have? As such I cast 10 sunfire and 4 moonfire, while you have 25 casts total, that's 11 more globals on dots. You also have 2 less complete moonmoon cycles (aka you missed new, half and full moon twice!) that's 6 casts and a fuck ton of damage wasted. Are you capping at 3? You didnt use any pots, and have two +int trinkets. Am I right in thinking you only used the 'use' on 1 of your two trinkets? Prism is strongest with starfall/fury of elune, I wouldn't reckomend it for ST as it takes the entire duration to stack it as high as possible, unlike in aoe where it takes 5-10 seconds to stack it, and a further 10 seconds with max buffs.
    If you click on "Compare" in the close to upper right, and then click "Compare Reports" dropdown followed by "Compare with URL" you can copy/paste the log ID from someone else's log and enter it there and voila!

Thanks for the feedback, I was using NB as well but used my moon/sunfire to fill DPS as I repositioned. Yeah now that I look back I probably do cap at 3 before I spam them again. I also haven't been using pots to save the ones I have but I'll probably start in the future. I think I used both, but tend to favor the Void on use first since its straight +int. I know the Prism is pretty bad for ST but it added a lot of haste for me and they're the best two trinkets I managed to get so far lol.
    'Preciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still can't see that other 'on use' on the buffs page. Do you have it macro'd in to something? As you can't use 2 on use within 20seconds? of each other. That's why is has never been a good idea running with 2 on use.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Others have nailed what you need to change. I have 20% haste which is super low compared to others and I am sitting around 250-270 depending where the fight ended. Don't have logs on me at the moment to post though.

I do want to mention how you can solve fixing the movement. My guild has me close to melee and I barely have to move, If I ever do I plan ahead to make sure it is when I use a starsurge or any other instant gcd as I am not losing dps while moving. It sometimes looks funny because I cast a few times, star surge/move, cast a few times. I move almost every time I cast starsurge on ursoc to get the highest uptime on casting while doing mechanics perfectly. If I ever fuck up on managing astral power which doesn't happen on Ursoc, I cast a moonfire or sunfire depending what is lower on duration. If both are high then I cast Moonfire as it hits harder with my relics.

If you do cast dots, treat them like starsurge, use them as a movement tool.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I do want to mention how you can solve fixing the movement. My guild has me close to melee and I barely have to move, If I ever do I plan ahead to make sure it is when I use a starsurge or any other instant gcd as I am not losing dps while moving. It sometimes looks funny because I cast a few times, star surge/move, cast a few times. I move almost every time I cast starsurge on ursoc to get the highest uptime on casting while doing mechanics perfectly.
    When you say close to melee, how do you guys position the miasmas? I tried standing with melee but ended up having to move way more to avoid miasmas than if I stood further out.

Also to be honest I may have just not used the Prism, I tend to use the Void more frequently though. But yeah, 2 on use sucks Trying to get better trinkets lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    Second, you have more starsurge than lunar strike (35 to 31) which means that you wasted 4 lunar empowerment somewhere.
    Is this legit? I thought that there are some scenarios (when you have popped your cds) where it is a dps gain to waste lunar empowerments, while not casting unEmp Solar Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    We did Ursoc for the first time last night and my damage was extremely low, not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's possible I'm still just moving too much. I did have to soak charges 50% of the time.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1841

There are our logs for last night, anyone able to help a brotha out?

To be clear, I'm aware my casts per minute were low. Healers were not able to keep up so we had ranged moving in melee range with the melee. Could that be the reason for such low DPS?

Edit:
    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/Ilnez/simple
    Here is my parse from Tuesday ~310k.. I had some pretty good Full Moon RNG

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Always pool ~80AP for predicted movement and dump starsurge while you run. I find this to be very helpful for Ursoc.

I have a similar problem : on Nythendra, I've been doing 190k, which places me around the 70th percentile for my ilvl (though w/o flask or potion as we are a very casual guild and are just getting started on raiding).

Possibles explanations :
    - l2p issue : I'm no pro gamer, but I'm dedicated to learning any class I raid with, and the margin with the top parsers seems huge (as a comparison, on Il'gynoth, I parse somewhere between 95th and 99th percentile for my ilvl)
    - talents : running Starlord/SotF/BotA/NB, I'm aware SotF might not be the best choice but it's still a solid all-rounder
    - artifact weapon : made some poor choices early one when I still hoped to mitigate our poor aoe mechanics, and I'm a couple slots away from Moon and Stars, which should by far be our best single target golden ability, especially when paired with Incarnation

The more I play the more I'm convinced that the culprit is my weapon tree, though I'm still 140k artifact power from being able to confirm it. OP, do you have Moon and Stars?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    I have a similar problem : on Nythendra, I've been doing 190k, which places me around the 70th percentile for my ilvl (though w/o flask or potion as we are a very casual guild and are just getting started on raiding).

Possibles explanations :
    - l2p issue : I'm no pro gamer, but I'm dedicated to learning any class I raid with, and the margin with the top parsers seems huge (as a comparison, on Il'gynoth, I parse somewhere between 95th and 99th percentile for my ilvl)
    - talents : running Starlord/SotF/BotA/NB, I'm aware SotF might not be the best choice but it's still a solid all-rounder
    - artifact weapon : made some poor choices early one when I still hoped to mitigate our poor aoe mechanics, and I'm a couple slots away from Moon and Stars, which should by far be our best single target golden ability, especially when paired with Incarnation

The more I play the more I'm convinced that the culprit is my weapon tree, though I'm still 140k artifact power from being able to confirm it. OP, do you have Moon and Stars?
    Sure do =/

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I fixed my Sunfire uptime this week, 99% for both DoTs but my DPS is still abysmal (though less so). The other moonkin had the same casts as me exactly but did significantly more damage. Could this be due to him having Spiked Tongue and a Weapon 13 levels higher? Or am I just making excuses now.

That being said, if you could comment on these new logs I'd appreciate it. I tried to work on what was brought up in this topic this week. I even managed a 90% on Dragons! ^_^