Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Personal loot vs Masterlooter (epgp) vs Masterlooter (addon for best upgrade)?

Our guild just started raiding, we have been using personal loot until now. We have seen other guilds using masterlooter with EPGP system or some Addon that show who benefits most with that item.

What has been most used here? What are your experiences with these systems? As we are just casual raiding, what do you guys reccomend us using? Any benefit to personal loot?

Personal loot is fine for casual raiding, you'll get more loot to average out the bad ilvl upgrades and as you start to even out the ilvl you can trade everything anyway for pure benefit.

There's a hardcore benefit to master loot due to how important secondaries are to an items strength even when its a significant ilvl boost - particularly for jewellery. It's a lot of hassle for casual guilds though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Depednds how casual and whether your raid is consistently the same people or not.

EPGP is good when you have iffy attendance as it rewards people who are there consistently vs the ones who only come when they can and thus funnels loot to where it will benefit the raid most. A loot council could do the same thing but it's usually a more hardcore approach where the LC is really figuring out where each piece will give the most benefit (assuming no drama of course).

Personal is fine too - it's easy and as long as you can trade people can say "Hey, I dont need this does anyone else want it" etc. Honestly, in truly casual, laid back raids, I'd start with personal loot. it's main downside is that you can't funnel loot where it helps progression most but if you're casual, eh.

Honestly it's 100% RNG. Personal loot can give you more gear and it can gear your most important people faster. But can and will are and can be troublesome. Directing gear with ML funnels gear to those important people with certainty but can't really determine what drops.

(Important can mean a lot of things: role, attendance, friend, girl friend, high proformer, or "fairness")

There's also the side of with loot systems people sometimes won't take gear which is a small upgrade because they won't take the hit to their rating because they want it to be as good as it can be when whatever piece they really want drops, and that can be problematic. There's upsides and downsides to every system. Imo just discuss the pros and cons with your guild and see where most people fall with it and go with that.

Also, be wary of addons which tell who an item will be the biggest upgrade for. They can be helpful but they also aren't always accurate.

I would never trust an addon telling me what's best for any class, including my own unless I personally set it up for my class and as did all my other guildies.

My guild uses RCLootCouncil for loot distribution. We have a loot council that votes on loot determining what'll be the best choice for the raid. It works for us and any ties go to the GM. Those on loot council can't vote for something they want for themselves. It's worked splendidly so far.

However if your guild is fairly casual and not trying to push mythic hard, then set it to personal and remove stress from the equation.

Ok thank you! Personal it is. But is there a addon that i as raidleader can have to help people to find out if the items they get is an upgrade or a bigger upgrade to someone else?

Deleted
    I saw a stream some time ago where they had an addon that let the player make a choice per item with options: BiS / Upgrade / OS / something else. Does anyone know what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    I saw a stream some time ago where they had an addon that let the player make a choice per item with options: BiS / Upgrade / OS / something else. Does anyone know what it is?
    Could be a couple of addons. I know EPGP and RC Loot Council both have options like that. I'm sure other loot distribution addons do as well. Everyone has to have the addon tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    Ok thank you! Personal it is. But is there a addon that i as raidleader can have to help people to find out if the items they get is an upgrade or a bigger upgrade to someone else?
    There is one. "personal loot helper", or something like that. shows the user who got personal loot and for whom it would be an upgrade. can be configured to post it in chat, if wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    Well they can all use Pawn. Additionally you can use AMR's addon as it has a team viewer if you feel comfortable deciding who gets what. If you're on personal though, most people will say if they want an item that the person that got it doesn't want and can give away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Could be a couple of addons. I know EPGP and RC Loot Council both have options like that. I'm sure other loot distribution addons do as well. Everyone has to have the addon tho.
    Loooks like RC Loot Council is the one I saw on stream. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Loooks like RC Loot Council is the one I saw on stream. Thank you very much!
    No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Well they can all use Pawn.
    I highly recommend Pawn because it's simple to use and easy to set-up. The only downside is people will need specific stat weights to put in, and sometimes in super casual guilds not everyone knows that info. So some people might need to be helped a bit in that regard.

Some sort of loot system is probably preferable for a larger group. 5 mans, who cares, but in a raid you will always get the odd case where the shittiest player gets an item and you will have people bitching over it. I've seen it happen all the time where someone will get upset over loot in casual guilds, usually one of the better players the guild can't afford to lose.

I have a similar question but didn't want to start my own thread. We are using RC Loot Council but a problem we are running in to is that people are taking ilvl upgrades other stat prioritizing. For example our bear druid took some crit gear over a DH, which apparently is BiS for DH but awful for bears (hearsay, but let's go with it). Is there an addon which accurately says who it is the biggest upgrade for, or prioritizes based on stats instead of raw ilvl+stat increases?

Personally I use Pawn with custom weights for my own items. Is there a way, or a different addon, I can configure Pawn as a raidleader for each class, so I know when it's actually the stats they want?

Hopefully that makes sense. It seems like using lootcouncil has the huge limitation of relying on people to be honest and only take upgrades that are their main stats.

Honestly one thing I've done in the past is create a google sheet for each boss. Then have people list out what upgrades they have are on the boss. You can always cross check that vs guides (Icy-veins as an example) to make sure it's an upgrade. As for your druid tank in particular, sounds like a pretty scumbag move on their part.

I don't know that it is intentionally scummy or more just ignorance/stupidity. Regardless I guess we need a way to manage that. I was thinking of just making a spreadsheet with every spec and listing their stat weights based on icy-veins or simcraft or something. I wasn't sure if there was a more effective way, or if AskMrRobot might have some function that does that.

Are trinkets handled the same way? Those seem to be even more of a headache.

AMR does have their team build thingy built in, which you could use.

Trinkets are a different ball game all together unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Leymour View Post
    I have a similar question but didn't want to start my own thread. We are using RC Loot Council but a problem we are running in to is that people are taking ilvl upgrades other stat prioritizing. For example our bear druid took some crit gear over a DH, which apparently is BiS for DH but awful for bears (hearsay, but let's go with it). Is there an addon which accurately says who it is the biggest upgrade for, or prioritizes based on stats instead of raw ilvl+stat increases?
    Just to speak to this specific thing real quick... Generally you are right, for secondary stats we (Guardians) want Mastery and Versatility more than anything else. Crit isn't entirely wasted though because it does give us dodge as well. All of this is further complicated by the fact the available itemization in EN is not great and is often Mastery or Versatility with Crit instead of the first two together so we will often need gear with crit on it, because the ideal option doesn't really exist.

Now the other thing to also consider is Stam and Armor are BY FAR the most important stats for us. So if it was an item that had those stats as well it is quite possible it would be a substantial upgrade for your Bear even if the secondary stats were crit and haste /shudder.

All of that isn't to say your Bear was right for taking the piece of gear, but just to give you more of an understanding of the issue and that it'll probably happen again but there's specific reasons why it's a thing.

Honestly, imo you guys should require everyone to use pawn then they can just tell you how much of a % upgrade an item is. Of course some people could lie, but that's a whole other kettle of fish. The problem with using one addon to tell you what everyone in the raid wants is there are many varying cases where people would want less than ideal gear (specifically because the ideal doesn't exist). Back when I was a super serous raider, at the beginning of every raid tier we all had to fill out BiS lists so the loot council would have that as a reference. It worked pretty well and I'd recommend that over using addon. But just my 2 cents