Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half the stuff I see that's considered plus size is huge...

Do you know how many men would be "plus" size if we used similar metrics?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Are the numbers for men around the same thing? If not, why?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Half the stuff I see that's considered plus size is huge...

Do you know how many men would be "plus" size if we used similar metrics?
    Most men are, they just get labeled as "XXL/XXXL" or whatever. There are more women without an aversion towards overweight men than there are men without a aversion to overweight women. For whatever reason, having a large gut as a man isn't seen as nearly as bad as having a the same as a woman.

mo cushion fo pushin
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Are the numbers for men around the same thing? If not, why?
    I'm not sure. When I was researching a news article worth posting on here this was the best option out of the recent news articles I looked at.

Also, some guys like Butter.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Bless your heart, Tennisace.
    Yes, I must concur.

Good God, I agree with a Tennisace thread. WTF is going on?
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Women's sizes are an intricate maze of bullshit
    2. I'd be concerned if people had negative dimensions. Abstracting into the second and third plane quadrants can't be healthy.

That said, yeah it's really not a healthy trend. Having lost 50 pounds myself this last year I still feel like absolute garbage because my thyroid is trash, but it's an improvement over last year's "dumpster fire" status. There was probably a lot more coke in the '60s, so that would explain that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    1. Capitalize on early pair bonding and exclusivity

2. Capitalize on fertility and resources

In the first option males are attracted more to neotenous traits, which may (but don't have to) include slenderness, hairlessness, submission/physical weakness, large eyes, and the list goes on.

In the second option males are attracted more to exaggerated feminine traits, such as large breasts and butts, while other traits take a backseat.
    So essentially going 1) Asian vs going 2) Black?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    I really don't understand this 'need' to be fat. I gained weight because of a medication and it caused horrible problems, like pain walking, needing to buy new clothes (I dont shop often), more thyroid issues, sleep problems, and lethargy. I worked hard and got most of the weight off, I'm not the same size but I'm back to being healthy, why would anyone want to stay fat?
    Not to mention the self esteem issues. The health issues. Fat people will obviously have much more difficulty than regular humans when it comes to enjoying the outdoors and making the most of their life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Most men are, they just get labeled as "XXL/XXXL" or whatever. There are more women without an aversion towards overweight men than there are men without a aversion to overweight women. For whatever reason, having a large gut as a man isn't seen as nearly as bad as having a the same as a woman.
    I'm trying to say you don't similar naming conversations in men's fashion. You have what? Big and Tall? Those don't carry the same weight (no pun intended) as "plus" in women's clothing, and the threshold for "big" is high. A "plus" in women's clothing could mean a 7 or a 14. Trying to figure out women sizes drives me nuts, if feel for those who have to go by the system.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'd like to take this chance to officially start a campaign for women's shirts with wider shoulders.

Healthy people are a bigger drain on the economy. Tennisace only hates fat people because he wants to destroy the US economy.

Wouldn't be surprised if my peach state is weighing down the study. Either way, their life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's also interesting that almost all successful women in the media are not overweight. The whole notion of telling people that they are fine as they are is incredibly flawed. It's time we woke up as a society.
    I agree that we should not be encouraging fat people to love their bodies. It is a dangerous notion and obesity is a huge contributor to almost all of the leading fatal illnesses.

Not sure what you find interesting about successful women in the media having healthy bodies/attractiveness. Seems like common sense to me. Who wants an unhealthy or unattractive woman to represent their company/program?

No wonder they get so many quakes! I have a theory about the butterfly effect; America's last hurricane was due to someone blowing out a birthday cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Really? Do you actually practice what you preach or is it all talk?
    Fuck yea i like em thick. Its been my experience too that they are just generally more fun, less maintenace and easier to please. Skinny thin chicks not as much. Not to say that they cant but just my experience is all.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This will be good. *grabs popcorn*
    We call her corpulent because Crisco would be rude!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Fuck yea i like em thick. Its been my experience too that they are just generally more fun, less maintenace and easier to please. Skinny thin chicks not as much. Not to say that they cant but just my experience is all.
    What does thick mean though? Like the blonde chick who played Harley Quinn? Or more like Serena Williams you're thinking?
    Last edited by Tennis; 2016-09-28 at 02:06 AM.