Proper Mongoose Bite usage

I have a question on how to properly use Mongoose Bite after the opener. I normally get to 6 stacks with Aspect of the Eagle/Snake Hunter into a big Fury of the Eagle. I'm not sure how to use Mongoose Bite during FotE cd. I would normally start saving for 3 stacks when I have like 15s left on FotE to ensure I can get at least a 3+ stack Fury. Other than that, do I normally use it as I get it? Or should I just use Raptor Strike as filler until I get 3 stacks again?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastor View Post
    I have a question on how to properly use Mongoose Bite after the opener. I normally get to 6 stacks with Aspect of the Eagle/Snake Hunter into a big Fury of the Eagle. I'm not sure how to use Mongoose Bite during FotE cd. I would normally start saving for 3 stacks when I have like 15s left on FotE to ensure I can get at least a 3+ stack Fury. Other than that, do I normally use it as I get it? Or should I just use Raptor Strike as filler until I get 3 stacks again?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    It's in Azor's guide at Icy Veins. From what I took of it, never use MB until you are sure you are going to get that 3rd hit gauranteed and never cap them for risk of losing procs, while weaving in your normal rotation (this is where the complexity comes in). Typically, from personal experience after the opener, I wait until I have 2 and as close to getting a 3rd as possible as long as it won't interrupt using other things like Lacerate, E trap, DFG, etc. This means usually somewhere around 2.5 charges I start using MB. Typically it ends up looking something like MB>ET/DFG/TA/Lac>ET/DFG/TA/Lac>MB>ET/DFG/TA/Lac>etc>MB, back to weaving normal rotation, all the while using FS to not focus cap. This gets me 3 stack of MB without missing a chance on a proc and staying with a fluid rotation. Obviously you also FotE on CD WHEN you have at least 3 stacks of MB up.
    Again, very complicated and fun, and I could be doing it completely wrong, just how I took the guide and weaving in other things so they are never off CD for more than .5-1 second as much as I can manage to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It's in Azor's guide at Icy Veins. From what I took of it, never use MB until you are sure you are going to get that 3rd hit gauranteed and never cap them for risk of losing procs, while weaving in your normal rotation (this is where the complexity comes in). Typically, from personal experience after the opener, I wait until I have 2 and as close to getting a 3rd as possible as long as it won't interrupt using other things like Lacerate, E trap, DFG, etc. This means usually somewhere around 2.5 charges I start using MB. Typically it ends up looking something like MB>ET/DFG/TA/Lac>ET/DFG/TA/Lac>MB>ET/DFG/TA/Lac>etc>MB, back to weaving normal rotation, all the while using FS to not focus cap. This gets me 3 stack of MB without missing a chance on a proc and staying with a fluid rotation. Obviously you also FotE on CD WHEN you have at least 3 stacks of MB up.
    Again, very complicated and fun, and I could be doing it completely wrong, just how I took the guide and weaving in other things so they are never off CD for more than .5-1 second as much as I can manage to do so.
    Ah, OK. I was just hitting Mongoose Bite in a row instead of weaving them in. That makes much more sense. I'll have to try it. Is Raptor's Strike not used at all? I've been using it as filler.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastor View Post
    Ah, OK. I was just hitting Mongoose Bite in a row instead of weaving them in. That makes much more sense. I'll have to try it. Is Raptor's Strike not used at all? I've been using it as filler.
    If you take WotM in row 1 you use it for the stacking buff. If you don't have the talent along with SS then don't ever touch the ability. Maybe as an afterthought of you have absolutely nothing, otherwise FS should be your only filler ability as things line up. There's also times where you might get multiple procs with things on CD and then you can spam MB. Again though, I'd check out the guide he wrote and maybe ask in his forum on mmo-c directly, because I could be incredibly wrong and haven't had much time outside of dungeons, and now raids, to really work a lot with it. This is mainly just how I interpreted his guide and what I've done with the limited time I've been able to spend with it.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-09-28 at 02:47 AM.