Right then. Who's still using their Draenor garrison?

Because I am. Easy bank + AH access, plus I still run the table missions for transmog purposes. I still have a bunch of mounts to collect too. And it's kinda nice to hang out somewhere quiet from time-to-time.

That said, I'm no longer using the profession huts, nor exchanging resources. Anyone else out there doing the same?

i do the same and all my clothy alts yet to lvl are sitting there doing there shit daily.

gotta get those 30 slot hexweave bags yo.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Yep. Still get a good income from sumptuous fur across my alts. Just bank resources until the 20/fur trader shows up and then buy out stacks, which are still going for ~1600g on my server.

Yeah that's a good point about bags.

edit...and fur.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I go there occasionally to check the Shipyard missions on one character - I'd like to finish off the achievement for completing all of the Rare missions, and they never seem to show up!

But other than that, I'm done and dusted. I should probably move all the Garrison hearthstones out of my bags and into some corner of the bank.

I still do the HM/BRF/HFC cache to hopefully pick up the odd piece of gear I miss.

I also use the Garrison Hearthstone a lot. Unlike the Dalaran HS, it can be used in combat, so can be useful for getting out of tricky situations twice as fast as a regular HS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to do the shipyard missions, so that I could get the BoA rings. But then I realized my sub was up in 3 days, I had all of one actual shipyard built, canceled my sub and won't be playing WoW anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go back occasionally on my main to check the shipyard as their missions don't pop up in the report window and I would like to get the mount + heirloom drops some day. I also used the fishing hut to level fishing in Legion over a couple of days rather than trying the RNG catch rate of the rare fish and use the quick access to the bank and transmog npcs but aside from that most of my other buildings are unused. Also the traders seem to be bugged for me as I've only had Bronzebeard and Harrison show up the last few weeks.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

1. Garrisons is Dalaran 2.0 for portals, you take portal to Stormshield then go wherever (except pandaland, except who the fuck wants to go there anyway...)
    2. Bank access
    3. Transmog access
    4. AH access (if you built the retardedly expensive thing)
    5. Choice of custom music from music box
    6. Cool environment
    7. Do gear missions, sell gear
    8. Gather mats for sale
    9. Crates of salvage for free gold

It's the shit.
    Last edited by Kul Tiras; 2016-09-28 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    It's convenient for bank and AH access. Don't use it for anything else.

I only use it on my tailor to make bags.

I've got to get over my addiction to the 650 gear tokens from the shipyard. All the alts I'd want to level to 100, thanks to the invasions, already are at 100 and at 700+ iLvl.

I'll probably set up garrisons for my alts (the 8-ish that Legion invasions gifted me with). Forge level 2 + follower (buff that prevents equipment damage, as long as you don't die, for 4 hours). Alchemy Hut level 2 + follower (get either the invisibility potions or the swiftness potions, once per day). Storehouse level 3 (personal bank, guild bank, void storage, transmog). If I chose to go with a level 2 garrison (saving gold to spend elsewhere), I'd probably skip the Alchemy Hut, since my bags are generally full anyway.

Don't know if I'll bother with medium or large buildings, mines/gardens/fishing/menagerie, etc.

On the six that already have fully-upgraded garrisons, I'm mostly concentrating on fur (for bags) and ores (my alts get engineering as a profession, so my engineering-main can learn/make all the toys, and the alts can get a high enough skill level to use them).

But for the love of the Light, if anyone wants an heirloom trinket, or some toys, or some pets, and wants to roll Horde on Dragonblight/Fenris, message me here, and I'll GLADLY dump a bunch of stuff on you... (Gave away my latest mount reward a week or so ago, but probably have 2-7 of each of the other stuff you can get from garrisons and fishing.)

Edit: I wanted to build the AH in my trading post for my main, but the raid and Ashran pieces are outside my price range. (Spent all my garrison "loot pinata," from the portion I was subbed, on a few mounts for me, and getting my wife a hundred or so battle pets. :-)
    Last edited by PragmaticGamer; 2016-09-28 at 05:08 AM.

I use it for the HM/BRF/HFC caches and that's about it.

I haven't used it on any of my characters since the prepatch. Starting to think maybe I should be using my tailor to churn out bags, though! I kind of ignored that, and I'm not even actively doing anything with my tailor.

I've swapped my Draenor garrison for my new Legion one, it looks much nicer though it keeps getting invaded by other players.