Elemental Shaman and Mythic+

Hey folks,

I am thinking of switching to Elemental for mythic + dungeons due to the very inconsistent AOE/Cleave damage and the melee unfriendly environment in the dungeons. Also the knock down of the Earthquake can be very beneficial in large pulls especially if there are casting mobs.

Since the "Buff" to the Elemental spec I was thinking of a heavy cleave build as in dungeons the trash is more important then the boss fights. I haven't spent any points into the elemental artifact weapon yet and I was thinking of taking the Electric Discharge path.

Artifact Build: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...LAMTADExA1RgEA

After that going for the reset of the Golden Traits

Talents Build: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/s...elemental/cATM

Aftershock could be used instead Elemental Mastery.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

I like using aftershock in mythic + a lot. Feels really strong on tough trash packs now that we're able to generate a consistent amount of maelstrom through the chain lightning buff to damage and resource generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I like using aftershock in mythic + a lot. Feels really strong on tough trash packs now that we're able to generate a consistent amount of maelstrom through the chain lightning buff to damage and resource generation.
    I did mythic +7 vault of the wardens last night, EQ is really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    I did mythic +7 vault of the wardens last night, EQ is really strong.
    Nice! Grats dude. We just did Neltharions lair +6 last night and the extra EQ's did not go unnoticed.

I grind dozens of lvl 2-3 keys daily and clear anything up to lvl 10. Rarely can any other dps catch up to me on trash and with the amount of deadly spells that need interrupting in big packs, EQ becomes invaluable. There's no doubt ele is in a very good spot for M+, but sadly I had to swap enhancement to meet the damage requirements in Mythic raids for Ursoc and up.

That said, even tho I have the option of staying enhance, I'm always going to be swapping back to ele for dungeons.
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

OP, if you're focusing on Mythic+, wouldn't you want Liquid Magma Totem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Group Leader: "Hey guys, let's carefully pull each group seperately so we don't wipe."
    Shaman: "lol have a liquid magma, bitch"
    Group Leader: "Does anyone know another DPS that can replace the retard?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    I've never really tried LM for any Mythic + so I will next time but I can't imagine it provides better results than Ascendance. It would be more reliable burst AoE 1 min verse 3 min but the on demand burst ST damage that Ele puts out is hard to pass up. Very few classes can compete with Ele's ST burst in a 2-3 minute window, maybe a really good fire mage.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ele dps is great in m+. Please spread the word i dont want to be declined by retard fotm only group leaders anymore. Lightning rod is best for m+ by far imho.

M+ is all about the trash, so Ascendance is crap. The idea behind LMT is that you use it on rotation with SK on every other pack, providing you with an AOE boost every 30 seconds.