ret trinkets advice

ok atm my ret is using 2 830ilvl trinkets, 1 is 1k str and 800 crit with 1 socket and the other is 1k str 750 versatility, my question is what crits should i replace and with what trinket? oh and on another different topic im like 5k ap from echo of the highlord and was wondering what dps gain does it give?

cheers for any answer given

Deleted
    Get Faulty Countermeasure from Vault of the Wardens (825 or above all do about same damage). Then try and get an equip from a mythic dungeon or heroic raid. Personally running Memento of Angerboa from Maw of Souls and quite happy with it. Faulty Countermeasure popped with Crusade will do crazy DPS most times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Askmrrobot is showing Ursocs paw as BIS and that trinket looks terrible.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklez View Post
    Faulty Countermeasure popped with Crusade will do crazy DPS most times.
    Does anyone know how the Crusade nerf on PTR is going to affect FCM's value? Is it still worth farming it at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Askmrrobot is showing Ursocs paw as BIS and that trinket looks terrible.
    I don't believe that for even a half a second. First off, Faulty Countermeasure is our #1 BiS trinket. And yes, the ilvl on it does matter. Higher ilvl versions give some immense dps.

After that, there's a lot of trinkets competing for the #2 slot that are better than Ursoc's. Unstable Arcanocrystal is BiS, but good luck getting a high ilvl version, because world boss. The Ettin Fingernail is very close to Unstable Arcanocrystal. After that, there's several that are very close to each other. Nightmare Egg Shell, Memento of Angerboda, Hunger of the Pack, even Chrono Shard is decent. Your #2 is pretty gonna be the first high ilvl dungeon trinket you get that isn't shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Does anyone know how the Crusade nerf on PTR is going to affect FCM's value? Is it still worth farming it at this point?
    Considering 7.1 is like 8+ resets away and no changes are final yet, I'd say it's fine to farm for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    the reason FCM is os good for us is that we start smashing away at the boss like like a mad man on cocaine. If i have to guess is that we get roughly the double amount of white swings of while crusade lasts. This allows us to get the proc more often.
    The 7.1 changes take away this interaction between trinket and crusade.
    But as Laurcus said it´s worth farming it. If that pile of shit goes live it would be good to have a horn of valor at your disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    If that pile of shit goes live it would be good to have a horn of valor at your disposal.
    This is good advice, and I would even take it one step further, considering how bad the raid trinkets are all around.

Save your raid trinkets, if you happen to get any, and wait for the inevitable patch where they're all buffed. Once Blizzard realises that nobody's using them, they're gonna do something or the other to them. Once they do, you'll hopefully have the best ones already at hand.
    Last edited by Fatali; 2016-09-28 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't believe that for even a half a second. First off, Faulty Countermeasure is our #1 BiS trinket. And yes, the ilvl on it does matter. Higher ilvl versions give some immense dps.

After that, there's a lot of trinkets competing for the #2 slot that are better than Ursoc's. Unstable Arcanocrystal is BiS, but good luck getting a high ilvl version, because world boss. The Ettin Fingernail is very close to Unstable Arcanocrystal. After that, there's several that are very close to each other. Nightmare Egg Shell, Memento of Angerboda, Hunger of the Pack, even Chrono Shard is decent. Your #2 is pretty gonna be the first high ilvl dungeon trinket you get that isn't shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering 7.1 is like 8+ resets away and no changes are final yet, I'd say it's fine to farm for it.
    I never said it was. Just saying thats what amr says.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I never said it was. Just saying thats what amr says.
    I understand, I just didn't want any less informed players to see that and think that Ursoc's is good. From all the sims I've looked at, it is the best EN trinket, but it's still not as good as many dungeon trinkets at equivalent ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    ...but it's still not as good as many dungeon trinkets at equivalent ilvl.
    most don´t even have to be close... as long as it is purple it´s a save bet it is better or at least on par.

What about the static trinkets you get from WQs, how do they sim? The ones with Strength + static haste/crit/mastery/vers.

Deleted
    try to compare them to the instance trinkets to get a relative raiting. e.g. chaos nexus is pretty similar to the str/haste WQ trinket or thrill of the hunt is pretty much str/crit. in most cases they are close or even a little better on the same ilvl

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njay View Post
    What about the static trinkets you get from WQs, how do they sim? The ones with Strength + static haste/crit/mastery/vers.
    For what it's worth, I am using two (a mastery one and a vers one), they both sim higher than my 840 Mark of Dargrul, my 840 Memento of Angerboda and my 855 Giant Ornamental Pearl.