Solo level 100 Shaman 7.0.3 - 25 man heroic firelands guide

I have always enjoyed the shaman class since vanilla. I quit playing seriously years ago but spent some gold on a 1 month sub on my crappy laptop and farted around a bit. Trying to solo 25 man heroic cata raids. I never raided in cata so this is all new so it provides a unique look at the raids for new soloers. I tried Bastion of Twilight and Halfus wrecked me repeatedly so I gave up. I moved on to Firelands and success...but its tricky!

So here is a guide for Enhance Shaman - Ilvl 663
    Talents: earthen spike, crashing storm, tempest, lightning shield, windsong, rest dont matter

1. Shannox - I opened with Shannox and this is a pretty tricky boss for Enhancement. First of all, this is a boss that only spawns when you kill enough trash. As you kill trash, broadcasts will go out in the form of a trumpet horn and some flavor text. The first two are warnings. On the third trumpet blast, Shannox will spawn at the gate leading to Ragnaros' island. Shannox and his two dog adds will begin to pat in a large circle counterclockwise on the map around the zone along the road. Since you must kill trash to spawn him, its best to kill trash on the road in a counterclockwise path from the gate to give you room to fight Shannox. As for the right, there is a big problem - one of the dogs (Rageface) will begin to permastun a non-tank about 10 seconds into the fight. The way to break the stun is to deal enough damage to Rageface to cause him to stop. But when you solo as a nontank, it just means you are permastunned until you die. So here is how we deal with this. Open the fight by attacking Rageface. Blow all CDs except feral spirit (your 2 dog pets). Count 10 seconds. At 10 seconds, use feral spirit. The dogs will also hit Rageface. Rageface will stun you and your feral spirits will keep hitting him and break you out of the stun. Now kill Rageface quickly before he restuns you. Killing Rageface will enrage Shannox. He will do hefty damage after he enrages but I was able to heal it while DPSing him until Shannox died.

2. Bethilac - I had trouble finding the route up the mountains to get to this spider boss. There are two paths, one is a dead end. The other leads thru some trash. Just kill the trash on the way and get to Bethilac. On aggro, Bethilac climbs up onto a web platform high above you. Some large spiders shimmy down from there on lava web strands and hang above you. Use lightning bolt to kill one of those spiders. The corpse will hit the ground and become a vehicle you can hop onto. When you do, your toon shimmys up to the platform where you can DPS the boss. I'm not sure but you eventually get knocked off the platform for some reason back to the ground and its a lot of fall damage. I heal back up then kill another spider and go back up. Eventually Bethilac will jump down to the ground and just kill it there.

3. Lord Rhyolith - This is a big magma golem. You can attack its left foot or right foot. I just kept attacking the left foot. At some point, he sheds his armor and is a magma elemental. Kill that. Done.

4. Alysrazor - Fire bird boss - I'm on a crappy laptop and this is a graphically intense fight with fire and smoke all over the place that gags my computer. (As I said I haven't seriously played in years). Unfortunately, particle density needs to be turned to at least fair to see the fire rings well, otherwise everything else is minimum. You have to kill 4 fire druids, 2 fire birds on the ground, and also kill 2 piles of eggs that hatch little fire chickens. Whatever. Then you get to Staghelm who talks a lot and leaves and then Alysrazor spawns. You open by watching the ground for a string of feathers Alyrazor drops. Grab 3 feathers which will fill your "feather meter" at the bottom center of your screen and you will fly for 30 seconds. You can DPS Alyrazor while flying. Alyrazor belches out ONE fire ring that lasts maybe 5 seconds before dissipating. You must fly through the fire ring to reset to 30 second timer. It also provides you with 1 stack of a crazy DPS buff. You can get 6 stacks. If you keep missing rings and the timer runs out, you fall to the ground, so keep an eye on the timer because if it expires you can die from fall damage. Alysrazor also belches out 3 dark smoke clouds that gag my computer's graphics card, which makes it almost impossible for me to steer into the rings in 5 seconds. Setting particle density to fair makes it doable but its tough. Now, it is recommend that at 6 stacks of the DPS buff, you fly to the NEXT boss (Baleroc) and use the stacks to kill him fast. Baleroc has a low chance to do an move called Decimation Blade which will kill you. The longer that fight takes, the greater the chance he uses it. So we use the DPS buff to kill Baleroc quickly. Then go back to Alyrazor and kill it.

5. Baleroc - discussed in the Alyrazor fight.

Now enter the gate Baleroc was guarding. There is an orb on a pedestal to your right. Click it and click the flavor text and a cinematic will start (cancel the cinematic). A bridge will slowly spawn. Cross the bridge. There is a hoop of vines to your right on the other side. This is a portal to the raid entrance (where another hoop of vines is).

6. Fandral Staghelm - Fandral himself is straight DPS, altho there some fire druid adds that caused by FPS to drop quite a bit with huge fire explosions. They cast this fire explosion AoE on the ground and they stack so periodically kite Fandral around the platform to get out of the fire. At a lot of stacks, my computer slows down to like 5 FPS and Im taking a lot of damage. I healed a lot.

7. Ragnaros - You enter the castle and there is one silly trash mob on the road. Kill that. There are two worm trash mobs on either side of the road. Kill them. Ragnaros is floating in his magma pool. I start by walking to the far right of the pool and dpsing him there. The reason is he will drop Magma Trap. Focus on watching for the broadcast that he is about to cast magma Trap while DPSing him. After the broadcast, it will start to form under your feet after a few seconds. I walk slight to the left. The pool will stay there the whole fight. Avoid it because it will launch you into the air and you will die from fall damage. DPS him just to the left of that pool so that the next pool spawns next to the first one. This keeps the room tidy and easier to navigate. A different broadcast will go out and that will be a move where he drops his hammer down right on top of where you are standing, so move to the left a little bit again when you see that broadcast. After he picks his hammer back up, move back to where the hammer dropped. he also will dive undermagma and throw his hammer on the ground, then fire elementals will spawn and float to the hammer and explode for AoE damage when they touch it. The AoE does no damage so ignore this phase. Just sit and wait. Then he comes back up from the lava and grabs his hammer and the fight starts again. Once his HP drops enough he grows legs and walks out of the lava. This is tricky because a huge molten boulder will appear and slowly roll towards you, it knocks you back quite a ways and it CAN knock you off the platform into the lava and you die. So make sure you angle yourself so that when it hits you, it doesn't knock you off. Keep DPSing until dead.

And that is 25 man heroic Firelands (with special tactics for enhance shaman). Yields about 1500g.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2016-09-28 at 11:22 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't think you need a guide for firelands lol.. just.. pew pew

Even in WoD it was a faceroll with those dmg multiplier buffs that came along with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think ur a few weeks to late mate for an lvl 100 guide
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a Shaman soloing guide on the stickies, maybe you should place this there.