Deleted

Elemental buffs to change set talents from icy-veins?

hello everybody, thank you for reading and answering to this thread in advance, this is my first post, so please, do go easy on me

My question to everybody reading this thread is for the following talents : Ascendance/Lightning Rod and Storm Elemental/Elemental Mastery
    now, by doing a quick check on icy-veins it is very quickly noticed that BEFORE the recent buffs to storm elemental and lightning the default setup was Ascendance + Elemental Mastery. i have put no testing yet in the new storm elemental and lightning rod but if anyone has, what were your results and how do they compare with the standard pre-buff ascendance+elemental mastery?

Additionally as a note, does the added mastery bonus make mastery any better than it was before?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofak8 View Post
    hello everybody, thank you for reading and answering to this thread in advance, this is my first post, so please, do go easy on me

My question to everybody reading this thread is for the following talents : Ascendance/Lightning Rod and Storm Elemental/Elemental Mastery
    now, by doing a quick check on icy-veins it is very quickly noticed that BEFORE the recent buffs to storm elemental and lightning the default setup was Ascendance + Elemental Mastery. i have put no testing yet in the new storm elemental and lightning rod but if anyone has, what were your results and how do they compare with the standard pre-buff ascendance+elemental mastery?

Additionally as a note, does the added mastery bonus make mastery any better than it was before?
    I believe Lightning Rod has now overtaken Ascendance for a decent length fight, but obviously Ascendance is still there if you want the burst. Storm Elemental is still worse than Elemental Mastery, but the gap has closed. I did some target dummy testing which seemed to confirm this, although sims are more reliable with the larger sample size so I'd believe them. Similarly, I'm pretty sure mastery is still not better than haste or crit, it's just not as bad as it was so it's not as big a burden having it on your gear.