Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Ret] How the heck?

Look at rank 1 and 2 heroic nythendra on warcraft logs.
    I can't post links

www warcraftlogs com/reports/J4Rp2NYLv7FKZdbg#fight=25&type=damage-done&source=2

How is his TV hitting for 650k on avg, with like 450k dps?

Any way to check how many teammates died? Retribution could account for that.

Could be. He only has it up for like 20% of the fight though. No way that makes TV do 650k on avg on its own.

posted this in the other thread

Ok so something is up. That dude is hitting 600k Templars verdict normal and critting for 1.5mil at the start of the fight. Thats no retribution buff. His average hits over the fight are 620k for templars verdict....

Maybe if he had the legendary cape i would think it was ok, but he doesnt even have that. Doesnt have echo either.

thought maybe he had high crit with his crit food and used virtue's blade but he was using blade of wrath.

what gives.

Has to be some sort of bug, right?

Deleted
    Retribution got buffed big time this week.

I am happy for you guuuuys

A good friend of mine plays retribution and he is really happy about it. According to him probably the best dps specc in the game right now !

There's a bug, its been discussed in discord and relayed to blizzard, but no one is sure on what is causing it. Apparently it has been happened since the beta, but the community could never track down the root cause and it apparently hasn't been fixed on the dev end either

what is the bug? is it something to do with the retribution buff?

Is there any reason Ret is so relevant on Nythendra, or is it just the bug in question?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfighter View Post
    There's a bug, its been discussed in discord and relayed to blizzard, but no one is sure on what is causing it. Apparently it has been happened since the beta, but the community could never track down the root cause and it apparently hasn't been fixed on the dev end either
    Is the paladin discord public? if so, is there a link to it?
    Last edited by arrav; 2016-09-29 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingbangpow View Post
    what is the bug? is it something to do with the retribution buff?
    I'm sure it's the bug with the cloak. My TV is consistently critting for 1.3 mil at max Crusade. I see TVs on some logs that are 4.4mil. That is simply impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm sure it's the bug with the cloak. My TV is consistently critting for 1.3 mil at max Crusade. I see TVs on some logs that are 4.4mil. That is simply impossible.
    I've crit for 1.1mil at max crusade and im like 848 ilvl. That's not what is making them do so much damage. Their average templar verdict is like 600k over the entire fight, and their burst is for up to 2 million. It has to be some sort of exploit.

edit: with no cloak

The fellow with 800k+ DPS is no longer showing on warcraft logs top 10 list.
    Last edited by arrav; 2016-09-29 at 05:17 AM.

www warcraftlogs com/reports/cwzKRJVGqmA3B27t#fight=23&type=damage-done&source=1

That's his logs. 1.64m average TV, insane.

To be fair, I was pushing my buttons really, really hard last night.

so what happened wazy for reals.

because all the non informed are blaming the legendary cloak and you guys are gonna get it nerfed for no reason.

Honestly I'm not sure if it's necesarily the cape. I got it the night before and pulled 274k on heroic Xavius. The only change I made was getting an 865 ilvl world trinket with str/crit before raid, did normal xavius and pulled 298k, went into mythic Nythendra and BAM 2.5 million burst.

Edit: Mythic Nythedra specific bug maybe?

And by bug, I mean "working as intended, sorry about Cata. And MoP. And WoD."
    Last edited by Wazy; 2016-09-29 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    mindcontrol blessing of might on nythendra? only thing i can think of

No, zero mind controls during burst, let alone the high sustained dps.

Another poster in a different thread said there's a bug where multiple retribution buffs were sometimes being applied permanently. So basically you had a huge damage % modifier the entire fight which makes sense considering all the logs show is higher all around damage to all of your abilities.

Well my issue with that theory was that I was pulling those numbers from the first pull on, before anyone had actually died, unless the game decided to give me 20 retribution buffs for no reason just for entering the instance.