so this just happened

i joined random heroic as a tank, nelths lair, pull the first pack of scorpions while people are loading, everything goes as usual.
    then i proceed to pull the two worms that teleport away and switch target, i used to pull the rest of the room with them but it usually resulted in a giant mess so i stopped doing that, but this time there were some overzealous dps and they pulled it all. ok no problem, it was a mess as expected but we managed.
    as im fighting the last basilisk that someone accidentally pulled i notice people in chat asking where the fuck am i, and the boss rp starts. so me and the dh that stayed behind finish the last mob and start running to the boss, which ofcourse gets pulled immediately after the rp ends. mage naturally has highest burst, and so as im jumping down i see him get aggro off the overzealous dk that pulled, and die, obviously i dont want to waste time swimming in the pool so i heroic leap mid air right on the bosses face, taunt, turn him away from everyone and start doing my rotation, in the meantime mage gets ress from the resto druid, and boom, im kicked from the group and have 28 minutes of deserter debuff.
    good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be kicked during a fight and while in combat.

Also, and I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure you don't get deserter when you get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Also, and I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure you don't get deserter when you get kicked.
    You do get deserter when people kick you (which is good), but you definitely can't be kicked during combat (which sucks).
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Nice story, too bad it's not possible to happen in reality. As mentioned, you can't be kicked during combat.

You can definitely be kicked in combat if the vote to kick was initiated before combat started.

EX: Combat ends, they initiate vote to kick, new combat starts, vote passes, you get kicked in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I thought it was allowed these days, but even if it's not, it does happen. So I'm not sure whether it's a bug or a feature, but you can get kicked in combat.

OP: At least you know they wiped

I do not know do groups work differently now, than they did back in WoD, but I remember several occations, that players were kicked like during Archimonde or what not during the fight.

Could be ofc, that they have reverted this change at the launch of Legion.

What about when you are dead? even if there is a combat going on, "you", while dead, are not in combat, can you initiate a kick?

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe that you can be kicked as long as the vote occurs prior to the combat starting.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this event transpired exactly as the OP stated.

It sounds like you're not aware that you can just skip all that first trash by just running through it all and jumping down. However that doesn't excuse their treatment of you and hey should have informed you of that before they decided to do it.

I'd be interested to see the other 4 sides of this tale of woe.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    It sounds like you're not aware that you can just skip all that first trash by just running through it all and jumping down. However that doesn't excuse their treatment of you and hey should have informed you of that before they decided to do it.
    i was indeed not aware of that, but nobody skipped any trash anyway, so this wasnt the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I'm sure this event transpired exactly as the OP stated.
    i totally get you, i wouldnt believe this either, if i wasnt the op

also just to clarify im not mad or anything, i just had to share the tale to get it off my mind and move on. obviously what happened is that the 3 guys rushing ahead didnt notice the dh pulled one of the basilisks and went down to the boss expecting me to be right behind them. now that i wasnt there it probably looked like im slacking, especially in the eyes of people who pull the whole room, and so i got booted.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-09-28 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    unfortunate end for the tank, when its not even their fault. toxicity is rising amongst pugs.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I thought it was allowed these days, but even if it's not, it does happen. So I'm not sure whether it's a bug or a feature, but you can get kicked in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I believe that you can be kicked as long as the vote occurs prior to the combat starting.
    True, if it started before combat, yes, you can be booted, I didn't think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    unfortunate end for the tank, when its not even their fault. toxicity is rising amongst pugs.
    I experienced some of this today. I told my group I needed a sec; my partner had text me with an important work-related message that I had to respond to. I return, no more than 30 seconds later, to see a paladin taking on the boss (and almost dying). Right after the group kicked him even though I said no, for the reason of "not the tank".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Rising? No, this is pretty much how it always has been.
    I feel there was a sort of nice period of 3 weeks there at the start of legion where most people were generally pleasant / willing to forgive mistakes & were for the most part civil. now its descending back to how its always been..
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Nothing is fool proof, and things get abused - No way around it.

True, if it started before combat, yes, you can be booted, I didn't think about that.

Another thing to add is if ur in a dungeon when the dungeon daily resets you will be kicked out.

Was doing VoW Heroic the other day for a tank bag, last boss was at 30% and we all got kicked out. It happen due to the dungeon daily resetting and I think that's stupid as hell.

This did not happen before Legion and it screwed me out of a tank bag
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD