Boomkin: Starsurge doesn't proc Moon and Stars... Intended?

As the title says, while I am incarnated moonfire and sunfire (instant casts) grant me a stack of moon and stars (Second golden artifact trait). However whenever I cast starsurge I do not get a stack of moon and stars. All the tooltip says is, "Each harmful spell you cast grants you 1% haste." Seems like quite a big bug, especially if you have legendary helmet and are wasting every other cast on a spell that doesn't grant you a stack.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I posted this pretty hastily, and after a little more testing, it does in fact not give me a stack for starsurge casts ONLY when I have legendary helmet equipped. Even if this is intended, the first starsurge that requires the full AP cost should still grant a stack, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Final addition to this, it is not only when I have the legendary helm equipped when I lose out on a stack of starsurge, it is when I cast a starsurge at the end of an actual cast time. For whatever reason as both projectiles are travelling towards the boss they only count as one hit. Surely not intended.
    Last edited by Thirstytiger; 2016-09-28 at 09:00 PM.

Starsurge following LS/SW hardcasted doesnt give a stack (Following MoonMoon idk right now). Its pretty annoying, it messes with the opening Bloodlust rotation.

Seems like a bug, but no blue post responded yet. There isnt a big awareness for this problem i think, rarely you find a forum post about it.