Brewmaster tier 18 nerfs

(Brewmaster) Set bonuses for the Battlewrap of the Hurricane’s Eye (Tier 18) have been adjusted:

2 pieces: Increases the chance for your Gift of the Ox to summon a Healing Sphere by 2% (was 5%).
    3% would be better, but ok

4-pieces: Every time you gather a Healing Sphere, the remaining cooldowns of your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew are reduced by 1 second (was 5 seconds).
    Very understandable, 5 seconds could effectively during heavy damage fights make Ironskin Brew/Purifying have almost no cooldowns

Just a shame they seem to want us to either stack Ironskin brew via Black Ox Brew or Blackout Combo dance...

Currently I'll start a fight via 3 stacks of iron brew then 4th via key smash/tiger palm then Black Ox Brew for 3 more charges of Ironskin giving me around 34-40 seconds of Ironskin then Purifying brew/ironskin brew dance from there as required. Which means Relics with Ironskin brew duration become really valuable (Halls of Valor mythic, I'm lookin at you...)

Just wish Blizzard wasn't forcing us to stack Ironskin brew as the go to strat.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a legacy WoD set, chill out dude.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason you're concerned with the balance of last expansions tier? It only mattered for a few weeks in August, and even then everything was so nerfed it didn't really matter.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I bet he can't read and assumed it had to do with current gear.

I'm curious why they nerfed a last expansion tier item? It's not like it was breaking anything?

To those that say "what does it matter?" -- I'm inclined to ask, indeed, what does it matter? Why nerf it in the first place? O_o

Literaly the only brewmaster that mattered on the logs in mythic was using the 4 set and got better numbers than his co tank which was a guardian druid, that's why this change came

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=128

The change makes sense but it makes one wonder why he had to use the 4set
    Last edited by Ray3andrei; 2016-09-29 at 05:43 AM.

Deleted
    He doesn't has to use, he uses it, becaus it was good. And why the fuck is he using deadly grace potions?

Isn't there a "legacy set' affix that renders previous expansions' sets inactive? Or does it not apply to WoD?

Brewmaster gets almost no benefit from agility. You don't need the stamina either, as you have far, far more EHP than you need. After that, it's easy to see that the set bonus is worth far more brews than the secondary stats you lose would generate.

My buddy and I both dabble into the BrM play from time to time and neither of us were enjoying the fast-paced, full-on twitch style in which you have to manage IB/PB as fast as you possibly can to keep your stagger values low. The fact this guy found a way to use a lower tier set to play directly into that doesn't surprise me in the least. They shouldn't nerf the Tier 18 set though, they should fix the BrM spec. We are way too dependent on IB/PB spam and need more passive mitigation and slower stagger ticks (something like that, anyway). At least from a high level, been MW this expansion and only dabbled in BrM, so I'm not an authority by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Isn't there a "legacy set' affix that renders previous expansions' sets inactive? Or does it not apply to WoD?
    There is, though it's not turned on for T18. I'm sure it's because HFC is still the latest source of any tier-gear. Raiders coming back to Legion from WoD will be able to at least take that gear and its effects through questing and leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3 people left still playing BrMs were like "huh?" upon reading that.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama