Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Two day weekends
    Friday after 4-5 in the afternoon once you get off work/school, the whole of Saturday, and the whole of Sunday. More than two days as far as I can see. But, yeah, only two days of drinking.

Also, completely off-topic but since we're on the subject of weeks... Monday is the first day of the week. Monday is. Not Sunday. Who even came up with the ridiculous notion that Sunday starts the week? Like, what the hell? That makes no sense whatsoever. The "weekday" -part of the week is Monday through Friday work hours, and the "weekend" -part of the week starts on Friday after work hours and ends on Sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    One place I worked we got every other weekend off by working 9 hour days I think? Those extra hours at the end of the day can really drag. I noticed I was saving vacation time cause of all the 3 day weekends so there was that.

That depends on your job though. If it's monotonous then it's more likely to drag. If you dislike your coworkers then it's more likely to drag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Heh that made me chuckle.
    I am asking because it seems like a good idea and I am pondering working at a place that offers such arrangements.

I currently work 4 10s and it's going to suck if I ever have to go back to 5 8s.

Shit, I'd work 3 12s if it was an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    I currently work 4 10s and it's going to suck if I ever have to go back to 5 8s.

Shit, I'd work 3 12s if it was an option.
    What type of company do you work for?

Audio-Visual supply company. I do office administration. A little accounting, a little purchasing, a little shipping/receiving.

I would like this, but I'm a SME for top consulting firm, so I kinda have to be here maxcap.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

All directly employeed engineers here work 4 10s. The contractors who get paid by the hour do the same and then usually also work 10 on Fridays.

I enjoy it. I usually work 8 on Monday, 10 on Tuesday, 12 on Wednesday, then 10 on Thursday. I can divvy it up however I want as long as I'm here for "core business hours" from 9-3.
    Last edited by Nengal; 2016-09-29 at 02:52 PM.

my favourite shifts were 3 on 3 off 12 hour shifts. work monday to wednesday then back to work Sunday. Sometimes the days dragged but you are only working half the month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the way I work: no strict schedule, and, as long as you attend all the weekly meetings and produce consistent research results, you are pretty much working at your leisure.

Personally, I work any time from 5 to 9 hours a day, depending on how much I want done this particular week. Sometimes I take days off when I feel burned out, but that doesn't happen often, as the work isn't too hard and is exciting enough to never really be burned out!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My shifts are different than a lot of people and since my job falls under Federal Hours of Service and Federal Rest Laws I can get four day weekends quite frequently if I work six days straight.

Basically each job number where I work has different days off -- For example let's use Job 19 that has Monday and Tuesday off and Job 29 that has Friday and Saturday off.

If I start my week on Job 29 and work it from Sunday to Tuesday and then on Wednesday jump to Job 19 and work that til Friday when I clock out on Friday I'm forced to take the next 48 hours off by Federal Law. Since Job 19 has Monday and Tuesday off I end up off til Wednesday. It doesn't earn me any extra paid time off but it's nice when you need a breather of consecutive 12+ hour shifts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    My shifts are different than a lot of people and since my job falls under Federal Hours of Service and Federal Rest Laws I can get four day weekends quite frequently if I work six days straight.

Basically each job number where I work has different days off -- For example let's use Job 19 that has Monday and Tuesday off and Job 29 that has Friday and Saturday off.

If I start my week on Job 29 and work it from Sunday to Tuesday and then on Wednesday jump to Job 19 and work that til Friday when I clock out on Friday I'm forced to take the next 48 hours off by Federal Law. Since Job 19 has Monday and Tuesday off I end up off til Wednesday. It doesn't earn me any extra paid time off but it's nice when you need a breather of consecutive 12+ hour shifts.
    Are you unionized? How much paid vacation do you get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are you unionized? How much paid vacation do you get?
    Yes I'm unionized. I get 3 weeks of paid vacation time a year. I can choose to take those as full weeks or as single days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    my favourite shifts were 3 on 3 off 12 hour shifts. work monday to wednesday then back to work Sunday. Sometimes the days dragged but you are only working half the month.
    What about the health impacts of a 12 hour work day though.