Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Kind of disappointed with the mechanics of Xavius, expecially after WoD, were every last boss except Archimonde (imo) was really well designed and good fun.
    Xavius is just stand still and DPS, throughout the whole encounter...

The problem here is that Cenarius and Il'gynoth are harder than Xavius.
    I've read somewhere that they said that Xavius wasn't doing some of the stuff written in the journal, do we have any confirmation about it?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hum....one guild did it while 11 are at 5/7 and less than 400 guilds have more than 1/7. I get what you say, a kill next week wouldn't have caused as many tuning complaints, but did he fall like a one legged chair because 20 exceptionally dedicated guys killed him?

Ofc estimating how it should be on heroic is a bit harder and going back further into x-pacs even more so.
    It's hard to say now. I mean the other guilds went to sleep thinking they were participating in a marathon. When they woke up it turns the race was a sprint and its over. They weren't racing for second place so why rush it now?

I also think any time an end mythic boss falls in the first week its a tuning failure, let alone the first day. Strats on a boss whose mechanics were "hidden" should have taken a little time to perfect and then the gear check should have decided the time to the kill and that time should not have been <24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by exaflare View Post
    Who says it's not hard?

Heroic mode content will remain hard for those who are at that skill level.

Mythic is still plenty hard enough for those at that skill level.

Remember you want more people playing the game and geared up, it means there are more people to carry you through mythic+ dungeons.
    People who find Heroic Xavius hard will not be carrying any mythic+ dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Blizzard really missed the mark with tuning this expansion don't you think?

Feels like they underestimated the cumulative effect of every third item titanforging on people's ilvls.

Other comparisons:
    221 Heroic Archimonde kills first week.
    509 Heroic Blackhand kills first week.
    940 Normal Garrosh kills first week.
    664 Normal Lei Shen kills first week.
    1397 Normal Will of the Emperor kills first week.
    1315 Normal Ragnaros kills first week.
    225 Yogg-Saron kills first week.
    276 Normal Lich King kills first week.
    that could also mean that there are more people playing the game. didn't consider that, huh?

Deleted
    Gear aside, Xavius is just straight up a easier fight. Cenarius was noticeably harder than him as well. There isn't much for me to say, mechanically Xavius is a very simple fight, and there isn't any outstanding mechanic that could really wipe you.

I do enjoy the fight though, which is an important factor to me. I enjoyed it more than Imperator, but Imperator was a lot tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by exaflare View Post
    Who says it's not hard?

Heroic mode content will remain hard for those who are at that skill level.

Mythic is still plenty hard enough for those at that skill level.

Remember you want more people playing the game and geared up, it means there are more people to carry you through mythic+ dungeons.
    At 850 heroic felt easy. 850 is at the level of heroic progression.

I'm sure Mythic will be a bit more difficult but heroic was a bit of a let down in comparison to Highmaul.

Blizzard doesn't even use the term "tier", its mostly a player concept to classify the raids.
    Sure they do; The item sets dropping in the Nighthold are called tier 19 by blizzard. Hellfire citadel sets were tier 18; both have been referenced in blue posts or patch notes in the last 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    False they said they wanted nighthold to be a different tier. That's why there is a 15 ilvl gap and we are getting a extra 3 bosses to this tier in 7.1.
    no tier set = not a different tier. nothing to discuss you'd be stupid to think otherwise.

Deleted
    Even with more hp on xavius mythic, I don't think it could live up to imperator mythic. It lacked on a mechanical level, not really a tuning level.

But it's ok, this raid is going to be forgotten as soon as Nighthold opens up anyway, just like nobody really remember highmaul after BRF.

Deleted
    Blizzard apparently forgot to tune for people having 865+ gear the week the raids started. So many legendaries, so much split farming, so many people with good RNG.

Let's hope they learn their lesson for the next raid that people will go through immense length.

I have a feeling that, since they didn't want to repeat the HM-BF scenario over again, they intended that EN be easier so more guilds "complete" progression before Nighthold, so less guilds are progressing still on Mythic. That way they can pump up the difficulty on Nighthold since there is probably gonna be around 5-6 months between that and Tier 20.

I think as others have mentioned, gear was much easier to come by this time around, especially with the WF / TF chance.

Also Xavius seems infinitely simpler than a lot of other end bosses, but that is just a personal opinion.

Xavius abilities on hc should deal a lot more damge. You can play pretty careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Well they didn't fail to tune. Heroic is tuned to be completed in Normal mode Gear. Most people had Normal mode Gear or higher from Mythics.

Remember Mythic dungeons weren't a thing when all those other bosses you listed were fought, except for Archimonde where people already had better gear from Heroic/Mythic BRF.
    This.

10chars

Although

1962 Mythic Kargath Bladefist kills first week.
    1631 Mythic Nythendra kills first week.

Although

1962 Mythic Kargath Bladefist kills first week.
    1631 Mythic Nythendra kills first week.
    Its no secret that Kargath was by far the easiest mythic boss ever.

There's also the concern of people actively playing the game. We have no sub figures to know if there's as many people playing in Legion as in WOD - without that information, it's hard to draw conclusions (although I'd say that Nythendra is probably on par with the mid-highmaul bosses in difficulty for the average group - think twin orgrons/tectus/brackenspore etc).

Deleted
    Blizzard really missed the mark with tuning this expansion don't you think?

Feels like they underestimated the cumulative effect of every third item titanforging on people's ilvls.

Other comparisons:
    221 Heroic Archimonde kills first week.
    509 Heroic Blackhand kills first week.
    940 Normal Garrosh kills first week.
    664 Normal Lei Shen kills first week.
    1397 Normal Will of the Emperor kills first week.
    1315 Normal Ragnaros kills first week.
    225 Yogg-Saron kills first week.
    276 Normal Lich King kills first week.

Unless you know the active raiding player base then these numbers mean nothing. There is also group finder in the game now, making all content way more accessable. That being said, the instance is a fucking joke and a real slap in the face to the raiding playerbase. We have over a year of no content, and this is what we get.

I thought that H Imperator was really overtuned. Like it was way easier to just do the first 2 mythic bosses than H Imperator. I thought they should have tuned him down slightly and slightly tuned up the Kargath and Twin Orgron.