Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to beat 95% DPS performance in Warcraftlogs

Good day guys!

I'm confuse about the ilvl DPS performance criteria used by warcraftlogs.

In Legion i couldn't beat 95% yet.

Someone can explain what I'm doing wrong?

Some Example logs:

Ursoc Normal - /reports/kd9jnZCQVRvhpzMW#fight=5&type=damage-done
    Il'gynoth Normal - /reports/jLhwBk4GYvH3Vb1Z#fight=2&type=damage-done

Thanks!

Deleted
    well it looks like you had no big flask, no food, and you used WoD pots, no satyr enchantment... etc etc.

this adds up, you wont get 95% without that, or at least most of it.

So i can conclude it is not a skill issue?

Probally if i get up legion flask, food and pot i'll beat it?

Unless I've misunderstood it, 95% would mean you did more DPS than 95% of players at your item level, in your spec.

So, if you want to get closer to 100%, it's a matter of buffs, itemization, obviously skill and finally luck. On the luck part, if you want to be the best out of thousands of parses you kind of need all the stars to align, great crit streaks, a raid that happens to finish a fight in close alignment with your cooldown timing, etc.
    Last edited by lawyered; 2016-09-30 at 01:29 PM.

It can be in your ilvl, but generally when people I've played with talk about it it's overall.

Maybe that's a strange case but there is so much cheese that can go on in smaller brackets that no one really cared.

Edit:Realized reading other threads that I am very likely wrong and people do look at the 3 ilvl brackets. I apologize.

@OP - You don't just do the fight and get over 95th. At that point you know the ins and outs of your class, you have perfected the rotation, you're finding windows to squeeze out as much damage as possible, you might even pad a bit on adds.

In addition to that, you need to be using consumables and have well itemiEd gear. Because someone else in your bracket is and you have to beat 95% of them.
    Last edited by Albimoo; 2016-09-29 at 05:31 PM.

I don't mind with overall ranking because i know that i'm low ilvl and it will be impossible to beat 95% of them.

In this moment i'm comparing my performance with another balance druids in the same ilvl to understand what i missed and improve my skill.

I guess the only way to do it is using legion enchants and consumables.

#offtopic - Here in Goldrinn it's really really expensive =/

I had 99% at healing does this mean I did 99% more healing then the other rdruids of my ilvl? I'm a bit confused about what it means.

No.

It means you beat 99% of them at healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Importante to know there are two different parses - Global parse (against all healers comparasion ) and ilvl parse (against your ilvl healers comparasion).

Quote Originally Posted by CeeJayBR View Post
    No.

It means you beat 99% of them at healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Importante to know there are two different parses - Global parse (against all healers comparasion ) and ilvl parse (against your ilvl healers comparasion).
    Oh yeah that's what I meant (sorry bad word choice in my last post, my english sucks :P) Okay thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeJayBR View Post
    I don't mind with overall ranking because i know that i'm low ilvl and it will be impossible to beat 95% of them.

In this moment i'm comparing my performance with another balance druids in the same ilvl to understand what i missed and improve my skill.

I guess the only way to do it is using legion enchants and consumables.

#offtopic - Here in Goldrinn it's really really expensive =/
    Thing is that the biggest difference between 90% and 95%+ is luck that comes from crit and not getting targeted too often by mechanic etc.. but there is also your whole raid dps.

If the fight aligns with your cd ending, you will get your highest peak, but if the fight ends right before you used your cd, you lose out a lot.

Also, the ranking are not perfect for comparison. For example, I did good in my last raid, but since there were less than a 100 boomkin with the same range of ilvl that I had, I had a poor percentile. The ilvl I got is caused by a bad 895 ring which is the same ilvl as legendary that bring so much more dmg and make comparison a little more difficult.

Deleted
    you can't "beat" healing loool and i would normaly say that having a higher % on ursoc means your a crap healer. i mean afteralll its a dps test, i got 97% as resto healer in DAMAGE.

anyway rankings have always been rigged, it depends mostly on the speed of the encounter. so usually a better geared guild willl always outperform a less,

The 95% is nothing you're likely to succeed at, if you do then you'll most likely be in one of the guilds racing for world firsts in the upcoming raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    The 95% is nothing you're likely to succeed at, if you do then you'll most likely be in one of the guilds racing for world firsts in the upcoming raids.
    that is so wrong, world of logs splits people up in ilvl. so they pretty much can, especially when this guy links normal. i used to rank all the time when i play boomie.

its just that i cba on resto, 24/7 snipe healing people before other people heals them. nah.. call me lazy but its too much overhealiing done and mana cost.

Deleted
    Without a group capable of beating a set performance, your individual performance wont reach that high in meters.
    When each of your group delivers high, your personal perfomance automatically rises. Just because a fight gets shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by lawyered View Post
    ...a raid that happens to finish a fight in close alignment with your cooldown timing, etc.
    This is a huge factor, along with total fight duration. The faster your raid can kill a boss, the higher uptime you'll have on Bloodlust and potions, which obviously results in a significantly higher average DPS. Many times, the better your raid is overall, the better individual DPS rankings will be too.

It can be the opposite for healer rankings as fewer mistakes means less to do (though bosses dying quickly means you don't have to care about mana, so it's not quite that simple).

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    you can't "beat" healing loool and i would normaly say that having a higher % on ursoc means your a crap healer. i mean afteralll its a dps test, i got 97% as resto healer in DAMAGE.
    If you have that much time to DPS on Ursoc, you're running too many healers. Drop one or two and then come back here and tell us that higher HPS means worse healer.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Valithyria View Post
    I had 99% at healing does this mean I did 99% more healing then the other rdruids of my ilvl? I'm a bit confused about what it means.
    it means you did more hps than 99% of logged resto druids.

for example if there were 100 logged resto druids and youd be in 99th percentile (99%), it would mean that only one of them did more hps than you, and everyone else did less.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...translate=true

One thing that you should look at is casting the moon spells on targets that won't die before the spell hits. You missed on 2 full moons and 5 half moons on the spider, most likely because you were casting them on low health spiderlings.

You need to use the new pots flasks enchants etc.

You used drums instead of actual lust/timewarp so you lost 5% haste there.

Try to line up your 3m CD with lust so that all of it happens within the lust period.

Try to go into lust + CD with full AP so you can starsurge within that. I didn't do the math on whether going in with stacks of empowered spells is better than going in with some astral power but yeah, should help a minute amount.

If starfall is beneficial on the number of spiderlings you're getting try and have enough AP so you can starfall on top of them as the tanks groups them. Same goes with having a full moon ready.

Work on your artifact weapon in terms of traits/relics since that will bring you the quickest increase in damage.

aslong as you get 70-80% on progress I wouldn't worry too much about it, killing bosses is not just about being nr. 1 dps. Obviously you need to use the correct enchants, flasks pots, but not everyone can be in the top 5%, it's also a matter of killspeed and luck

Deleted
    Also, if you ignore some of the mechanics and you will not stand/move where you should be and just cast = more dps. And as others mentioned. To get really high ranking you want your Full moon to crit >65%. Your star surge hight crit but your SW can by low in crit as it will not matter that much. RNG gods decide your rank once your skill is equal with other top 200 players in your class/spec

Hi guys!

I tried again yesterday and grab 95% on Il'gynoth ...

/reports/7ypCfG2dtjNcZDFM#fight=3&type=damage-done

... and 98% on Elerethe

/reports/7ypCfG2dtjNcZDFM#fight=5&type=damage-done

The differences was:

- Food buff 300 haste (against 125 in the last log)
    - 2nd Arctifat Elite Trait (Moon and Stars)
    - Switch 835 relic with 870 (Sunfire burns)

I used Draenor flask and pot yet.