Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah no it didnt.

it wasnt -12% dmg to run through even with 3 points in run through it was only a ~9% dmg reduction to run through so it's more like 4,5% of your dmg.
    Also not accounting for the increase in effective energy cost of finishers resulting in significantly less run throughs in general equaling less run through damage.
    It's all ogre now

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    It's acceptable because you should chose a spec because of the toolkit it offers not because it is on top on everything like outlaw use to be... Otherwise it's going to be screw the 2 other spec outlaw was on top at the start it should be till the end... Sub offer great st and burst. Outlaw great cleave and good potential when there's add and MFD reset and assa good 2-3 target and good sustained st... That's a well balanced class with choice... Not everyone outlaw cause best at everything.
    That sounds good on paper but I'm not sure that's how most mythic guilds operate. In my experience you're expected to play whatever spec does the best DPS, since DPS is a rogue's sole contribution to the success of the raid. We have less utility now than ever before. You could argue Outlaw brings some unique potential to the table, like Stjern saying he uses TB for quick CoS cooldowns on Cenarius, but I really doubt that's going to cut it as far as your average mythic progression guild is concerned. This won't be a problem for people playing with friends or outside hardcore progression groups, but the perception of Outlaw being subpar now will absolutely affect recruitment to raid guilds.

There's also the betrayal angle, not to be overly dramatic. Blizzard assured people they wouldn't crap on overperforming specs and drop them behind the pack. Rightly or wrongly, some of those people took that statement at face value. Whether or not Outlaw is still good in X or Y gamemode is going to seem irrelevant to them when they see their DPS tanking in raids... and you are at the mercy of RtB quite a lot, in spite of all the gospel about how rolling intelligently completely mitigates bad luck. It's particularly heinous if you get shafted by continuous crappy 1 rolls during burst phases.
    Last edited by uniquesnowflakename; 2016-09-30 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    How is losing 2% damage on each trait point, times 6 traits (with relics), not 12%?
    because your run through dmg went from 148% to 136%?

not from 100% to 88%?

i know math is hard but still this is like 4th grade stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    Phile, why is it OK for them to do that? Even if it's not a big deal (it personally is to me, my play time with my job is very limited), why is it OK for them to nerf our specs mid-tier and basically tell us to deal with it? No other class is going through this right now.
    Well to be frank, its ok because its their game and they know a lot more about what the numbers should look like in the long run than we do. However I am not griping with your disappointment in the nerf. In fact I agree it definitely appears to be over nerfed. My problem is the way that rogues are reacting right now with this "omg the sky is falling, my life is wasted, Blizzard nerfed my spec and now I have to spend months getting back on track to raid" attitude. If you're so hardcore that you want to say Blizzard has taken your life away with this nerf then you've had a 110 since launch. That's 4 weeks worth of AK at this point. If you cant get AP to bring up another artifact, get some relics, and a few pieces of gear to fix the very very small stat priority difference between the specs then you're not hardcore at all really, hell I know casuals leveling up 2 artifacts right now and progressing in Mythic.

Also this is not a tier technically, its pre tier. Chances are if they don't make any changes again it has something to do with the way specs will scale with the tier gear and set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    You don't raid seriously, do you? With that attitude you will get kicked from a progressive guild in a heart beat.
    If you raid in a progression guild you do know better then to whine on MMO-C.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Idk what i'm doing wrong

i'm playing my Outlaw Rogue like i've done always
    i never had problems doing good ST or AOE dmg, never had problems getting high on Damage meters

but now i can't barely get 200k dps with 852 ilvl
    it was no problem at all before the nerf, but now my dps feels insanely shit

I spend a billion years roling RTB a few times because energy takes so long to get, and when i get a buff that is not grand melee that i can use i just stand there with huge downtime even with AR up waiting for my energy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    Idk what i'm doing wrong

i'm playing my Outlaw Rogue like i've done always
    i never had problems doing good ST or AOE dmg, never had problems getting high on Damage meters

but now i can't barely get 200k dps with 852 ilvl
    it was no problem at all before the nerf, but now my dps feels insanely shit

I spend a billion years roling RTB a few times because energy takes so long to get, and when i get a buff that is not grand melee that i can use i just stand there with huge downtime even with AR up waiting for my energy
    it was for this exact reason I chose to go with quickdraw. It proccs pretty often and is basically a free roll so you can get more shitty rolls! Also, grand melee is our third strongest roll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    it was for this exact reason I chose to go with quickdraw. It proccs pretty often and is basically a free roll so you can get more shitty rolls! Also, grand melee is our third strongest roll.
    i do use quickdraw

but i always end up sitting there, watching my energy slowly building up so i can use 6 saber slashs with nothing proccing