Why am I not doing 200k

I started playing fire mage for the first time in legion and am struggling with sustaining 200k DPS on any fight in EN normal with a ilvl of 848 and talent set up of 2/1/2/2/1/2/1 I know pyromaniac is better single target but it changes the gameplay a bit so I want to get used to conflag first since the dps difference should be marginal from everything I have read.

I feel that my rotation is pretty good: on pull/burst phase when comb is up: I precast pyro/fireball to get HU>PF for HS> ROP> Combust > pyro> blast> pyro> blast> pyro> FO> blast> pyro> blast> pyro> PF>Pyro (if pyro gives HU I ROP again right away or fish with fireballs for HU and ROP) > PF > pyro >PF >Pyro > blast again since its up > pyro

Rest of the fight I basically just spam fireball and pyro (ideally at the end of a fireball cast) while making sure I use blast and PF enough to keep them from being full, I ROP if I have at least 1 blast and a PF to spend while making sure I have at least 1 ROP 2 blasts, 2 PF and FO for each combustion phase. Just trying to make sure PF CDs dont get wasted by the artifact talent.

This is the stat priority I have been using crit>int>mastery>haste>vers. To make choosing gear easier I was using a stat weight of roughly 1.3/1/.84/.8/.76. Currently I have 53% crit 9% haste 11% mastery and 9% vers. I am thinking my stat weight is where I am messing up, so my question is should I strickly focus on stacking crit and give significantly less value to other stats?
    For example: I have a 860 piece of gear that when doing that math ended up being better then the 840 you can get from class hall set (these are bracers btw). Although after doing stat weights it had ended up that the 860 was slightly better then the 840 I am now thinking that the 840 with 135 less int and 30 less haste is better then the 860 because it has about 100-130 more crit.

So the question is what am I doing wrong? Is it my rotation or is it the fact that I only have 53% crit? At 848 ilvl I feel like 200k should definetly be doable. In normal mythics I usually top DPS but in raids I am somewhere near the bottom. If it is my lack of crit what stat numbers should I be aiming to reach in order to pull off 200k DPS. Keep in mind I have no legendaries, flasks, or enchants. With the gear and stats I have should I be able to do 200k DPS?

tl:dr what am I doing wrong? If you need more info just ask I tried to be as thorough as possible without logs.
    Last edited by Tyronesaurus; 2016-09-30 at 01:08 AM.

If you really want some good help you should post a log. In your spam phase, you are only casting pyro on procs right? Are you making sure you line up your cd's? Which trinks are you using? Are you pre potting?

53% crit is a little low for your item level. As for the order hall bracers part of the reason people use them so long is the gem on top of the crit on them. It doesnt take long for items to be worth more then that gem slot though. Obviously no enchants are going to hurt you too, as well as consumables. you want your haste to be at 1800 which is about 6% to max out your burn time during combustion. In reality without seeing logs there is only so much advice people will be able to give.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I was using caged horror 830 and 840 starfall at the time, trying to get shock baton and WQ trinket with crit/int or WS. I have not pre potted or used any consumables and I do try to line up all of my CDs around combustion. I only cast pyro on hot streak. I will try to get logs soon. Its probably a combination of my lack of enchants and consumables and my terribad trinkets and the fact that my crit is kind of low. Askmrrobot was saying I should be doing 230k in what I have so I assumed I was doing something really wrong but I think that website's sim just isn't accurate.
    Last edited by Tyronesaurus; 2016-09-30 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronesaurus View Post
    I was using caged horror 830 and 840 starfall at the time, trying to get shock baton and WQ trinket with crit/int or WS. I have not pre potted or used any consumables and I do try to line up all of my CDs around combustion. I only cast pyro on hot streak. I will try to get logs soon. Its probably a combination of my lack of enchants and consumables and my terribad trinkets and the fact that my crit is kind of low. Askmrrobot was saying I should be doing 230k in what I have so I assumed I was doing something really wrong but I think that website's sim just isn't accurate.
    Askmrrobot is only as good as the stat values you use for it. It also extremely undervalued shock baton last time I was there. I also think their sim time is 5 minutes which lets you combust 3 times with kindling, that will greatly change your dps. I am not saying AMR isn't a good tool but it needs to be used properly.

@tryonesaurus If you link a log, I can compare them for you. The simulator is extremely accurate, especially for mages. We work very closely with a few of the top theorycrafters, like Frosted, who has verified the damage is accurate as well.

@Tyrven I think he was referring to our simulation results, which aren't affected by the stats. Also, I just verified the shock baton again for enhancement shamans, comparing it to a log, if you want to check that out, it's this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42591204
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @tryonesaurus If you link a log, I can compare them for you. The simulator is extremely accurate, especially for mages. We work very closely with a few of the top theorycrafters, like Frosted, who has verified the damage is accurate as well.

@Tyrven I think he was referring to our simulation results, which aren't affected by the stats. Also, I just verified the shock baton again for enhancement shamans, comparing it to a log, if you want to check that out, it's this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42591204
    I wasn't trying to discredit the sim numbers, rather explain that people need to be aware of the sim conditions. With a large cooldown like combustion if you are or aren't able to squeeze in an extra one has a rather large impact, even more so if it changes your 2nd potion usage. Too often people think sims or gear lists are a one size fits all answer to everything. AMR is great and has continued to improve over the years, as with most tools though it is limited by the person using it and their knowledge.

Ah yes, the one-size-fits all thing. How right you are One of the reasons we wanted to make the simulator is to make it super easy for people to 'sim themselves' - by removing as many excuses and barriers to entry as possible. Or making sure people aren't running out-of-date versions, etc. The other reason we made it is to improve on simulation options, like our batch sims that automatically build all of the combos for you. And soon, very soon, we hope to have stat weights that adapt automatically to your character, talents, etc. Now how killer would that be? (We're still testing it to make sure it works, ha!)
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

i'm not pulling 200k either :'(

How far into your artifact are you?

Using the "Best in Bags" told me that my Shock Baton was better than my currently equipped trinket, but running the simulation again after switching it on produced a lower DPS value. So either the simulation or the Best in Bags feature seems to be off at the moment.

Ah yes, the one-size-fits all thing. How right you are One of the reasons we wanted to make the simulator is to make it super easy for people to 'sim themselves' - by removing as many excuses and barriers to entry as possible. Or making sure people aren't running out-of-date versions, etc. The other reason we made it is to improve on simulation options, like our batch sims that automatically build all of the combos for you. And soon, very soon, we hope to have stat weights that adapt automatically to your character, talents, etc. Now how killer would that be? (We're still testing it to make sure it works, ha!)
    How accurate if Ask Mr Robot simulation?