Friends DPS very low for itemlevel

Hi. My friend is currently playing MM, and is really upset about his DPS. He's reading guides and trying to learn but doesn't seem to improve as he wish. Would anyone look over some logs from our raids and provide some tips? I'm not playing a hunter and can't provide them, as i don't know the class well.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nMfK4g#boss=-2

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unbunny/simple

Thanks in advance!

i'm not very good at judging from logs, but i play a mm hunter myself, with the same legendary even, ilvl 852, and i do between 230-280k ST dps depending on the fight. (target switching and movement and so on)

he seems to have a bit low, although not too bad, amount of mastery.

he seems to have a waay too big focus on aimed shots. atleast for me, aimed shot, barrage and marked shots constantly compete to be my nr. 1 damage dealing abillity. for him, aimed shot does almost the same dmg as the 2 others combined. especialy with the legendary ring, marked shot should be doing a ton more dmg overall. i "often" get to fire off 3-5 marked shot right after each other after a single sidewinder. does he remember to look at the proc, or does he waste the ring?

but again, take my info with a grain of salt - I may be the one doing it completely wrong, but alas, it works out for me.

Deleted
    Looks like if he is missing a lot of Vulnerable Uptime and also a lot of missing Windburst cast what applies Vulnerable.

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/cb...88/1?tab=basic
    Last edited by mmoc5bb7211d02; 2016-09-30 at 05:55 AM.

Was looking at Ursoc fight
    very often you can see Bunbunny doing only 1 AiS in vulnerable window and you always want to squeeze 2-3 AiS in vulnerable window ( SW + Marked )

He/She is doing SW > Marked > AiS
    and should be doing SW > AiS > AiS > Marked > AiS or SW > AiS > Marked > AiS > AiS

Aimed Shot will do ~40-50% of MM Hunter dmg ( on ST fights )

also remember that she/he has only 18 traits in MM Artifact so 2nd golden trait is missing, in Bunbunny case it is Bullseye which gives you +30% crit chance ( when stacked ) under 30% mob HP
    Last edited by Remere; 2016-09-30 at 11:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i'm not very good at judging from logs, but i play a mm hunter myself, with the same legendary even, ilvl 852, and i do between 230-280k ST dps depending on the fight. (target switching and movement and so on)

he seems to have a bit low, although not too bad, amount of mastery.

he seems to have a waay too big focus on aimed shots. atleast for me, aimed shot, barrage and marked shots constantly compete to be my nr. 1 damage dealing abillity. for him, aimed shot does almost the same dmg as the 2 others combined. especialy with the legendary ring, marked shot should be doing a ton more dmg overall. i "often" get to fire off 3-5 marked shot right after each other after a single sidewinder. does he remember to look at the proc, or does he waste the ring?
    I have the ring too, and AiS is pretty much ~40-50% of my damage, Barrage and MS don't even come close unless it's a multi-target fight. (I'm however, mostly using crows for reasons, which means I'm using AiS even more )
    And "often" 3-5 shots? Naw m8, sometimes I don't even have a single proc during a whole Boss fight. Yes, it works and sometimes it seems to be even higher than 15% (proc after proc after proc after proc)... but I wouldn't call that "often", it's rare that it procs in the first place... 1 out of ~6 - 15%, AiS is nearly doing the same amount of damage as MS on a per use basis, but you shoot AiS twice as often. At best you have ~1 MS every 10s. If you are telling me that you don't use AiS a significant amount of times more often than that, you wouldn't be doing 220-280k.

If your MS damage is close to AiS in terms of damage, you are not using AiS often enough and are wasting Focus or doing someting very, very wrong. The AiS vs MS Ratio should be around 2:1 or 3:1. I suggest checking your skada/log/recount again, I'm sure you'll see that you are "focusing on AiS" too.

Sadly, I can't check his log from her, but I just wanted to point out that AiS is most likely always #1, even with Barrage on ST.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-30 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I have the ring too, and AiS is pretty much ~40-50% of my damage, Barrage and MS don't even come close unless it's a multi-target fight. (I'm however, mostly using crows for reasons, which means I'm using AiS even more )
    And "often" 3-5 shots? Naw m8, sometimes I don't even have a single proc during a whole Boss fight. Yes, it works and sometimes it seems to be even higher than 15% (proc after proc after proc after proc)... but I wouldn't call that "often", it's rare that it procs in the first place... 1 out of ~6 - 15%, AiS is nearly doing the same amount of damage as MS on a per use basis, but you shoot AiS twice as often. At best you have ~1 MS every 10s. If you are telling me that you don't use AiS a significant amount of times more often than that, you wouldn't be doing 220-280k.

If your MS damage is close to AiS in terms of damage, you are not using AiS often enough and are wasting Focus or doing someting very, very wrong. The AiS vs MS Ratio should be around 2:1 or 3:1. I suggest checking your skada/log/recount again, I'm sure you'll see that you are "focusing on AiS" too.

Sadly, I can't check his log from her, but I just wanted to point out that AiS is most likely always #1, even with Barrage on ST.
    well, i do use black arrow instead of lock'n'load, witch reduces the amount of aimed shot i fire compared to one who does use LNL.
    but i'm never focus capped, and yes, by "often" i mean 2-3 times per fight. although i don't believe the 15% chance, since i seem to get a proc every 3 marked shot on average.

but on my last ursoc kill, my marked shot did 32% of my dmg, aimed shot 27-28%, and barrage 16% (seems to be feeling the nerf to barrage now).

but maybe my recount is just fucked, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Remere View Post
    Was looking at Ursoc fight
    very often you can see Bunbunny doing only 1 AiS in vulnerable window and you always want to squeeze 2-3 AiS in vulnerable window ( SW + Marked )

He/She is doing SW > Marked > AiS
    and should be doing SW > AiS > AiS > Marked > AiS or SW > AiS > Marked > AiS > AiS

Aimed Shot will do ~40-50% of MM Hunter dmg ( on ST fights )

also remember that she/he has only 18 traits in MM Artifact so 2nd golden trait is missing, in Bunbunny case it is Bullseye which gives you +30% crit chance ( when stacked ) under 30% mob HP
    The rotation hes doing is whats in the Icy veins guide.
    It really shouldn't make a difference in dps unless hes only doing 1 aimed shot after MS when he should Aimed shot until no more energy in which you should have SW proc'd.
    I normally do SW>AiS>MS>AiS>AiS
    unless if I'm moving, which I would use SW>MS>AiS ect.. That being said though i dont think switching the order of the first MS will matter.

Deleted
    It matters somewhat because you want to use as many AiS before you have to either refresh or move.

Refreshing Vuln. with MS even though you could squeeze in another AiS right here and now means you *might* lose it when you have to move later during the second window.. It's also worth considering not doing SW>MS>AiS if you have to move, but SW-> lose a GCD or two -> AiS>MS>AiS>AiS instead. It depends on how much focus you are sitting on.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-30 at 03:31 PM.