WW potions (old war or deadly grace)???

Good evening all. In my mind it seems there is some confusion on what potions I must use to maximize dps potential. People say that old war potion does not scale with sef thus forcing to use serenity. Hence when speced with dragon punch the deadly grace potion is the way to go?? Or potion of the old war for all situations???
    Thanks a lot for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinaki View Post
    Good evening all. In my mind it seems there is some confusion on what potions I must use to maximize dps potential. People say that old war potion does not scale with sef thus forcing to use serenity. Hence when speced with dragon punch the deadly grace potion is the way to go?? Or potion of the old war for all situations???
    Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Unless something has changed from a few weeks ago when I was testing. Both Deadly Grace and Potion of the Old War are reduced by Storm, Earth and Fire. Trinket procs that do direct damage also do reduced damage while Storm, Earth and Fire is active.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    Unless something has changed from a few weeks ago when I was testing. Both Deadly Grace and Potion of the Old War are reduced by Storm, Earth and Fire. Trinket procs that do direct damage also do reduced damage while Storm, Earth and Fire is active.
    So we must take serenity and use pots or not use pots??? What is this bug???

Deleted
    Serenity has the higher potential in most situations, but is more difficult to use. What you can do when playing with WDP (and thus SEF) is taking the pot outside the SEF window.
    And I don't think it's a bug. It has always been this way with SEFand additional damage procs, and it will almost certainly always be that way. It's just the mechanic of the spell. If it would be a bug, they'd do a piss poor job of fixing it, as it is in the game for years.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-09-30 at 12:04 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinaki View Post
    So we must take serenity and use pots or not use pots??? What is this bug???
    You can use Serenity if you're skilled enough to do so, but SEF is balanced around these bugs like this, they dont make it worse to use. After the opener you can stagger your SEF and potions. You still use potions when using SEF/WDP.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    You can use Serenity if you're skilled enough to do so, but SEF is balanced around these bugs like this, they dont make it worse to use. After the opener you can stagger your SEF and potions. You still use potions when using SEF/WDP.
    But doesnt this SEF defect neuter pre-potting for WW?

Deleted
    The effect is reduced by ~50%, but not negated completely.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    But doesnt this SEF defect neuter pre-potting for WW?
    Neuter is probably too strong a word. You still gain more damage than you would without it. You'd do more damage with prepotting and SEF than SEF alone.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I looked at the potions, since they are very strong this expansion, and theoretically having them cut in half by Storm, Earth, and Fire would be a problem. I included the Draenic Agility Potion from Warlords because if the 50% reduction when using Storm, Earth, and Fire was major, it may have put that +1000 Agility potion to the top. I also wanted to test whether or not de-synchronizing the Legion potions from Storm, Earth, and Fire would be beneficial.