10+ Year Old Account

Switched from Serenity to WDP. How do I use SEF?

OK, so for the first time ever since Legion came out, I switched out of Serenity (because I hear WDP does more damage now with the artifact ability nerfed) and I have no clue how or when to use Storm Earth and Fire.

Do I use it on CD on single target? Do I only use it on multi target? Is there a prime time to use it (like before using big hitters like artifact ability/FoF or AoE?).

Tried looking it up on sites like icy veins to no avail.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Use it during opening rotation; hit tiger palm for 3 chi -> SEF -> FoF -> TP -> SotW -> TP -> SFK -> WDP.

Then you alternate TP / BOK and the occasional SFK until FoF is back up; use it and WDP again. The next time SotW is up (about 30 seconds after opening rotation ends) you repeat the opening rotation (so you save the second charge of SEF for this).

Since it has 2 charges, you don't need to pop it on CD, as long as you don't let it sit on 2 charges. During drawn out combat, SEF and SotW will become out of sync, so remember you can use SEF when there's a few seconds left on the CD of FoF/SotW; you'll still have time to use it near the end of SEF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
    Use it during opening rotation; hit tiger palm for 3 chi -> SEF -> FoF -> TP -> SotW -> TP -> SFK -> WDP.

Then you alternate TP / BOK and the occasional SFK until FoF is back up; use it and WDP again. The next time SotW is up (about 30 seconds after opening rotation ends) you repeat the opening rotation (so you save the second charge of SEF for this).

Since it has 2 charges, you don't need to pop it on CD, as long as you don't let it sit on 2 charges. During drawn out combat, SEF and SotW will become out of sync, so remember you can use SEF when there's a few seconds left on the CD of FoF/SotW; you'll still have time to use it near the end of SEF.
    So I use it regardless of number of targets? If there's 1, I have to hit the button twice to make them all hit the target?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So I use it regardless of number of targets? If there's 1, I have to hit the button twice to make them all hit the target?
    if theres only one targe the clones will auto focus it. if there is multiple targets they will select targets to attack, then you need to hit it again so they focus your target.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also useful to save it for large aoe packs and jab/blackout kick while tab targeting to quickly build up spinning crane kick stacks.

If there's only one target they will automatically attack your target. If there's more then one target and you want them to focus on your target instead of doing their own thing then you need to hit it a second time.

so old war doing less than with SEF is confirmed intended?

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...56504043814912

boo
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates